• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
disgust-gif.29066

Yeah? Go on...

Metro Last Light Complete- 10$
Metro Last Light Redux with 50% discount- 12.5$
Total:22.5$

Metro Last Light Redux:25$

:p

Must be priced differently in your country then.

Should have been 75%off. Might still bite, however.

I could swear the discount for non-traders was a lot more during the humble store sale a week or two ago.

Metro Last Light Complete- 10$
Metro Last Light Redux with 50% discount- 12.5$
Total:22.5$

Metro Last Light Redux:25$

:p

Wow, didn't realize Metro LL got a price drop to $20. At that rate, 50% isn't actually "Charles Barkley Turrrrrible".

--

Side note, what do you guys use to edit those shadowplay video files?

Also, how does the alt+f9 manual recording stuff work if it's automatically recording the last 5 minutes of gameplay perpetually?

GoOn_UPF12B_P.jpg

AKA
Chandler Bing

Heh.

My love for the Witcher series is deep, I loved it all the way through and thought the beginning was really fun, and good at explaining the world/story to the player.

I loved it too. I just had to lay it off multiple times because I got bored on it from time to time but I played through it and it was totally worth it. I already feel like that the second game won't grow on me as much as the first game.

Heh.

I loved it too. I just had to lay it off multiple times because I got bored on it from time to time but I played through it and it was totally worth it. I already feel like that the second game won't grown on me as much as the first game.

Well I personally like the second one significantly more than the first, but they are different style RPGs in my opinion, so I can definitely understand why you would say that.

Is it a 50% discount if you own either of the previous games, or more if you already have both? I never got around to playing them, but at least my penny investment into Last Light will pay off.

You will only get a discount for the Redux version whose orignal game you already own.
If you own 2033 you will get a discount for 2033 Redux.
If you own Last Light you will get a discount for Last Light Redux.
If you own both you will get a discount for the whole bundle.

was that tmnt game bad? I remember watching the videos and it didn't look so bad other than the annoying slow mo
It seems okay enough so far, except the character selection frustrations. To be fair, the camera doesn't seem to be the best and there's no anti-aliasing that I can find. For the price and what I expected, it's better than I thought it would be.

I'm playing through TW1 again right now but this time with mods. The combat rebalance is really cool, bring the appropriate oils and potions to the fight or die.
I'm also finding some sidequests I missed the first time.
The sound design in this game is so good, walking through the swamp at night with headphones... nothing else like it.
The atmosphere in these games always sucks me in, I never get tired of it. All the subtle details like the weather changing in real time, all the animals crawling around, etc. All this combined with the incredible music... the first one just nailed the atmosphere incredibly well, it really sells that rural, medieval feel.
In my mind it's a lot like the first Mass Effect, not the most polished game by a long shot and even a bit clunky sometimes but there's this charm, this convincing way in which the world is presented, that just isn't there to the same degree in the sequels, though I do like TW2 more than TW1 overall.

I bought this for $3.74 from Gamestop's website (I know, I know...don't judge), and it's not letting me select which character I want for the first mission after the April tutorial. Is this normal? Is each mission specific to a certain Turtle or do other Turtles get unlocked as you play through the game?

header.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows/111555

You can hotswitch between turtles while playing, so no worries!

That's really not worth my time. If the dude wins, he can sort out re-gifting or re-raffling the code. If the dude doesn't win, no harm no foul.
Something similar happened to me. If the person wins, he can just PM the guy running the contest and explain the situation. It's easy enough to relist the game.

Anteater

It seems okay enough so far, except the character selection frustrations. To be fair, the camera doesn't seem to be the best and there's no anti-aliasing that I can find. For the price and what I expected, it's better than I thought it would be.

Average but the coop multiplayer is completely broken and there never was a patch.

ahh so it wasn't bad as a single player game, kind of a shame since I'd probably buy these games for coop, the ubi remake of turtles in time was horrible

You can hotswitch between turtles while playing, so no worries!
Thanks. How do you hotswitch? The game doesn't come with a PDF manual (do any of them anymore?), so I have no idea how to do it. The character selection bug (if it is a bug) isn't a good sign though. Still, for $3 and change, I'm pretty happy with the game.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
That's really not worth my time. If the dude wins, he can sort out re-gifting or re-raffling the code. If the dude doesn't win, no harm no foul.
Yeah now that you mention it, it'd be annoying as hell to field all those random PMs if everyone did that. I think I just got confused because you did that for someone before. whatever, just means that I need more caffeine

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Noir Syndrome key added to groupees retro 3
Manhunter key added to groupees build a bundle 5

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Noir Syndrome key added to groupees retro 3
Manhunter key added to groupees build a bundle 5

Awesome, got both. Thanks for the heads up!
Getting super close to 2,000!

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jagged Alliance 1: Gold Edition -- MB-E8EFE86C3A7A612A - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Litil Divil -- MB-7D3592FB720A8244 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-BAE1D540CE9C1E41 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-BCE85C7469CADC94 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Redshirt -- MB-556F5142B67E3A98 - Taken by SeZMehK. 2 entrants total.
Overcast -- MB-E1BDEEB60EB2F87A - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-FC7773F48723253A - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 1 entrants total.
Eschalon Book II -- MB-3AB772084AF6CA79 - Taken by Vastag. 1 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-8A30681767E429FA
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-9C967233D0D1B77D - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
Eschalon: Book I -- MB-4624CB626D334458 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-CC6E1EFE94D1E6D7 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 1 entrants total.
Mayhem Intergalactic -- MB-CC44E24A6F63E6CF - Taken by jshackles. 1 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-3014D9566FABCD63 - Taken by pupo. 1 entrants total.
A-Train 8 -- MB-919F25BC9B9068F8 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-765E4BE9BF5E10F5 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-7AE7A01BC7FD786D - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Ruler: Cold War -- MB-506FC211EFBF63CF - Taken by nature boy. 1 entrants total.
A New Beginning -- MB-955294374E5A1658 - Taken by Gangxxter. 2 entrants total.
Escape Goat -- MB-CAD22137CB46249B - Taken by Li Kao. 4 entrants total.

t1401560671z1.png

Grief.exe

Thanks. How do you hotswitch? The game doesn't come with a PDF manual (do any of them anymore?), so I have no idea how to do it. The character selection bug (if it is a bug) isn't a good sign though. Still, for $3 and change, I'm pretty happy with the game.

Assuredly the game will walk you through that option as you play through the level. Otherwise, just check out the key bindings menu or use Google.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Manhunter was a decent flick

manhunter-gif.gif

I watched it this week. Really beautiful direction on Mann's part, excellent use of colour, strong visual design throughout the film. Great score and use of licensed musics. Excellent performances by William Petersen as Will Graham and Tom Noonan as Francis Dollarhyde (a disturbing yet empathy-engendering performance); Brian Cox's brief role as Hannibal Lecter is also strong. Some very iconic shots--I especially loved Graham falling asleep while looking at crime scene photos on a plane and waking up to a kid next to him freaking the hell out at the gore--and the climactic fight sequence is great. If there's a weakness, it's that the central investigation itself is not very interesting, it's a lot of point A to point B stuff.

Any time I watch a film I try to read up on the production of the film and this film had a bounty of interesting stories. Tom Noonan stayed in character the whole filming, which apparently made everyone on set creeped out, and refuse to meet William Petersen until they filmed the final fight sequence together. Mann couldn't get a permit or budget to shoot on a plane, so they flew commercially and filmed the scene guerilla in the middle of an actual commercial flight and handed out merch so no one would complain. The choppy nature of the final fight scene was because they filmed it through multiple cameras at different framerates and mashed all the footage together. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida plays over the final fight scene because Mann wrote letters to an imprisoned murderer who stalked and killed a woman and felt In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida was their song. Petersen had post-traumatic stress after filming the movie and felt like his character swallowed him whole.

In a lot of ways the portrayals in this film led to popular TV tropes about the portrayal of killers and cops in subsequent cob and investigation shows. So many little visual or behavioural cues felt familiar to me as I watched the film, but they were familiar to me from things that came far later.

I whole-heartedly recommend the film, especially to anyone who liked the subsequent adaptations of the Hannibal Lecter novels (like Silence of the Lambs, or the currently-airing Hannibal show, both of which I also recommend).

rtcn63

Wire in the Blood, particularly in the later seasons, reminds me of Hannibal at times. The main character (played by Robson Green, who also starred in the pseudo-prequel Touching Evil) sometimes loses himself while trying to "recreate" murder scenes.

Assuredly the game will walk you through that option as you play through the level. Otherwise, just check out the key bindings menu or use Google.
I think you're overestimating this game. :) But no worries, I figured it out. You press down on the d-pad. Still weird that the character select function between missions is borked, but at least it works in-mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom