• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, new King's Quest? How did I miss out on that.

Maybe I should try to play some of my old favorites (V and VI) in the copy of King's Quest Collection that any sensible person already has in his Steam library

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

inm8num2

Space Quest, Police Quest and they don't own the rights to Leisure Suit Larry anymore, so that's it? As a kid I might have been excited at the prospect of more Space Quest but The Odd Gentlemen have a kind of mixed track record and my guess is that's who Activision will run with if Kings Quest is remotely successful.

Codemasters owns LSL, but there are plenty of other properties aside from the main Quest franchises - Gabriel Knight, Manhunter, Laura Bow, Red Baron, Conquests, Island of Dr. Brain, Outpost, Caesar/Pharoah/Zeus, Krondor... I don't know if all of those are still with Activision (some properties like Lords of the Realm are with other companies [Rebellion]), but they do have options if they push forward with revisiting other Sierra IPs.

I agree that even a few years ago I might have been excited, but now that feeling is a bit more tempered. The past is the past - even the ex-Sierra devs who went to Kickstarter more or less just retread their old games (Spaceventure and Hero-U are close to being vaporware at this point). As I wrote above, Activision reviving the Sierra brand seems more focused on having a mid-tier publishing label than reviving old Sierra franchises. If they do more with the latter, I can see them working with The Odd Gentlemen again or another smaller development team.

Most of this is my speculation, though, as we just have to wait and see how KQ does.

Hektor

Uhu, I don't understand, Batman shoots with a CANNON to enemies, but no one die.
Also a bullet is capable to destroy another thank, but it doesn't kill a person.
And I can't understand why Batman suited up like Iron Man to defeat three random dudes while he did the same thing without for three games.

It automatically switches to non-ethal rounds when targeting human enemys, duh.

Messiah

Uhu, I don't understand, Batman shoots with a CANNON to enemies, but no one die.
Also a bullet is capable to destroy another thank, but it doesn't kill a person.
And I can't understand why Batman suited up like Iron Man to defeat three random dudes while he did the same thing without for three games.

The Batmobile's computer switches to non-lethal ammunition when you target people instead of drones. I think in the first sequence with the Batmobile it's explained.

KingKong

Bundle Stars Truckload Bundle
Price: 2.71€
  • 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul
  • Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville
  • Hunting Unlimited 2010
  • Deadlock II Shrine Wars
  • Hot Dish
  • Elizabeth Find, M.D. Diagnosis Mystery Season 2
  • Dr Daisy Pet Vet
  • Mahjongg Investigations: Under Suspicion
  • Mission Runway
  • The Undergarden

this is either the worst or best bundle I've seen. These all sound like the kind of games you'd find in a Half Price Books store

Maniac

Banned
The Batmobile's computer switches to non-lethal ammunition when you target people instead of drones. I think in the first sequence with the Batmobile it's explained.

It's such a lazy explanation though. You can still run people over, but sure they'll totes be ok. Totally.

Ofcourse there's also the fact that it would be impossible for it to swap that quick, let alone do it without any kind of audio or visual feedback.

Although, I do feel that the Batmobile in it's entirety is lazy. Rocksteady tried their hardest to justify it being in the game, but it is nonetheless entirely pointless. :p

Hektor

Also I understand why Batman never used the batmobile, because by doing so it would cause 1384863483478347 milion dollars of damage, filling all Gotham's hospitals with victims too.

That reminds me of that wonderful ghostbusters game. That actually had a counter in one of the corners to tell you how much damge you did during a mission. Rocksteady should've stolen that idea.

Reading SteanGAF make me feel like I'm reading a comic book now. Full of advertisements and 70% of the stuff I would pay not to see.

So.... Who is the villain?

rtcn63

Well I mean, the Batmobile has a habit of losing its wheel, allowing the Joker to get away.

No Joker in this one, so they said why the fuck not.

dex3108

Absolutely. As I wrote, Rocksteady crafted an amazing game here. Nothing to say against it, I only played a bit (game says 10% or so), but I'm loving each moment of it.

I love to destroy corners of the buildings but i hate when i break columns and thing that they are supporting stays up :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
N20 now says I'm a cool dude on the score chart

edit: now I'm hot!

steam overlay don't work in this game though :( can't even take screenshots with fraps wtf

Terraria hype in full swing

CQUgnC6.png

new all-time high as well

Peaked at 159,280!

It's such a lazy explanation though. You can still run people over, but sure they'll totes be ok. Totally.

Ofcourse there's also the fact that it would be impossible for it to swap that quick, let alone do it without any kind of audio or visual feedback.

Although, I do feel that the Batmobile in it's entirety is lazy. Rocksteady tried their hardest to justify it being in the game, but it is nonetheless entirely pointless. :p

Actually you can't run people over. The batmobile releases an electrical discharge before you can ram into them. They're just stunned.

Yes it's dumb.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If any of you are like me and have been stuck with only one episode of Cognition on your Steam account forever, wingamestore has a sale going on and it's only $3.75 for the GOTY version right now.

Edit: Hold up, it let me use the key and now the soundtrack unlocked as owned, but it still shows DLC for the episode in the game page. I'm going to go ahead and install it to see if all eps are opened when I launch it. Otherwise, if all this is confusing Steam, I may have to contact the dev to get individual episode DLC keys.

Arthea

If any of you are like me and have been stuck with only one episode of Cognition on your Steam account forever, wingamestore has a sale going on and it's only $3.75 for the GOTY version right now.

I have all chapters for a long time now, yet I'm in third or second, meaning not even close to the end. Finishing games, how does it work?
What I tried to say, you don't know... maybe it's good people have only one chapter, it's much easier to finish than all of them

edited: otoh at this point I have no idea why I still play clicker heroes, I'll never finish it, I don't even like it anymore, I guess it's very little time actually used on it that keeps me coming back.

Maniac

Banned
Actually you can't run people over. The batmobile releases an electrical discharge before you can ram into them. They're just stunned.

Yes it's dumb.

You can still run them over after they're stunned though.

Also once jumped out of it in high-speed and it slid to the side and hit two dudes without zappin' em! :p

But man, overall, the batmobile is fucking janky. If someone can't find any faults with the game, then... They don't like good vehicles in games, because the batmobile sure as hell isn't good in any sense of the word.

Jawmuncher

Also once jumped out of it in high-speed and it slid to the side and hit two dudes without zappin' em! :p

But man, overall, the batmobile is fucking janky. If someone can't find any faults with the game, then... They don't like good vehicles in games, because the batmobile sure as hell isn't good in any sense of the word.

Bat mobile sounds as worthless as the Mako.

dex3108

For me Batmobile is good in arena AR challenges. but on the street it is meh.

Backlogger

I'm not sure they could have done the Batmobile in a way that people wouldn't complain about it. They could have done something along the lines of Driver San Francisco where people always seem to be able to jump out of the way at the last moment. It seems like unless you somehow confined the driving area or put it on rails I don't see how it would work seamlessly within the Batman universe.

Maniac

Banned
For me Batmobile is good in arena AR challenges. but on the street it is meh.

Not really touched those, however I do know that the Riddler races is some of the worst shoe-horned driving / racing shit I've played in years.
Bat mobile sounds as worthless as the Mako.
It basically is, although there is some fun to be had, as opposed to the No-Fun-Allowed Mako. And as with the Mako, it could have been quite nice, and certainly has a very nice visual design. :p

dex3108

Not really touched those, however I do know that the Riddler races is some of the worst shoe-horned driving / racing shit I've played in years.It basically is, although there is some fun to be had, as opposed to the No-Fun-Allowed Mako. And as with the Mako, it could have been quite nice, and certainly has a very nice visual design. :p

This is my gameplay and it is really intense and you need to be precise and watch for incoming missiles but it is in closed space. No stupid chasing etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIfUrC41tJ0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom