• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

yeah corpekata just told me. i had no clue, mind = blown.

but honestly what's the point of having an ip if you don't even use them

At least they aren't just sitting on them, they licensed them out to good companies who have made good games. I'm sure JaseC could give you a ton of examples of companies sitting on licenses and doing nothing with them at all.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Impressions after 3 matches as survivor from Dead By Daylight Beta.

The gameplay is pretty simple to grasp and the cooperation of the teammates is pretty damn important if you want to get your shit done. The player as the killer doesnt play around can leave you incapacitated in 2 hits. You can escape the hook or your partners can save you. Overall pretty fun even if I didnt survive a single match. (So close to completing the objective in the first run tho)

Visually the game looks nice, the atmosphere is dead and there is tons of tension once you see the killer running behind your ass or grabbing someone near you. The only worry I have since its online focus how will the life of the game be a few months after launch.

EDIT: Will post later more once I play as the killer.

Saty

Facebook Games: "We're everywhere"

He points particularly to Facebook's recent work with Riot and League Of Legends and the simple ability to log into your PlayStation 4 with Facebook and share screenshots and video directly to your Facebook news feed.

League Of Legends saw 4 million players connect their League of Legends account to their Facebook accounts, which resulted in 15 million new friend connections.

Facebook also shared some stats with GamesIndustry.biz: over 550 million people play games that are connected with Facebook every month on desktop, mobile and console and more than 30 million people have connected their Facebook account to either PSN or Xbox Live

On the development side, it says developers earned over $2.5 billion on Facebook's web platform in 2015 and 15 per cent of time spent on Facebook.com is gaming.

More at link.

data

They're finally adding controller support to Terarria on PC. Hope the Prison Architect devs follow suit

Arthea

Indeed. I'm eying stuff like The Witness, Lisa, Mordeheim, and Soma this time around, but I'm skeptical of myself being able to afford more than two of those games this month.

with the way sales are going now, I don't expect any discounts on newer games, and that's most games on my enormous wishlist.
But few surprises still can happen. I'm also very unhappy about not being able to sell summer sale cards, that plain sucks!

Humble bundle sucks this week. Would have preferred a repeat.

It certainly doesn't suck, unless you hate good games
and it's like 100000 times better than any repeat could be

And probably maybe want like 2 games.

which ones?

oipic

Humble bundle sucks this week. Would have preferred a repeat.

Conversely, I have rarely snapped up a BTA-tier so promptly as I did with this one, with no hesitation - one of the better Humble Bundles of recent times, I reckon. Mileage obviously varies with gaming tastes, but here's to diversity in our beloved medium.

(bit of a bummer that there are no additional goodies to be added in the second week, though)

Arthea

Conversely, I have rarely snapped up a BTA-tier so promptly as I did with this one, with no hesitation - one of the better Humble Bundles of recent times, I reckon. Mileage obviously varies with gaming tastes, but here's to diversity in our beloved medium.

(bit of a bummer that there are no additional goodies to be added in the second week, though)

as I see it, humble just made weekly bundles last two weeks and be not regular, because we had several bundles without second week additions already.
I blame monthly bundles

kevin1025

Banned
Impressions after 3 matches as survivor from Dead By Daylight Beta.

The gameplay is pretty simple to grasp and the cooperation of the teammates is pretty damn important if you want to get your shit done. The player as the killer doesnt play around can leave you incapacitated in 2 hits. You can escape the hook or your partners can save you. Overall pretty fun even if I didnt survive a single match. (So close to completing the objective in the first run tho)

Visually the game looks nice, the atmosphere is dead and there is tons of tension once you see the killer running behind your ass or grabbing someone near you. The only worry I have since its online focus how will the life of the game be a few months after launch.

EDIT: Will post later more once I play as the killer.

If they keep a healthy stream of content going, maybe have different maps and killers based on (but not licensed) horror themes, this could be something I'd play an awful lot of.

Tellaerin

By far the most recent franchise with so much potential, yet they keep squandering it. Where is my serious tone about the ramifications of genetically made human hybrids which are treated as slaves.

Cheer up, man. I'm sure there's an audience for Blade Runner: Catgirl Edition out there somewhere.

Hey look, finally some quality videogame. Took the Game Industry long enough.

What's Gamindustri got to do with this? I see no Nep-Nep in that picture. >.>

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If they keep a healthy stream of content going, maybe have different maps and killers based on (but not licensed) horror themes, this could be something I'd play an awful lot of.

I hope they give it as much support as they can cause the game is pretty solid.

Ozium

I played some Dead by Daylight beta and it's pretty cool.. I've only played 3 games, all as a survivor.. it's pretty intense, the sound design is really good and the procedurally generated levels seem decent so far and the three times I played the maps were fairly different outside of the setting.

The one thing I wish it had was a text chat system for the survivors to communicate...

I'll have to check out playing as the killer in a bit..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If anyone wants to try and get a Dead by Daylight beta key, can try at this website: http://beta.deadbydaylight.com/

It is a fake DNS page, just refresh on occasion, it has specific times it opens up 'slots' and will instead bring up a page for your email, age verification, and will send you a beta key.

I played some Dead by Daylight beta and it's pretty cool.. I've only played 3 games, all as a survivor.. it's pretty intense, the sound design is really good and the procedurally generated levels seem decent so far and the three times I played the maps were fairly different outside of the setting.

The one thing I wish it had was a text chat system for the survivors to communicate...

I'll have to check out playing as the killer in a bit..

Be doing some GAF based played later tonight, I know.

As I said in the topic about the game, they plan if the game does well to release all future killers, maps, and the like for free, and also future different game modes. Their goal on release was to have four survivors, three killers, 12 maps (in 3 regions), randomization, and the basic game mode with private and public lobbies.

Belgarion

i think the gta thing might be just the game not loading while you alt tab cos i just tried it again without alt tabbing and it only took 30s

weird

dumb

well i'd need a vga -> hdmi thing i think

is that a thing?

It also doesn't load the online mode while you're in the Steam Overlay, which is stupid.

Happened to me even using overlay, until I found this: Settings -> Graphics -> Pause Game on Focus Loss. Set that to Off and it will make the game still run even when alt tabbed.

Going back to Witcher 3 since October when I finished the game... holy crap, it's like an entirely new game! I'm really liking the new inventory and am so excited to play both DLCs

Regginator

At least they aren't just sitting on them, they licensed them out to good companies who have made good games. I'm sure JaseC could give you a ton of examples of companies sitting on licenses and doing nothing with them at all.

of course, and i appreciate that they did it since the shadowrun games have renewed my love for crps, but it just strikes me as odd. you´d thinking selling it would be the preferable option, assuming of course that harebrained would be interested in such a thing and have the necessary funds. same with battletech.

of course, and i appreciate that they did it since the shadowrun games have renewed my love for crps, but it just strikes me as odd. you´d thinking selling it would be the preferable option, assuming of course that harebrained would be interested in such a thing and have the necessary funds. same with battletech.

Microsoft probably stands to make more money from licensing the IP out than selling it. I mean, Harebrained Schemes aren't the only dev with the Shadowrun license right now.

we should bet on when there will be a very first great VR game released if in our lifetime at all
I'd say 2050 sounds about right

That doesn't feel like a tech demo or a mini game? I don't know I feel like we will get one soon but, who knows what it will be.

Regginator

Microsoft probably stands to make more money from licensing the IP out than selling it. I mean, Harebrained Schemes aren't the only dev with the Shadowrun license right now.

they only have the rights to the shadowrun videogames though? the rights to everything else (e.g. p&p boardgames, merchandising, etc.) lies elsewhere

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1226196
BGA_SSD_Main_2_2.jpg

I don't know any of these words.

I'll stick to biology.

Eila

Did you guys actually refresh the web with f5 or just click on the fake interface refresh button? I have had no luck, although admitedly I gave up after like 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom