• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be nice. Assassin's Creed Syndicate is eighty Canuckistanian sheckles. I don't mind Commonwealth solidarity with my Australian brothers and sisters, but just not in this fashion.

Uzzy

02igCKv.png

KrGOyRr.png

gMRx2Cw.jpg

Tz7G7Ot.png

Why. Goddamn otaku bait.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm finally in the dlc part of Lords of Shadow. Reminded that the game is like twice as long as it needed to be. I probably would have cut half of the levels out, what a drag to replay. Higher res and smoother framerate can only fix so much. They aped most of God of War, they should've copied the length as well, at least those games never wore out their welcome.

That being said, the pc port really shows how crappy the console versions were. The combat is at least improved by the better performance. I have some morbid curiosity in LoS2, but I don't know if I'll ever bite on that.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Eurogamer's reporting that the Autumn and Winter sales won't have any flash sales or daily deals :(

Aw, that kind of sucks. I hate to admit it but the impulse buys from flash sales are what I look most forward to during these sales. Now it will just be "look things over on day one, buy what I want, then sale over"?

Adnor

Banned
Man, the clothes not just make no sense in battle, but are just ugly. They're so overdesign and then the game's filter just makes them look dirty, at least in the screenshots they show yesterday.

So, worst thing that could happen is that I'll have to switch regions every time I want to play my already owned games, right?

Will try with ilomilo+, can't say no to that one for just 10 cents.
Anyone that says no to ilomilo+ for ten cents is a terrible person. Maybe I can grant exceptions to those without Windows 10.

C4rter

Eurogamer's reporting that the Autumn and Winter sales won't have any flash sales or daily deals :(

KiP27kj.jpg

The original quote apparently was:
In past sale events, we’ve asked for two discounts—a duration discount that runs for the length of the sale, and a feature discount that runs in the event that a game is featured on the front page. This year, to optimize the sale for customers and to allow us to feature and recommend your products in more ways to more customers, we’re asking for just one discount, to run the length of the sale.

I mean, what the hell? Steam sales ARE Daily and Flash sales. Why do they want to ruin this? It seems they want to make the sale more casual or something like that.

Steam OS and Steam machines are bombing and now they try to ruin the one thing that makes Steam so awesome, the sales. I can't believe it....

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd pay full price for a FFXII PC-Port, i want to put my piggyback to use again.
tbh i feel like that'd be a inferior version than just playing on emulator since ps2 ff12 already supports 16:9 and you have frameskip on emulator which you're very much gonna want for that game

Sober

http://i.imgur.com/KiP27kj.jpg[IMG]

The original quote apparently was:

I mean, what the hell? Steam sales ARE Daily and Flash sales. Why do they want to ruin this? It seems they want to make the sale more casual or something like that.

Steam OS and Steam machines are bombing and now they try to ruin the one thing that makes Steam so awesome, the sales. I can't believe it....[/QUOTE]
Heaven forbid people actually spend their money prudently and not blow it impulsively on video games that they'll likely never play but feel obligated to purchase because it's cheap.

impact

Banned
tbh i feel like that'd be a inferior version than just playing on emulator since ps2 ff12 already supports 16:9 and you have frameskip on emulator which you're very much gonna want for that game

pretty sure the PS2 version of international has the same thing?

unless you're referring to some emulator thing on the vanilla version of the game

C4rter

Heaven forbid people actually spend their money prudently and not blow it impulsively on video games that they'll likely never play but feel obligated to purchase because it's cheap.

But that's the fun part, isn't it? It what makes the Steam Gaf thread explode during the sales. Impulse buying and price errors.

dex3108

C4rter

There is no need to be upset about the death of flash sales and daily deals.

I can be wrong but I don't think most (if any) developer will now use the "Flash Sale price" as the "Regular price".
Imagine if you can put in two prices for two kinds of sales and you take "50% off regularly" and "75% off in the flash sale".
I don't think they will now make the larger discount the regular price in the sale.

Or I just don't understand the new concept maybe.

Momentary

Banned
CA is the worst thing created in graphics technology.

But that's the fun part, isn't it? It what makes the Steam Gaf thread explode during the sales. Impulse buying and price errors.

STEAM Thread blows up with idiotic questions.

Man, the clothes not just make no sense in battle, but are just ugly. They're so overdesign and then the game's filter just makes them look dirty, at least in the screenshots they show yesterday.

What are you talking about make no sense? I always run towards the enemy in a dress with a knife in my hand while they are sending a barrage of rounds down range. It's good PT.

New VC not coming to PC is fantasy. Maybe one year extra wait sure but it will come. We live in great times regards Japanese PC support and best thing, it's still the early days! Persona, Yakuza and many others will come one day. Mark my words.

Lain

Why. Goddamn otaku bait.

I don't mind the character art per se, but it just... doesn't do it for me given the setting and the screens shown.
I mean, they are well drawn, kind of cool etc but the moment you put them against full armored soldiers wielding firearms (which is kinda clashing already as far as Im concerned) the clashing just goes up and up. But hey, I hope the game will be fun to play at least, so I'll be waiting for a gameplay trailer and stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty sure the PS2 version of international has the same thing?

unless you're referring to some emulator thing on the vanilla version of the game
not sure what you mean

just saying it's a big ass open game that's really slow and you're gonna want to maybe speed it up

Knurek

Win10 Store sale is this year's Steam Autumn/Winter sale.

Although the fact that Windows Apps don't support Anti Aliasing is strange. I mean, Hitman Go just looks hideous, so much jaggies. :\

FLD

New VC not coming to PC is fantasy. Maybe one year extra wait sure but it will come. We live in great times regards Japanese PC support and best thing, it's still the early days! Persona, Yakuza and many others will come one day. Mark my words.

Honestly, after Disgaea I'm convinced that Persona is coming. Different companies and everything but if you'd asked me a week ago which one of the two was the least likely to happen my money would've been on Disgaea for sure. At this point, Atlus Japan would be massive morons not to make a port and I'd like to think that SEGA knows better than that.

Now all I need is Bloodborne and I can skip this console generation entirely...
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom