• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. How do you hotswitch? The game doesn't come with a PDF manual (do any of them anymore?), so I have no idea how to do it. The character selection bug (if it is a bug) isn't a good sign though. Still, for $3 and change, I'm pretty happy with the game.

iirc you just need to select the turtle with the D-pad

edit: beaten

Vuze

Do you guys know if I can redeem the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance code from Amazon.com on my german Steam account? Not sure how to check if the game is region locked or anything.

Plus, is there a "middleman" thread for Amazon.com purchases as I don't have a credit card? Tempted to buy this game at that price.

Anteater

Another ShadowPlay question:
How do I record more than 5 minutes? Like a full Spelunky run?

either use manual or change the settings for shadow time

zKLTpqE.jpg

Evrain

Do you guys know if I can redeem the Metal Gear Rising Revengeance code from Amazon.com on my german Steam account? Not sure how to check if the game is region locked or anything.

Plus, is there a "middleman" thread for Amazon.com purchases as I don't have a credit card? Tempted to buy this game at that price.
Region free :) As per JaseC (*bows and chants*), MGR:R has no key locks

Dr Dogg

Manhunter has been sullied for me by the awful Red Dragon :(

Right then seeing there's hot talk of Rayman Legends and I'm a fool and own the game 3 times here's my take.

For obvious reason the PC version does look the best (has 2D backdrops and sprite but they scale nicely beyond 1920x1080) and the 3D models on some bosses really look nice.

If you actually just want to play the game the WiiU version hands down. Controls were designed around the Gamepad and even with the Murphy levels where you're switching screens it's all quite intuitive. Plus there's a few extra bits only in this version.

Lastly the Vita version is like a bridge between the two. Has better controls than the PC but is not quite as crisp (nice screen though) but not quite as fluid as the WiiU. Though it is portable which unless you want to lug a massive power pack for your WiiU it isn't going to happen.

Any way time to gawp at Watch_Dogs again. I've never been this indecisive about a game. It shouldn't have a day-night cycle as it looks meh durning the day and slick at night. The lighting in some areas is phenomenal.

Saty

Do i need to enable Vsync if i set the frame-rate limiter to 30 with Nvidia Inspector? Basically, what the difference between:

1. 30 fps limit; triple buffering on, vsync off in Inspector.
2. Vsync on + triple buffering using D3Doveride
3. Vsync on + Tripple buffering and no frame rate cap in Inspector.

--
thanks Kuroyume.

Lomax

Do i need to enable Vsync if i set the frame-rate limiter to 30 with Nvidia Inspector? Basically, what the difference between:

--
thanks Kuroyume.

Yeah, this confuses me as well. Like when I use MSI Afterburner to cap at 30 fps, if I use D3Doverider for triple buffering, is that actually doing anything?

Kaleinc

Banned

Yeah, this confuses me as well. Like when I use MSI Afterburner to cap at 30 fps, if I use D3Doverider for triple buffering, is that actually doing anything?
Triple buffering has no effect if vsync is off, fps limiter is mainly used to avoid gpu overheating/overload - like infamous starcraft 2 title screen 1000 fps burn to die crap before it was patched. Doesn't cause input lag but screen tearing is still there. Vsync - input lag, no tearing.

Saty

Triple buffering has no effect if vsync is off, fps limiter is mainly used to avoid gpu overheating/overload - like infamous starcraft 2 title screen 1000 fps burn to die crap before it was patched. Doesn't cause input lag but screen tearing is still there. Vsync - input lag, no tearing.

So what happens if i enable in Inspector vsync + 30fps limit + triple buffering?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
omg I used to have that exact boom box
12 years old and still rocking like new, I really love it.

finnish bands/10.
Yes, yes indeed (the Nightwish ticket is from their last concert in BsAs with Floor... it was the best and worst one I have ever been)

i cleaned up a bit but this is my shit, hasn't changed much from last time, still a board thingie stuck on a wall and lots of crazy wiring hanging around

ihq62fDa3QJL4.JPG

no fancy toys or anything but at least i have an origami x-wing :3

also i can't believe how bad my cellphone's camera is, jeez
Monitor bros!
Deodorant bros too lol

Ok, who is this now ? The people need to know.
You'll never be royal if you have to ask.

Got nothing on Yerba Mate.
My man!

That stuff scares me. >_< From the pictures I've seen, it looks like someone took a chunk of peat moss from a bog and boiled it. I'll stick with coffee, I think.
It's great, and far better than coffee. Just think of it as tea but the preparation is the other way around (lots of herbs and little water instead of a small amount of herbs and a lot of water)

Wouldn't know, never tried it. It was just too good to pass up an occasion to reminisce about some fun SteamGAF moments ^_^
Not my man anymore, such betrayal :(

What DMC and Gundam. This is the best.

tumblr_m7dnasfQTS1rphgdeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m7dnasfQTS1rphgdeo4_1280.jpg

Artwork by Yoji Shinkawa

Head over here if you want to Play it on PC - PCSX2
Nah, not really from what I have played.
The HD Collection is pretty great btw.

Yeah was just reading about it.

So we got the best mecha-MMO (Exteel) shutdown and the best mecha-game (ZoE; for me) will never get a third title.

Goddammit NCsoft and Kojima.
Best mecha game is the Gundam Vs series, by a gazillion miles.

Daily Metro Last Light 50% off
I'm tempted to get it simply because I do wonder if they'll pull them from the store once Redux gets released.

Keys are region-locked for a bunch of Asian territories, but, yeah, that's it.
Oh, nice avatar change!
Keep this one :D

either use manual or change the settings for shadow time

zKLTpqE.jpg

so how does manual work?
I'm assuming that it's automatically recording the last 5 minutes, much like PS4 does for the share function or whatever...

Every time I hit alt+f9 though, I get the busy mouse icon and then the game crashes... :[

Also, do you edit clips at all? If so, what do you use?

Authority

Banned
It has a 40 GB install and it's not currently on sale.
Otherwise, it's quite good and I really need to go back to it.

I did. Don't let the MMORPG label scares you, It's a really awesome RPG.

That's the new issue btw, which will open up a new area----Tokyo. Issues works like a new dlc contents. If you buy the Massive Edition on steam, you'll get Issue 1-7.

Thanks both of you for your answers.

Edit: Got it and thanks to that person.

zkylon

zkylewd
Monitor bros!
Deodorant bros too lol
it's a pretty decent monitor, been using samsungs for a long time (at one point had this one plus a 21" but my brother's broke so i donated my spare T_T), they're pretty and work ok so i like em. they kinda have issues with photoshop for some reason but it's not that bad

i'd like to have a second monitor again, it was pretty cool

also

that sounds kind of gross

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All this talk of the witcher makes me want to try and play it...again!

I can never get past Flotsam! I find it so dull :(

I'd like to play the original game again and opt for the Iorveth path in the sequel (I sided with Roche the first time through, though this was pre-EE), but I told myself I'd wait until 3 is around the corner. Assuming the February 2015 release date sticks I'll probably run through the games again during the Christmas holidays.

Levyne

Banned
New op in about 3 hours, still need a title.

"DON'T ask us about the Steam Summer sale (please)"

I'd like to play the original game again and opt for the Iorveth path in the sequel (I sided with Roche the first time through, though this was pre-EE), but I told myself I'd wait until 3 is around the corner. Assuming the February 2015 release date sticks I'll probably run through the games again during the Christmas holidays.

I think I plan on doing this too. I remember nothing about the game's lore/narrative or even the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom