• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

My brothers got a white and blue and the blue looks a lot nicer than those pictures let on, the white gets real nasty looking after a few weeks.

People were saying the same thing about the Red and Blue 3DS XL models when those were the only options available.

Stockholm Syndrome.

I have a strange bug in Steam right now.

Whenever I download anything now, after its finished it restarts the download again. So I downloaded 5gb of Chivalry and it had to download the 5gb again. Updating a game, and it has to update it two times...

Anyone knows what might be the problem?

sixclaws

Banned
Is there a fun local only co-op that is on steam today? Some of my friends will go to my house by the next weekend just to lounge around, but I'm just the venue locator / host of this event. They are sick tired playing CS and MOBAs so any quirky ones anyone can suggest?

Crawl, Gang Beasts, Samurai Gunn, Mount Your Friends, Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, Nidhogg, and Starwhal are all really fun.

Pudge

Lol I just checked the Evolve Steam Page. 91 friends have a copy. I love price glitch XD especially when they're games that haven't came out yet.

I'm pretty sure that the Alpha counts as owning the game this weekend. So that number might be inflated :p

zkylon

zkylewd
gunmetal setting for air looks a bit better but it's still kind of a stupid amount of contrast

also i really wish there was a skin that had separate buttons for "library", "installed" and "download" rather than that dropdown thingie

we're living in 2014, everyone got widescreens, we can afford a couple more buttons on the header

bjork

I know baseball season is over, but is that Out of the Park management sim really the only baseball game on steam?

oipic

I don't think I have overly strong OCD tendencies... but I just couldn't imagine choosing to use/own a white controller - don't all of its little nooks and crannies fill with dark-coloured grime over time? My original (non-black) 360 controller became pretty grotty after a while, and I'd like to think I'm not a grotty person.

As a wise (?) man once said, 'always bet on black'.

I was wondering did anybody get asked to verify their steam email address today? It happened just as I bought System Shock 2 for old times sake. Having been a member for a long time seemed a bit odd to suddenly see this displayed in the steam app on my pc.

[for VitaGAF] Resogun is coming. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922204

Coop? Or versus? Towerfall Ascension or Nidhogg?
Coop games will be fine to them. They play L4D2 like madmen before.
Will also check these out later. Thanks for the replies.
... or you can all just ignore me ... thanks, guys :/
Prices of the glitched Evolve almost immediately shoot up the roof when I came here. Sorry can't help you man.

Lomax

I know baseball season is over, but is that Out of the Park management sim really the only baseball game on steam?

Pretty sure the last "real" baseball game made for PC was MLB 2K10 which was pulled from the store a while back.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think I have overly strong OCD tendencies... but I just couldn't imagine choosing to use/own a white controller - don't all of its little nooks and crannies fill with dark-coloured grime over time? My original (non-black) 360 controller became pretty grotty after a while, and I'd like to think I'm not a grotty person.

As a wise (?) man once said, 'always bet on black'.

but white's gorgeous!

Uzzy

Already planning my next preview, I'm going to take Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, unless anyone else is up for it?

Also potentially of interest, if you grab the Transistor Soundtrack on Steam, you can get a FLAC copy of it by emailing Supergiant Games with proof of purchase. Gotta love some high quality audio.

Vecks

I was wondering did anybody get asked to verify their steam email address today? It happened just as I bought System Shock 2 for old times sake. Having been a member for a long time seemed a bit odd to suddenly see this displayed in the steam app on my pc.

No. Just bought speedrunners and there was nothing of the sort.

Arthea

I have to decide download or not Evolve now. Is waiting for matchmaking still takes long? What about north of EU people, do you have lag? I actually missed info when alpha ends. So if someone can kindly tell me, I'd appreciate that.

Lomax

Ah well must be me lol, maybe it was because I used my tablet app to buy it and then went on the pc so soon to download it, thanks anyway.

I've always been under the impression it happens somewhat randomly, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

L.O.R.D

this controller is all what i need right now

lywV4Xk.jpg

dam it MS , release the wireless dongle now

... or you can all just ignore me ... thanks, guys :/
Hey Lashman. I think the glitch has been fixed already sadly :(
But Shadow said something about maybe finding copies on dispenser. You should ask him as he sold over 25 copies. Maybe his contacts have a spare copy?

iosefe

I thought this is an Online only with a few solo levels game?

Thanks for the replies guys. Will check these out by next week. I already have Speedrunners so I'll probably just add 1 or 2 more to add variety in the mix.
You can mix local and online players to your hearts content. Make sure you have sufficient controllers though

Porcupine

I have to decide download or not Evolve now. Is waiting for matchmaking still takes long? What about north of EU people, do you have lag? I actually missed info when alpha ends. So if someone can kindly tell me, I'd appreciate that.

I just played it from Germany, worked fine, had a team after a 2 minute wait and zero lag in the game.

it's called "eva". it's a gdc-esque thing we have in argieland every year around this time

it's mostly argie people talking about how much it sucks making games in argieland but we've had some cool people visit like jonathan blow, james portnow of extra credits fame, the god that is raph koster and some other lovely folks and folkettes

my dream is that someday warren spector will come. or anyone obsidian

but prolly warren spector so i can ask him if he can be my dad

Another ArgieGaf here :) I saw Cordes at VJ14 in Tecnópolis this month.

I have a store question for anybody who can help. I moved from US to Argentina recently and when I tried to buy a game it gave me an error. I contacted Steam Support and they said that it was declined due to my current IP address differing from my billing information and if I wanted to buy I needed to use "http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us". I thought they didn't like people to use the ?cc=us at the end of the link. I made sure to comment that I was moving to Argentina permanently. Will I get into any other problem in the future or I'm good to go? And what could happen if I enter an Argentinean credit card as method of payment? Thanks in advance

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-7F3CCAC49954FFC4 - Taken by redlacs. 27 entrants total.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim #2 -- MB-D262E5B3100D0D95 - Taken by cHinzo. 20 entrants total.

t1414796291z1.png

Dr Dogg

Already planning my next preview, I'm going to take Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, unless anyone else is up for it?

Go for it, I always like readding your thoughts on a game. I tend to pluck out 1 game I'm most looking forward too and leave it until the 11th hour before putting in for anything else to give everyone a fair chance to have their soap box moment. As much as a big Tomb Raider fan as I am and have Osiris' Nig Tat Edition preordered already, Metal Gear is my baby so was snagging that on sight.

ooo, looking forward to that write up to tide me over till I get my hands on it!

Well I was planning on doing a straightforward recommendation and then something a little special for the thread itself. I had planned on doing a pretty animated timeline of the events of MGS3, Portable Ops and Peace Walker in a non spoilery fashion to bring new players up to speed on account of none of them being on PC. But fuck me did I bite off more than I can chew with that. Might still do it if work has calmed down in December but I'll probally incorporate some of the work I've already done into my recommendation.

Another ArgieGaf here :) I saw Cordes at VJ14 in Tecnópolis this month.

I have a store question for anybody who can help. I moved from US to Argentina recently and when I tried to buy a game it gave me an error. I contacted Steam Support and they said that it was declined due to my current IP address differing from my billing information and if I wanted to buy I needed to use "http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us". I thought they didn't like people to use the ?cc=us at the end of the link. I made sure to comment that I was moving to Argentina permanently. Will I get into any other problem in the future or I'm good to go? And what could happen if I enter an Argentinean credit card as method of payment? Thanks in advance

I'm guessing that if you enter an Argentinean card you will have to use the Argentine store.

Nzyme32

I have a strange bug in Steam right now.

Whenever I download anything now, after its finished it restarts the download again. So I downloaded 5gb of Chivalry and it had to download the 5gb again. Updating a game, and it has to update it two times...

Anyone knows what might be the problem?

I'm almost certain this was a bug that was in an old client beta and was later fixed. Maybe it is something similar. As usual, Shackles or SushiRonin will have better answers

Check thread rules.

Check thread rules.

Check thread rules.

Hah, so the old first 2 - 3 pages of 'awesome new thread' and 'new thread smell' will soon be a thing of the past. If gaf threads produced a smell like that smell when I first opened my nintendo entertainment system... I'd be creating new threads daily.

On topic: November will be a good month for me, I'll finish my final year of Uni and have until sometime next year to spend time with my 1yr old daughter quite possibly playing through some of the Freddy Fish games (then back to Alien isolation and FF13 when she sleeps).

Outside of surprise entries like Valkyria chronicles
and Bayonetta/Vanquish
and those listed in the op, what November game/s are everybody looking forward to?

sixclaws

Banned
I've been eyeing Speedrunners for a while now actually. It does 4 player local co-op right?

Yeah.

Edit: Wait, by co-op you mean versus right? Cause I don't recall a mode that has 4 people on the same team against the computer, but it does have local versus for 4 people.

derExperte

That patch for the Evolve alpha didn't do much, now I can get into a game but it just lags out and disconnects every time.

yep

First Driveclub now this, what's the deal with online these days? DC was/is worse of course because it's supposed to be finished but still, bad publicity for Evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom