• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm prolly the only one that really liked the first chapter (not the prologue) of witcha 1

i just love the really grim "eastern european" fucked-up middle ages rural atmosphere

I loved the setting too. The part where you negotiated the bounty for hunting down some echinops with that fat guy, all while drinking one vodka after another was just plain funny. You ended up fighting the echinops while you were drunk. That was probably the most hilarious moment in the entire game. I screamed out laughing when I had to kill the echinops while Geralt was shaking like a drunkard.

But the rest of the chapter was pretty uninteresting for me.

Oh I wish we can booze with other people and fight monsters while hammered in Witcher 3.

Turfster

witcher is todays choice for "lets shit on a popular series, everyone join in its fun" activities

But what he's saying is patently false.
Witcher 2 is one of the few games that has an entire middle arc that's different based on choices you made, and not just a "same quests with different people giving them" kind of different either, so to call it linear... does not compute.

Grief.exe

What DMC and Gundam. This is the best.

tumblr_m7dnasfQTS1rphgdeo4_1280.jpg

Artwork by Yoji Shinkawa

Head over here if you want to Play it on PC - PCSX2

The ZoE2 PS3 port is very good post-patch. 60 FPS and I believe 1080p.

ZoE1 HD, on the other hand, is not very good.

rtcn63

witcher is todays choice for "lets shit on a popular series, everyone join in its fun" activities

I tried, but I stopped at baldy at the end of the first chapter. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough, maybe at the meager age of 28, my testicles have still yet to drop and coddle me in the warmth of a true and dark reality.

Anteater

But what he's saying is patently false.
Witcher 2 is one of the few games that has an entire middle arc that's different based on choices you made, and not just a "same quests with different people giving them" kind of different either, so to call it linear... does not compute.

I don't think he's gotten to the middle arc yet, probably just the beginning of the game

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bought Rayman Legends on Wii U for $19.99 with a gift card from Best Buy. Shipping was $5. To get free shipping, I needed to spend $20.00 or more. Spent $2.97 on Bulletstorm for PS3 to get free shipping. Traded Bulletstorm for PS3 for $0.31 at EBGames, used the credit to buy a Steam wallet card
S0KnL6Z.png

Grief.exe

Bought Rayman Legends on Wii U for $19.99 with a gift card from Best Buy. Shipping was $5. To get free shipping, I needed to spend $20.00 or more. Spent $2.97 on Bulletstorm for PS3 to get free shipping. Traded Bulletstorm for PS3 for $0.31 at EBGames, used the credit to buy a Steam wallet card
S0KnL6Z.png

And you get to skirt Uplay.

rtcn63

So you are saying the combat is too hard?

Not really. I just didn't like how it was handled, or just didn't care enough to learn. To be honest, I didn't care for the game as a whole- the characters, the plot. I forced myself through half of Dark Souls because I enjoyed the core combat and exploration.

I tried, but I stopped at baldy at the end of the first chapter. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough, maybe at the meager age of 28, my testicles have still yet to drop and coddle me in the warmth of a true and dark reality.

The first Witcher? The combat feels more like a rhythm game, just pressing the button in the right time and eventually dodging and using the spells.

Jawmuncher

I personally find ZOE1 to be better than 2.
Its short, to the point, and hits everything story wise I wanted to.
closest thing to a evangelion game in the west that I know of.

Aside from that was there ever any info on what watchdogs ps4 was comparble to pc?
I recall it was medium settings, 60 fps, 900p right?

I'm having so much fun playing Killer is Dead until this boss shows up.

Playing on hard and....
fmClohG.jpg

That switch in perspective kept screwing with me. Other than that, it was just annoying... I used it as a place where I ground out that achievement for getting revived. :lol:
I always laugh at how much trouble I have with these action games on the first playthroughs when I choose hard to start. I always forget that I don't have any upgrades or anything... but I guess it forces me to pay attention and really learn how the combat works. I've had a couple bosses where I've gotten my ass handed to me and I've been out of Mika tickets... and I just doubled down and forced myself to learn the patterns until I could advance... I'm on episode 11 now and I'm going to try to finish it up shortly.

I'm honestly not impressed at all with Killer is Dead, really wanna see Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes 1 & 2 on Steam! Preferably with a fan made patch for using the Wiimote for NMH on PC. That would be cool. Same would be true of The Typing of the Dead, light-gun aiming > mouse aiming in HOTD!

While light gun aiming would be fantastic for the HotD side of TotD, I'm the total opposite when it comes to Suda51 games, especially SotD (the only one I finished because it wasn't on Wii).

How would you guys rate KiD against other SUDA51 games? KiD is my first experience with their games and now I'd really like to see their other games on Steam now. Especially Shadows of the Damned, this Gamespot review really sold me on it.

Shadows of the Damned is not really a good game. It's a poor man's version of the modern RE games (originally it was compared to RE4, but the distance between the two might as well be the distance between the Earth and the moon. ;) ). The combat gets really repetitive really quickly as there's all of 3 weapons and they just get a bit stronger as you level them up (IIRC) which leaves the game to stand on it's story, mostly. And if you're not really into the weirdness and "humour" it presents, it gets old fast. When I played through the game the first time, I thought "this is average... I'm not sure why everyone loves it so much though." When I forced myself to play through it twice more to get the platinum, I really loathed it by the end. Stupid non-stacking difficulty achievements/trophies.

So yeah, I really do NOT like that game. So much so that I ignored Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead until I saw that Killer is Dead seemed to be an action game and get decent reviews and gave it a try for $15. In fact, the only Grasshopper game I praised until now was Sine Mora.

Man, I really.... really... dislike Shadows of the Damned.

S0KnL6Z.png

Not sure how the Wii U handles the Murfy levels, but if it's anything like the Vita (and you're playing mostly solo), you've made a huge mistake (unless you really like touch gaming and bad frustrating AI partners).
I get why you don't buy the uplay games, I do, really. I might not agree with it, but I get it... however, I'm going to say that the PC version of Legends is probably the best you can get... but if you wanted it on consoles, getting the ps3/x360/ps4/xbone version might've been a better bet.

Also, you traded PS3 Bulletstorm for a $0.31 Steam wallet card? :lol

Pachimari

Isn't it Alt+F8? edit: I guess that's the default, you can configure that stuff.

Are you able to record video (Shadowplay) with the game you're trying to stream?

Nope. Just tested, it doesn't save anything when I tell it to record the last 2 minutes with Alt+F2. =/

EDIT:
Hmm, I just tried it out in Hitman and it works, I can use ShadowPlay streaming. Wonder if it's because I'm running The Forest in window mode?

Authority

Banned
From the Watch Dogs PC performance thread,

It'll just go to a black screen for a second and then tell me "Thanks for playing!".

Keywords for a meme.

Ubisoft
U/Not/Play
Black screen
Thanks for playing

Profit?

C4rter

How do I get Steam to show the "New Releases" on the homepage by default instead of the "Top Sellers" I'm not interested in?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using enhanced steam. Where can I configure this?

There's a little tab that says "Enhanced Steam" in the browser. Click that and it gives you a menu, one of the things to choose from is "Options." Click that and scroll down a bit, and you'll see the homepage option.

C4rter

There's a little tab that says "Enhanced Steam" in the browser. Click that and it gives you a menu, one of the things to choose from is "Options." Click that and scroll down a bit, and you'll see the homepage option.

I'm on Firefox. The only options I have are:
Clear cached data
Contribute (GitHub)
Translate
Report Bug / Suggest Feature
Website
Official Group
Donate

Which ES Version do I need for this to work? I'm using 6.2.1
Edit: OMG I just checked this "Options" thing in Chrome and my mind was blown away. I can configure anything it seems. But why not in Firefox?

Daily Metro Last Light 50% off

That's Charles Barkley Turrrrrible.

Clear cached data
Contribute (GitHub)
Translate
Website
Official Group
Donate

Edit: OMG I just checked this "Options" thing in Chrome and my mind was blown away. I can configure anything it seems. But why not if Firefox?

Cause FF is inferior? :p

Aaron D.

Come get some.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-4830773D8441486B - Taken by Ezalc
The First Templar -- MB-3631411AC7B08C43 - Taken by NingenJanai
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-699C7D6651033B16 - Taken by Diedac
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-446533AD262BADA9 - Taken by trailmix16

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Edit: OMG I just checked this "Options" thing in Chrome and my mind was blown away. I can configure anything it seems. But why not if Firefox?

Until recently, Mozilla has been dictating how the options page looks, using the "Simple Prefs" module which isn't nearly powerful enough to account for all of the options the Chrome version has.

Now that it's moved to a self-hosting model and Mozilla can't dictate things like this, I hope I can bring the Chrome options page and a good number of it's features to the Firefox version. It's going to take a bit of work, though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Clear cached data
Contribute (GitHub)
Translate
Website
Official Group
Donate

Edit: OMG I just checked this "Options" thing in Chrome and my mind was blown away. I can configure anything it seems. But why not in Firefox?

I've got no idea for the firefox version since I just use chrome.

An-Det

uplay post-dates PoP 2008 (ACII is the first game that uses uplay branding at all, but I'm not sure what the PC client situation is) although IIRC it does have some weird account registration thing that you can use to get an Altair skin or some dumb crap you don't want. The Epilogue DLC was never released on PC.

Thanks! I saw a youtube video with an Altair skin, figured it'd be from something like that. Definitely wouldn't want to play the Epilogue dlc again, I played through it last night and don't want to do that ever again.

C4rter

Until recently, Mozilla has been dictating how the options page looks, using the "Simple Prefs" module which isn't nearly powerful enough to account for all of the options the Chrome version has.

Now that it's moved to a self-hosting model and Mozilla can't dictate things like this, I hope I can bring the Chrome options page and a good number of it's features to the Firefox version. It's going to take a bit of work, though.

Alright, thanks for this insight. I will look out for a new version sometime in the future.

maty

A beautiful game...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To the Moon -- MB-A3211D7021276505 - Taken by MTE

t1401557371z1.png

Also, is there a way to remove myself from a giveaway. I entered the Deus Ex raffle without realizing it was the original release which I already have and not the Director's Cut. Thanks

He is right though. Both the first Witcher and Witcher 2 can be pretty boring during the first chapter.

I had to play the first Witcher over the course of 14 months until I completed it (always stoping during a boring section of the game to come back months later to continue). The last couple chapters of the game is where the game gets really interesting and I could play them in one session.

Have stopped during the second chapter in Witcher 2. Don't know when I will continue.

disgust-gif.29066

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom