• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say Elberm Mountains was a pretty irritating area in Ys: Oath in Felghana. Has really long stretches without a save point and a very overly complicated confusing layout for a map where you can constantly fall down multiple levels on ice paths. With no mini-map.

Anyone, so far Oath isn't bad or anything I'm enjoying it but I liked Origin significantly more. Hugo the arrogant jerk was a nice change of pace from generic fantasy heroes (like Adol), and the supporting cast was much more interesting. The tower structure kept the pace up better and I generally liked the level design more. Bosses are pretty comparable.

Maybe Oath finishes strong though. How does Ark of Napishtim compare?

Elberm mountains wasn't an issue for me. I died a lot in the beginning, but that was all.

Yeah, i enjoyed Origin more too, especially due to the variable playstyles, but Hugo was the least fun to play with. THE CLAW was the most fun to play with. Oh yes, Oath does finish quite strongly. The final area is one awesome ride after another.

You should try playing it with voices though, it'll enhance the experience if you already aren't.

I enjoyed Ark of Napishtim. It's the father of the OiF and Origin battle system, so it is rough and the grinding is terrible, but the lore was great, and connects with all the past games. Jump-dash attack can take some time to get used to and is important for some platforming tasks.

Some boss fights could've been done better in Ark, but the fight against...'him' makes up for it. One of the best boss fights for me.

Accoun

Here we go, the last 8 keys for GAF for the Close Your Eyes giveaway stuff.

header.jpg

Close Your Eyes steam page

Thanks, it actually unlocks on my birthday. :)

iosefe

yea? I'll give it a try. maybe i can finally beat the mgs collection

also once it's paired, you can use it wirelessly.

though sometimes it messes up if it isn't the controller you use to turn on the PS3. so what i do is, i pair using USB, turn off ps3, then hit PS button on DS4

also, it's worth noting that there are DS4 issues with the MGS collection

also once it's paired, you can use it wirelessly.

though sometimes it messes up if it isn't the controller you use to turn on the PS3. so what i do is, i pair using USB, turn off ps3, then hit PS button on DS4

also, it's worth noting that there are DS4 issues with the MGS collection

... why the one game i want to play with it tho? fuck you iosefe :mad: you killed the dream

Werd

Yeah, i enjoyed Origin more too, especially due to the variable playstyles, but Hugo was the least fun to play with. THE CLAW was the most fun to play with. Oh yes, Oath does finish quite strongly. The final area is one awesome ride after another.

You should try playing it with voices though, it'll enhance the experience if you already aren't.

I did Hugo first just since I knew Oath was melee based so I figured I'd get the variety in case I didn't play it multiple times. I thought he was pretty fun, but definitely want to go through as claw sometime, I tried out the first hour or so just to see how the viewpoint shift was handled which seemed well done.

I knew there were voices in the PSP version but didn't know you could get them on PC, I'll see if I can get that setup at least for the rest of this play through.

The description of Ark doesn't put me in a rush to play it (passed since it was "only" 50% off), but I'll definitely get it at some point.

ExoSoul

Banned
Link becomes a transgender woman - woo gender equality / a transgender? how bold and forward-thinking

Link gets sexualised
which he already gets and funny enough as a woman
- boo! what about gender equality?! / how chauvinistic and so old-fashioned

derExperte

Got my Supreme League of Patriots in the mail.

Also if you're playing Batman AK on PS4 here's a key for a costume: LQP8-BMNB-6LT9

I did Hugo first just since I knew Oath was melee based so I figured I'd get the variety in case I didn't play it multiple times. I thought he was pretty fun, but definitely want to go through as claw sometime, I tried out the first hour or so just to see how the viewpoint shift was handled which seemed well done.

I knew there were voices in the PSP version but didn't know you could get them on PC, I'll see if I can get that setup at least for the rest of this play through.

The description of Ark doesn't put me in a rush to play it (passed since it was "only" 50% off), but I'll definitely get it at some point.
Yeah, I get that haha. I did Hugo first too, myself.
Her death was sad ;_;
Yeah, Origin handled the characters reaally well! The bonus content in the game is a lot too, and you can even unlock
Oath and Ark Adol

I'll PM you the link to the files.

Sure, do give it a chance! :)

you have a point! .... only I can't stop playing Castaway Paradise now, there is one fish I never caught, it drives me crazy, I just have to catch it.

I totally understand this, some games I want to 100% and I feel if I ever stop playing while I'm motivated I'll never go back to complete it.

You want Stump to die? Cause that's what'll happen if he goes against the owner. :p

He should just use Modbot to lock the thread.

I enjoyed Ark of Napishtim. It's the father of the OiF and Origin battle system, so it is rough and the grinding is terrible, but the lore was great, and connects with all the past games. Jump-dash attack can take some time to get used to and is important for some platforming tasks.

Some boss fights could've been done better in Ark, but the fight against...'him' makes up for it. One of the best boss fights for me.

Ark feels the worst to me from all the 3d Ys Games. It was the first 3d game IIRC and you can kinda feel it. Everything feels kinda clunky and barebones.

eyeless

Link becomes a transgender woman - woo gender equality / a transgender? how bold and forward-thinking

Link gets sexualised
which he already gets and funny enough as a woman
- boo! what about gender equality?! / how chauvinistic and so old-fashioned
what the hell are you talkin about

who ya talkin to

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just downloaded Final Fantasy Record Keeper...welp. See you guys.

I've been playing daily since launch. It's a great game and works well in my current time restraints where I may only have 5-10 minutes to game.

I wish all the Ys games were remade to play like celceta. That game was great.

Celceta will always have a special place in my heart. It was my first entry into the series and I loved almost everything about it! Heck, it was the first game I ever was driven enough to get 100% trophies.

Also, Karna!

Btw, you should play Ys Seven if you haven't!

Jawmuncher

That's one hell of a mobile typo
Celceta will always have a special place in my heart. It was my first entry into the series and I loved almost everything about it! Heck, it was the first game I ever was driven enough to get 100% trophies.

Also, Karna!

Btw, you should play Ys Seven if you haven't!

Ys Celceta was my first and only Ys so far. Tried Ys I&II I tried but they were too old for me. Have the rest waiting to try.

Jawmuncher

Not yet, I intend to when I return and finish up some overdue games that need to be completed!

Celceta takes cue from Seven, akin to Oath and Origin. You'll definitely enjoy it! :)
Sounds good. Only reason I didn't buy the newest on the summer sale was because I figured I should play the others first.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Remember that time Jawmuncher's tag didn't link to bish's twitter account? Neither do I!

denzel-smokinglwb8a.gif

Or something. I don't get it. ColFal has been solid as far as True Detective is concerned, right? Talk about a tough act to follow. Stuff.

Jawmuncher

Remember that time Jawmuncher's tag didn't link to bish's twitter account? Neither do I!

denzel-smokinglwb8a.gif

Or something. I don't get it. ColFal has a solid god as far as True Detective is concerned, right? Talk about a tough act to follow. Stuff.

Dino Bros for life. I originally got the tag just because of all of my threads being Dino related . Why Bish decided it needed to link to his Twitter? My guess must have just been to make sure everyone knew who gave it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom