• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NIN90

blackwellconvergence.jpg

I just finished Blackwell Convergence, if you like classic Point and Click adventure games, you really should play these games, they are fantastic.

What's the right order to play these games anyway? I got:

Blackwell Convergence
The Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound

Salsa

I played through all the Blackwells except the very last one that came out in april and they were fine, but I enjoyed Gemini Rue and Resonance more.

I have Primordia, should get on that.

DasFool

I played through all the Blackwells except the very last one that came out in april and they were fine, but I enjoyed Gemini Rue and Resonance more.

I have Primordia, should get on that.

I didn't like Primordia as much as I did the others, found it to be unfocused and its characters lacking. After the excellence of Resonance, it was somewhat disappointing.

Santiako

What's the right order to play these games anyway? I got:

Blackwell Convergence
The Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound

1 The Blackwell Legacy
2 Blackwell Unbound
3 Blackwell Convergence
4 Blackwell Deception
5 Blackwell Epiphany

legacy <- this is the good one
unbound
convergence
deception
epiphany

I didn't find the 2 and 3rd worse than the first one, I did love the no items everything trough notes thing of the first one.

Salsa

After the excellence of Resonance, it was somewhat disappointing.

That's the thing tho, they were made by completely different people, look at the chart above.

maybe Wadjeteye should make a better distinction out of this, unless it works to their favour. They just publish the games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sub $20

expecting $15 regular $25ish digital deluxe season pass or some ubi crap

i'll grab it as long as it's below 20

latest AC getting more than 50%? unless it bombed (and it didnt as far as I know) the AC games take fucking ages to get proper discounts (on steam that is, amazon is another story)

i finally got 3 during the xmas sale when it hit 75%, and it was old as shit

That's the thing tho, they were made by completely different people, look at the chart above.

maybe Wadjeteye should make a better distinction out of this, unless it works to their favour. They just publish the games.

It works in their favour in that consumers can trust Wadjet Eye for their adventure game needs, instead of fragmenting themselves into a handful of lesser-known studios. This helps them to collectively receive more prominence and recognition for their very niche releases and audience.

Salsa

latest AC getting more than 50%? unless it bombed (and it didnt as far as I know) the AC games take fucking ages to get proper discounts (on steam that is, amazon is another story)

i finally got 3 during the xmas sale when it hit 75%, and it was old as shit

eh not really, new one's already announced, that vita port came out, and IV will be a year old in a couple months

they go on sale more often that people give em credit. I said i'll buy it below $20 and we're at least getting 50 off for sure. Im guessing 66%

you say you grabbed AC3 last christmas and it was "old as shit" when in reality it was just a year old, almost like IV now

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't post in threads like that anymore. I start to become condescending towards people and get banned.
Seeing these threads makes me glad for not noticing the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. I even tried a few sites linked there, and for me both videos are the same.

Salsa

Seeing these threads makes me glad for not noticing the difference between 30 and 60 FPS. I even tried a few sites linked there, and for me both videos are the same.

oh man not you

It works in their favour in that consumers can trust Wadjet Eye for their adventure game needs, instead of fragmenting themselves into a handful of lesser-known studios. This helps them to collectively receive more prominence and recognition for their very niche releases and audience.

well it's a double edged sword when there's a discrepancy on quality

Jawmuncher

While I know the difference I don't find the need for 60fps that important. As long as you can cap the game with no dips on either 30 or 60 you're golden. When the game can't handle that then there's a problem.

Though most of the time you end up just adapting anyway. Senran Kagura on 3DS had crap framerate sometimes but by the end of the game I barely noticed it.

Though someone play AC4 at 15 or less FPS is still a horrendous sight.

Salsa

30:

ibatgI5jw43rjO.gif

60:

iNjO4hEblaxGm.gif

I really don't wanna dwell on this but it's not an eye thing people. It's literally impossible to not notice the difference. "not caring" is another thing entirely and it's one thing to discuss that in those threads but when people say they LITERALLY CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE then I just think they're being dumb

Halo 2

Banned
Night and day. I've done a lot of animation in school so maybe I notice it more but I completely agree it's hard not to notice.

I don't get why some people are so opposed to seeing those pretty models in silky smooth glory.

zkylon

zkylewd
1 The Blackwell Legacy
2 Blackwell Unbound
3 Blackwell Convergence
4 Blackwell Deception
5 Blackwell Epiphany

I didn't find the 2 and 3rd worse than the first one, I did love the no items everything trough notes thing of the first one.
yup, notes thing is what i liked and without that it felt like a ghost whisperer knock-off

and like boobs aside ghost whisperer is garbage

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of sequels I should play because I loved the first one, the Kings Bounty series

I really don't wanna dwell on this but it's not an eye thing people. It's literally impossible to not notice the difference. "not caring" is another thing entirely and it's one thing to discuss that in those threads but when people say they LITERALLY CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE then I just think they're being dumb
There is some content that can look pretty close when you just switch back and forth between 30 and 60. But looking at 60 for even a minute and then looking at 30 makes it look like a slideshow and I don't believe anyone who says they can't see it.

My eyes can easily get used to either but the change from one to the other is always extremely noticeable.

eek5

Goddamn that 21:9 monitor thread. I'm now semi-serious in getting one.

I really want one too. The best one right now seems to be that 1440 LG but it has no VESA mounting which kind of sucks and the stock stand doesn't seem to be that great. My next monitor is probably going to be a 21:9 1440 or a 4k monitor.

I'm leaning towards 4k right now because of the extra pixels which would be nice when I'm coding.

yuraya

Oh my @ this review for The Forest lol so fukd up smh.

gQLZQuG.png

btw The Forest is getting its first update tomorrow for those who didn't know.

Tizoc

Seeing TF2 Keys not going for anything under $2.45 is making me cry. Still waiting to see if my trade offers on TF2 Outpost work >_>;

Arthea

The 39 steps is not what I expected. I wouldn't call it point and click, rather interactive novel or something like that and it bothers me somewhat that characters are apparitions in a game.

speaking of sequels I should play because I loved the first one, the Kings Bounty series

you really should!
And I should stop playing games for rewards and get to finishing Warriors of the North too.

sibarraz

Banned
I bought another world and castle of ilussion thanks to the playfire rewards deal

Another world is amazing, I always love the boxart of the game and always was curious for how will play, after 23 years is still amazing imo

Is cool to enjoy this game for the first time

Ruruja

The 39 steps is not what I expected. I wouldn't call it point and click, rather interactive novel or something like that and it bothers me somewhat that characters are apparitions in a game.

It's different, not really a game - but I enjoyed it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Signs I'm buying too many bundles: I buy so many bundles that entering games I've bought into the database I use to keep track of games I've bought so I don't buy the same game twice has become too tedious, so I wrote a Python script to scrape Steam metadata to save me time. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom