• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Which is ironic as next month is will be Steam | July 2014 - RIP GFWL

thats-the-joke.gif

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is there any way to trick the geforce experience or something to make the other features work with a 560ti? Or do I need a 600+ card no exceptions?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I will. For a week. ;) I wanted to use this, but I couldn't find a re-host of the original file and $39 isn't exactly impulse buy territory.
Only because it doesn't have cards or something :p
That's a funny face though XD

it's a pretty decent monitor, been using samsungs for a long time (at one point had this one plus a 21" but my brother's broke so i donated my spare T_T), they're pretty and work ok so i like em. they kinda have issues with photoshop for some reason but it's not that bad

i'd like to have a second monitor again, it was pretty cool

also

that sounds kind of gross
Decent is the correct work, it was kinda cheap too :p
The photoshop thing might be because the colour reproduction is kinda crappy, if you are doing some design I'd say an IPS monitor is a must.
Also,
yes it does

Which is why it should be the other way around:
Steam | June 2014 - GFWL is dead
Steam | July 2014 - Long live GFWL

To be fair, these should be the July/August pair instead

Tizoc

I'll repost this in the new thread when it's up
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skyborn -- MB-F27E7CCB87F94FE6
To the moon -- MB-E89150443B96CABF

t1401656180z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If Monday comes and goes without a formal announcement from Microsoft regarding GFWL's death, I think we can safely assume it's been postponed.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
All I really want is for Double Fine to rip GFWL out of Iron Brigade and stick in Steamworks support so I can keep playing that with my pals. Still waiting on Microsoft to give them "permission" to do so.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Success!
Figured out her pattern and she's not so hard after all.

How would you guys rate KiD against other SUDA51 games? KiD is my first experience with their games and now I'd really like to see their other games on Steam now. Especially Shadows of the Damned, this Gamespot review really sold me on it.

Imo, Killer 7 was the best. NMH had a great charm and artstyle about it and it played to the Wiimote's strengths well, I consider SoTD one of the most original and funniest TPS of last gen, also best shooting mechanics aside from Vanquish (Mikami was Exec Producer sooo...), guns all felt good to use and had great upgrades and really original organic feeling to a lot of them. Although the Big Boner sequence was pretty dumb. Plus, the OST to Shadows of the Damned was just awesome! All music by the Silent Hill composer.

This trailer sold me! = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW4eVczkGoM

zkylon

zkylewd
Decent is the correct work, it was kinda cheap too :p
The photoshop thing might be because the colour reproduction is kinda crappy, if you are doing some design I'd say an IPS monitor is a must.
Also,
yes it does

yea actually i bought mine used from a coworker that had bought the monitor and like an laptop immediately after so he wasn't using it at all.

i got it really really cheap

JaseC

Only because it doesn't have cards or something :p
That's a funny face though XD

Haha, yeah, unfortunately I have a hard time parting with $39 if the money is not going to go towards increase my game count. ;)

Edit: A couple of Photoshoppers among us have PM'd me their efforts. <3 I have to stick with this avatar for now, though -- them's the rules.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
All I really want is for Double Fine to rip GFWL out of Iron Brigade and stick in Steamworks support so I can keep playing that with my pals. Still waiting on Microsoft to give them "permission" to do so.
Gfwl was so glitchy in that game for my friends and I. I would definitely give it another shot with steamworks especially since I want to 100% all DF achievements.

Arthea

I know I'm late to the party and the title was chosen already, but dunno how we missed such an opportunity

Steam | June 2014 - please confirm that you indeed reside on gaf

I hope you'll get references, both of them

ArynCrinn

Banned
And seriously, what the hell is the hold up on moving DkS1 off GFWL with Steamworks and saves transfers? Everything else is getting it except the damn elephant in the room.

Also, Capcom, RE5! I don't wanna lose my damn DLC access.

Arthea

Hmm, I'm wondering... Endless Space, Warlock I, Civ 5 or Age of Wonders 3. Too.Many.Choices.

That's what I did last year, I thought I'll play them all (lol) and I bought them all (strategy games), I've played several hours of may be 5 or 6 of them, couple of months of Civ5 and haven't touched the rest. I could have bought only Civ 5 and be done with it.
Seriously, back in the day we were smart enough to stick to couple franchises, maybe 3 or 4 at most, but that was before steam. Steam defies common sense. (><)

edited: just a random thought
It might be that strategy genres aren't popular that much, because of required time investment. Now, when we get that many games each day, who wants to invest hundreds of hours in one?

Dr Dogg

Well Watch_Dogs isn't stuttering worse than Forest Gump it has some really nice atmosphere

http://a.pomf.se/xfkrew.webm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3b8ovwtp1uo/Uc776Sr2bTI/AAAAAAAANp4/fSHHrO0G6I0/s320/thats-the-joke.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

D'oh!

[quote="JaseC, post: 114186679"]If Monday comes and goes without a formal announcement from Microsoft regarding GFWL's death, I think we can safely assume it's been postponed.[/QUOTE]

Well I was browsing though the GFWL Ts&Cs the other day and there's no mention of a 30 day notice period like most services has so who knows if they'll pull the damp rug from under out feet. Can't say I'm going to be that bothered outside of Dark Souls and Dead Rising 2. Most of the other GFWL titles own are either getting switched over, had done so already or are single player or local co-op any how.

Arthea

So what about Bulletstorm? It's back but still GFWL? It's not in my region, and SSF4AE already is, as being not GFWL anymore.
Why would they bring it back, if it's unplayable, I don't get it? won't that make some negative fuss, after GFWL is dead finally, I mean?

JaseC

I know, but will I still be able to buy the DLC for the original game?

The only case I'm aware of where an original release was superseded but the DLC was left available for existing owners is... Settlers 7. If the original Metro releases are yanked from Steam then you'd likely have to quickly snap up the DLC from a different store.

So what about Bulletstorm? It's back but still GFWL? It's not in my region, and SSF4AE already is, as being not GFWL anymore.
Why would they bring it back, if it's unplayable, I don't get it? won't that make some negative fuss, after GFWL is dead finally, I mean?

Bulletstorm's sudden reappearance also leads me to believe that GFWL's shutdown date has been pushed back. Hopefully Sega follows suit so I can buy a copy of Stormrise that actually works. ;)

didamangi

They're porting it to be steamworks/origin/drm free surely.

Or what JaseC said.

Arthea

The only case I'm aware of where an original release was superseded but the DLC was left available for existing owners is... Settlers 7. If the original Metro releases are yanked from Steam then you'd likely have to quickly snap up the DLC from a different store.

Wait, do new versions include dlcs, perhaps? Because if not, dlcs still can be available, or not, or available but patched.
OK, I talked myself into the corner (><)

Bulletstorm's sudden reappearance also leads me to believe that GFWL's shutdown date has been pushed back. Hopefully Sega follows suit so I can buy a copy of Stormrise that actually works. ;)

Even if it's postponed, it can't be for long, can it?

Copons

I kinda made a huge mistake, launching Animal Crossing GC on Dolphin emulator
I own the original and I can provide pics of me licking the game box at request
. I've just finished tutorial-working for that goddamn loan shark Nook, and now I'm probably gonna uninstall Steam because FML

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I kinda made a huge mistake, launching Animal Crossing GC on Dolphin emulator
I own the original and I can provide pics of me licking the game box at request
. I've just finished tutorial-working for that goddamn loan shark Nook, and now I'm probably gonna uninstall Steam because FML

I request evidence of this box via licking.

Authority

Banned
I know it has been decided but for the fun of it.

STEAM | June 2014 - The file downgration could not be found.

STEAM June 2014 - Please contact Uplay. Thanks for playing!

JaseC

Wait, do new versions include dlcs, perhaps? Because if not, dlcs still can be available, or not, or available but patched.
OK, I talked myself into the corner (><)

Yeah, they do.

Even if it's postponed, it can't be for long, can it?

Impossible to say. I'd guess another six months (July 1st [i.e. middle of the year] -> December 31st [i.e. end of the year]), though.

Arthea

Yeah, they do.

Impossible to say. I'd guess another six months (July 1st -> December 31st), though.

Oh, I see. Now I wonder why I bought those dlcs in the first place!

aww, that's sorta bad, I want it to die that Ubi could see example how it's done
and I want it to die fast, it was too long already

You do realize that now we need pics, right?

I think he does, otherwise, why would he post that?

Play all of them at the same time!

kindly care to show how? I'm very much interested in learning that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom