• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

just another zombie game from the bunch guys, ughhh

2375776-3733777739-25343.gif

they're all the same!! get original devs

Ok, you totally got me. I'm buying it. Just look at that!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Salsa, did you clear your cookies recently? That might have caused it, but I'm not an expert on this stuff.

You can't really do anything other than waiting, unfortunately.

derExperte

I can't really put my finger on it, but it definitely annoyed me. I think it was because he was narrating every action I was doing, when I know what I just did because I'm the one who did it. (If that made sense.) It would be like if someone followed you around all day in real life and narrated everything you did. I doubt you'd enjoy it after a while. I know the narration is supposed to be part of the storytelling/experience, but it didn't work for me. I have the same worry about Transistor, though from what I've heard it's different/better.

But the narrator talks less and less as the game goes on. Eventually he only comments on new stuff. And for me Bastion would have been a lot less memorable without him, it's perfect the way it is.

Ruruja

it lets me use the market on the client

but im guessing I need to stay logged

I don't suppose you're using the latest Nightly of Firefox are you? I keep getting the 'new browser' thing every time I try to register a steam game on Humble Bundle and I think it might be that.

Love for Dark Souls... Hate of Season Passes.
Love for Dark Souls... Hate of Season Passes.

Hate of Season Passes.

Stupid modern gaming.

Garcia

I can't really put my finger on it, but it definitely annoyed me. I think it was because he was narrating every action I was doing, when I know what I just did because I'm the one who did it. (If that made sense.) It would be like if someone followed you around all day in real life and narrated everything you did. I doubt you'd enjoy it after a while. I know the narration is supposed to be part of the storytelling/experience, but it didn't work for me. I have the same worry about Transistor, though from what I've heard it's different/better.

That's exactly how I feel. I understand why the chose that approach since it introduces an additional layer to story development but I feel it was poorly implemented both in quantity and quality.

Transistor's narrator sounds much better and it definitely works in favor of the game because the voice is actually sharing your own experiences. Both seem to be unraveling the mysteries together, which makes him feel and sound like a sidekick.

dot

Hey guys I feel like getting a fight game, Injustice or MK?

Not a fan of comic books. I like the Batman movies though.

I personally liked Mortal Kombat 9 more, but Injustice is still quite good. MK is cheaper too so you should probably go with that.

Are those unsold cards that were put to market?

As far as I'm aware, marketed items don't stay up in the store indefinitely. They will rebound back to your inventory after x months.

More extras

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Face Noir -- MB-F1536ED714B176AC - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 5 entrants total.
Huntsman the Orphanage -- MB-27BB22CC9FB154C6 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.
Not the Robots -- MB-3DE0F830DABA322E - Taken by bornlivedie. 9 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-74715445952E674F - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 3 entrants total.

t1401940520z1.png

As usual, once keys are awarded, let me know if there's a problem.

:)

At first, i thought The Forest was a multi-player game like Rust. Wrong. From it's description on its store page, It's quite interesting. I will be looking into it a bit more.

MUnited83

For you.

As far as I'm aware, marketed items don't stay up in the store indefinitely. They will rebound back to your inventory after x months.

The last winter cards completely dissapeared after the last winter sale. From the market and from inventories.

I believe they're the cards you had in your inventory when that sale ended and the cards were taken away. At least for me they are.

MK9 is cheaper and, in my opinion, the better game.
I did grab Injustice so I could beat the hell out of Superman with the Bat whenever I feel like it... but I still don't enjoy the gimmicky environmental stuff or the fighting system and I think the character animations seem stiffer/jankier than MK9. Maybe it's just because the MK9 fighters move how you'd expect MK fighters to move while the DC characters look off. Add in the supers that rally bug me and it's not got a lot of positives from me.

If I had to say something positive, I'd wonder if they managed to improve the hair. ;)

Random: I enabled the "shadowplay" recording icon. I see it when I play endless legend. I see it when I play Prototype 2 (going to make a video from the footage, just because...) but I don't see it when I play Sine Mora. I cannot figure out why, thought this would indicate the shadowplay doesn't work with Sine Mora for some reason and would explain why I cannot get footage to make that small video I was going to...

Indiegala linky thingy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

GEARCRACK Arena -- MB-0A2A9A0B7C58C78B - Taken by PossumMeat

Nabs

Random: I enabled the "shadowplay" recording icon. I see it when I play endless legend. I see it when I play Prototype 2 (going to make a video from the footage, just because...) but I don't see it when I play Sine Mora. I cannot figure out why, thought this would indicate the shadowplay doesn't work with Sine Mora for some reason and would explain why I cannot get footage to make that small video I was going to...

You can get footage by switching Shadowplay to Desktop Recording mode. You can enable that in the Shadowplay preferences menu, under the image of the desktop.

That feel when I get the same card drop three times for the same game.

The same... FOIL?
Well, hopefully you got one of the rarer cards 3x. ;)

I need a Assassin's Creed set on Victorian London where I can murder people with canes.

There's so many cool possibilities.
My original hope/idea for the next game after ACII was to be set in modern day... Desmond and the Assassins would be moving from location to location trying to recover the pieces of Eden before Abstergo could. Each time, you'd be able to sync with ancestors from various time periods and then after playing the sync mission, you'd go to the same location in present day and hunt for the piece of Eden.

This way you could have all sorts of eras and locations ranging across the world and history. But no, they made 2 direct sequels to ACII...

Both are solid. I prefer the movement and overall mechanics in Injustice better. Last I checked MK had a shit online community for PC, but for the price it's hard to beat. Really harkens back to the old school days too, it's almost like a "love letter" to OG MK fans. Good stuff, either way you go.

what the fuck?

0DJfG4G.png

no I didnt

This happened to me during the Summersale last year...
All the great prices with keys :(

Though if you did it once, it doesnt matter. I am using a VPN here in China and I log in from HK, Taiwan, Los Angeles and whatnot and according to Steamsupport its not a problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If each DS2 DLC is as good as artorias that season pass is totally worth it

Tellaerin

But the narrator talks less and less as the game goes on. Eventually he only comments on new stuff. And for me Bastion would have been a lot less memorable without him, it's perfect the way it is.

Bastion's narration was one of the coolest parts of its presentation. There were an impressive amount of nuance in what he'd respond to, it really gave the feeling like the game was acknowledging everything I was doing.

I like you guys.

More extras

A Galaxy Rangers avatar? I like you, too.

More extras

As usual, once keys are awarded, let me know if there's a problem.

:)

Tried for Huntsman.

Man. I won so many Games these past few days. I should give something back when I come home in the evening.
I still need to see how to give Steamgifts through Modbot. Last time I tried it it didnt work.

Salsa

steam should add an option to delete gameplay tracking stats for a game. like start from scratch

I don't care enough to get proper gameplay tracking instead of free money, so the card idling has really fucked me up in that regard

I mean, people are gonna think I played 32 hours of Rush Bros

Hi guys, a weird thing just happened.

After getting Sniper Elite V2 for free on steam (go guys, get it!), I opened up my games library and suddenly there was "Orion: Dino Horde - 6 Days Left".
At first I thought it is an ad but it says "click here to install and play" etc. How is that possible? I never bought that game and on the steam page it is listed as 0.99$ (down from 14,99$) and it says I already own the game.

What in the what??? Did I just get an anonymous prize?

This site is full of lies. For example it says that Skyborn full playtime is 9 hours, that's bullshit, seriously. I'm 100% sure that I missed some stuff as I backtracked very little, and later I passed no return point without noticing it and thought wth and just finished it promptly after that, my timer says 15 hours, granted I leave games sometimes to post or for other reasons and I forget I left them, but still, I simply don't believe that it can be fully finished with all side stuff in 9 hours.
And so on and so on.

I finished it today. It took me about 12 hours. I'm glad I stuck with it. The first four hours made it feel almost like a Dark Sun-style game with its limited resources, but once you start going through the colosseum and some of the later obsidian mines, all of a sudden you become godlike. The progression is almost like a party-based Morrowind.

So thanks to going to bat for it. If you hadn't, I probably would have given up on it.

Tried for Huntsman.

Man. I won so many Games these past few days. I should give something back when I come home in the evening.
I still need to see how to give Steamgifts through Modbot. Last time I tried it it didnt work.

Send the gift to yourself via email from your inventory. Open the email and copy and paste that link to modbot. You probably want to strip your email out of the link, so it's safe to remove everything past and including the "?" in the link.

i.e. just remove "?redeemer=YOUREMAIL%40gmail.com"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom