• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

Prince of Persia 2008 doesn't seem to have Uplay? I just finished it on 360, but I'll definitely want to replay it at some point since I really enjoyed the main game (the dlc was fucking awful, though). It's a beautiful game already, so I'd love to see it on a decent system.

Get MG:R right now on Amazon (50% off) or wait for the summer sale? I'm not that strong, already bought enemy within right now.

It's a good price, so if you'll play it before the Summer Sale go for it.

ArynCrinn

Banned
I'm having so much fun playing Killer is Dead until this boss shows up.

Playing on hard and....
fmClohG.jpg

I'm honestly not impressed at all with Killer is Dead, really wanna see Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes 1 & 2 on Steam! Preferably with a fan made patch for using the Wiimote for NMH on PC. That would be cool. Same would be true of The Typing of the Dead, light-gun aiming > mouse aiming in HOTD!

You can't share Love? That's so ironic.

Yeah, it's a wonderful world.

Tellaerin

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be rad if Croteam took the dev duty on Sexy Beach but made it an episodic series consisting of 54 parts each a +1 to our library ? I think SteamGAF would implode. We would need medical assistance ASAP.

"Guys, guys... when we said this game was supposed to be 'filled with sexy bombshells', we did not mean hordes of women that run at the player screaming and explode on contact!"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Prince of Persia 2008 doesn't seem to have Uplay? I just finished it on 360, but I'll definitely want to replay it at some point since I really enjoyed the main game (the dlc was fucking awful, though). It's a beautiful game already, so I'd love to see it on a decent system.

uplay post-dates PoP 2008 (ACII is the first game that uses uplay branding at all, but I'm not sure what the PC client situation is) although IIRC it does have some weird account registration thing that you can use to get an Altair skin or some dumb crap you don't want. The Epilogue DLC was never released on PC.

didamangi

I'm honestly not impressed at all with Killer is Dead, really wanna see Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes 1 & 2 on Steam! Preferably with a fan made patch for using the Wiimote for NMH on PC. That would be cool. Same would be true f The Typing of the Dead, light-gun aiming > mouse aiming in HOTD!

It's not mind blowing or anything but I really like the game so far, combat is fun even though it took me a few chapters in to get a feel to it playing on hard (The sticky face buttons on my Logitech F710 doesn't help either).

Storyline is absurd and all over the place but I've heard it's to be expected until you finished it to get the whole picture.

Major gripe is the port itself, changing the frame rate above 30 makes the game inconsistent, like the damage bar on enemies sometimes won't go down, the dodge counter attack combos sometimes misses the target and you just slash thin air 100 times, also the Mika revive mechanics bugs out sometimes even after I changed the ini files. I'm playing through it in 60 fps though since playing it on 30 fps just makes my head hurts, literally.

And yeah, Shadows of the Damned on PC would be really sweet and a day 1 purchase.

Shepard

Go for it.

It's unlikely to see a higher discount. In fact, larger publishers tend to discount by less on Steam since the sheer size of its userbase means they get away with it.

I'm waiting for 75% and I would bet it gets that low during summer sale. But then I played it already on PS3 so I'm in no hurry.

It's a good price, so if you'll play it before the Summer Sale go for it.

Never played it on the PS3, so.. bought. Thanks.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly not impressed at all with Killer is Dead, really wanna see Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes 1 & 2 on Steam! Preferably with a fan made patch for using the Wiimote for NMH on PC. That would be cool. Same would be true of The Typing of the Dead, light-gun aiming > mouse aiming in HOTD!

As long as the NMH ports aren't botched, I'd buy both again. They're some of Suda51's best work.

rtcn63

Shadows of the Damned is like half of a budget game. The third-person shooting portions are good, and there's even a fun
Evil Dead
reference, but much of the content is side-scrolling shooter levels and a crappy big boner minigame that also goes on for too long.

No More Heroes is just clunky. Navigating the open world, combat, etc. There is a sort of charm, though the plaftforming sections in the second game are total shit. Stopped playing at that point.

derExperte

Shadows of the Damned is like half of a budget game. The third-person shooting portions are good, and there's even a fun
Evil Dead
reference, but much of the content is side-scrolling shooter levels and a crappy big boner minigame that also goes on for too long.

I think you're misremembering, the 3rd person stuff makes up the majority of the playtime by far and the other levels are a neat distraction imo. Big boner only got annoying during consecutive playthroughs, as did the unskippable cutscenes.

rtcn63

Maybe. But I did feel there were too few third-person levels, and being bombarded with the other stuff (particularly in the second half), just gave me blue balls.

squadr0n

I have a question for everyone here. Are there any games that are either first person shooters or third person shooters that have base building/tower defense style mechanics. Kinda like what Epic Games' Fortnite looks to be. Im looking for something like Minecraft where you have to build a base for nite time but during the day you go explore and scavenge. State of Decay looks like it could possibly be what im looking for but im still not sure its what i want. Does anyone know if state of decay has turrets or defense options you can build to fortify your base?

Another good example would be Iron Brigade on XBLA or whatever its called now from DoubleFine. I mean how has no one made a zombie game yet where you have to build a base and each day you can fortify it, make defenses for it, and go hunting for food. All this during the zombie apocalypse would make for one hell of a great game. How has this not been made yet lol, i cant be the only one that wants something like this and Fortnite doesn't look like its going to be all that deep.

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

skyborn -- MB-CA8A1461299C1D15 - Taken by Casimir

humble link

ArynCrinn

Banned
Evil Dead

No More Heroes is just clunky. Navigating the open world, combat, etc. There is a sort of charm, though the plaftforming sections in the second game are total shit. Stopped playing at that point.

Yeah, def not the greatest games ever. But if I had my pick of any Suda games on Steam I'd be Killer 7, NMH1/2, and SoTD, not Killer Is Dead imo.

Personally, the BEST games they could release on Steam with extra's, maybe just achievements or cards, would be imo:

-Ultima Underworld 1 & 2
-Planescape Torment
-The Journeyman Project trilogy

I'd buy those in a heartbeat!

I have a question for everyone here. Are there any games that are either first person shooters or third person shooters that have base building/tower defense style mechanics. Kinda like what Epic Games' Fortnite looks to be. Im looking for something like Minecraft where you have to build a base for nite time but during the day you go explore and scavenge. State of Decay looks like it could possibly be what im looking for but im still not sure its what i want. Does anyone know if state of decay has turrets or defense options you can build to fortify your base?

Another good example would be Iron Brigade on XBLA or whatever its called now from DoubleFine. I mean how has no one made a zombie game yet where you have to build a base and each day you can fortify it, make defenses for it, and go hunting for food. All this during the zombie apocalypse would make for one hell of a great game. How has this not been made yet lol, i cant be the only one that wants something like this and Fortnite doesn't look like its going to be all that deep.

Sanctum 1 and 2?

inm8num2

They really have to improve the game list management. I wish categories would work more like tags, to be able to have game into multiple categories.

That would be nice.

Separate "libraries" would be cool, too, so you could make different lists instead of having just one with categories.

didamangi

Success!
Figured out her pattern and she's not so hard after all.

Evil Dead

I think you're misremembering, the 3rd person stuff makes up the majority of the playtime by far and the other levels are a neat distraction imo. Big boner only got annoying during consecutive playthroughs, as did the unskippable cutscenes.

Yeah, def not the greatest games ever. But if I had my pick of any Suda games on Steam I'd be Killer 7, NMH1/2, and SoTD, not Killer Is Dead imo.

How would you guys rate KiD against other SUDA51 games? KiD is my first experience with their games and now I'd really like to see their other games on Steam now. Especially Shadows of the Damned, this Gamespot review really sold me on it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont care but that picture seems very spoilerific and some peple DO care

MUnited83

For you.
It's a game called Killer is Dead. There are bosses, and those bosses are killed. I don't see why a image of a dead boss is spoilerific.

The_Monk

I just finished Episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us.

It started a bit slow and there was not much action, still it was nice. As always, I wish each episode could be a little longer. 2 Hours at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a game called Killer is Dead. There are bosses, and those bosses are killed. I don't see why a image of a dead boss is spoilerific.

like I said I dont care, but ive seen people on Gaf cry about SPELL spoilers (as in, X game has a frost bolt spell for example) so I just thought he should pre-empt any drama, thats all

hell I remember people upset because someone spoiled Diablo was the last boss of Diablo 3

Tizoc

I'm having so much fun playing Killer is Dead until this boss shows up.

Playing on hard and....
fmClohG.jpg

Do NOT play on Hard. Always start on Normal to get a better feel for the game since you require more abilities to help make the harder playthroughs less tedious. Focus on Maxing out your main gun and Getting Gekko Extreme (bottom right-most upgrade, max it out).

That boss is a pain but its pattern is rather simple:
If you damage a 'ghost' the game will switch to that ghost's perspective, keep attacking it and time your dodges. Try to focus on one clone at a time and utilize the forward dash, then attack move

You can get the 'Beat the game on Hard' cheevo by replaying all the main levels on Hard, etc.

EDIT: Ah I see you already beat that one haha, the next boss (Chapter 6 I believe) is gonna be more annoying, one tip I can recommend is to time your dodges and always dodge back/away from the boss

didamangi

Is there a bundle with Sniper Ghost Warrior 2?

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/vendetta-bundle/

beaten as always

Do NOT play on Hard. Always start on Normal to get a better feel for the game since you require more abilities to help make the harder playthroughs less tedious. Focus on Maxing out your main gun and Getting Gekko Extreme (bottom right-most upgrade, max it out).

That boss is a pain but its pattern is rather simple:
If you damage a 'ghost' the game will switch to that ghost's perspective, keep attacking it and time your dodges. Try to focus on one clone at a time and utilize the forward dash, then attack move

You can get the 'Beat the game on Hard' cheevo by replaying all the main levels on Hard, etc.

EDIT: Ah I see you already beat that one haha, the next boss (Chapter 6 I believe) is gonna be more annoying, one tip I can recommend is to time your dodges and always dodge back/away from the boss

I dunno, hard is doable so far and the game gives you generous revive tickets and checkpoints as well. The boss turns out to be easy if
you don't hit the ghost, that first person view just screws me over. I waited for them to form the triangle of doom and just hit one of them repeatedly, rinse and repeat. Minimal damage :)

oipic

Any idea when the new Groupees BM bundle will be up?

Jonny Cappuccino (on the Groupees message board thingy) has suggested that Funcom are 'off for the weekend', so it'll likely be Monday at the earliest before they sort out their little key mishap.

Edit: and two tiers confirmed (3 games in the first, 5 in the second).

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Witcher 2 is incredibly boring. It's very linear. Not my cup of tea.

Grief.exe

How hard or time consuming are the DmC 2013 cheevos? It's part of the Playfire rewards for the next 5 days.

As usual with Devil May Cry games, the achievements are based on beating the game multiple times at different difficulty levels.

Therw is one difficulty level where you die if you get hit once.

Witcher 2 is incredibly boring. It's very linear. Not my cup of tea.

The first areas in CD Project games are always incredibly boring. I hope they fix that for Witcher 3.

I don't think Witcher 2 gets good until you leave Flotsom.

He is right though. Both the first Witcher and Witcher 2 can be pretty boring during the first chapter.

I had to play the first Witcher over the course of 14 months until I completed it (always stoping during a boring section of the game to come back months later to continue). The last couple chapters of the game is where the game gets really interesting and I could play them in one session.

Have stopped during the second chapter in Witcher 2. Don't know when I will continue.

Anteater

Fuck that combat. I know many (most) get past it, but I just found it all obtuse and well, not fun. Haven't tried the rebalance mod, but I read its still iffy as muffins.

My friend told me rebalance mod just makes it a lot easier because the AIs can't really keep up to the changes even on the hardest difficulty, and aren't balanced around it, I didn't really care so I just blast through it on normal just to get through the story, the combat isn't intrusive but you do fight a lot of the same stuff and nothing particular with the combat stands out, it pretty much makes it into a weird and boring hack and slash.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm prolly the only one that really liked the first chapter (not the prologue) of witcha 1

i just love the really grim "eastern european" fucked-up middle ages rural atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom