• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
witcha 3 is great and is probably gonna be my goty but tbh this year has been mostly league and old stuff for me so it hasn't had that much competition, and witcha 3 has some really big problems that would've hurt it a lot more in another year for me

maybe i'll go with her story, i really liked that game

Assassin's Creed Syndicate has been peaking at under 4000 concurrent players on Steam. I know it's a late port and a lot of their sales must have been uplay keys, but that is still a surprisingly low number.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate has been peaking at under 4000 concurrent players on Steam. I know it's a late port and lot of their sales must have been uplay keys, but that is still a surprisingly low number.

I would buy on Steam if it was as cheap if it was on other sites as it is not a Steam key and if Fallout didnt come out last week. But it isnt and it did so I will wait. It is $79.99 CAD on Steam lol! Imagine I payed that much for a digital PC game. I got fallout 4 for $50 CAD before it came out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

There are quite a few games on sale there that are worth picking up for 10 cents, most notably Hitman GO and A World of Keflings (neither of which are on Steam). Bloons TD5 is great for 10 cents, but even at that price I really can't recommend it over the native Windows version that's available on Steam that's had it's microtransactions stripped out. The Assassin's Creed game is... interesting. But it's basically free to play garbage, not sure why they're still charging for it when the Android and iOS versions went F2P quite a while back.

The real deal here is Jack White's Lazaretto album for $1. I'd buy it if I didn't already own it on Google and have the vinyl.

Is Soma seriously a 20GB download? What makes it take up the same amount of data as Fallout 4, MGSV, and the Witcher 3 base game?

If you're still curious:

23zesd2.png

Basically just a bunch of textures, maps, sound-files etc. No notable amount of duplicates or something like that.

There's a mysterious .rar named "_supersecret.rar" (773MB) with a password-protection though. No idea what it contains!

Phawx

There are quite a few games on sale there that are worth picking up for 10 cents, most notably Hitman GO and A World of Keflings (neither of which are on Steam). Bloons TD5 is great for 10 cents, but even at that price I really can't recommend it over the native Windows version that's available on Steam that's had it's microtransactions stripped out. The Assassin's Creed game is... interesting. But it's basically free to play garbage, not sure why they're still charging for it when the Android and iOS versions went F2P quite a while back.

The real deal here is Jack White's Lazaretto album for $1. I'd buy it if I didn't already own it on Google and have the vinyl.

Also ilomilo Plus

A little bit lower than Unity.

I just had a look at the Steamcharts pages of the other titles in the series.

AC3 and Black Flag both peaked at 15k or so. Unity dropped back down to 5.5k. The earlier games (the AC2 trilogy) also used to peak under 5k.

I guess AC has never been super popular on Steam.

If you're still curious:

Basically just a bunch of textures, maps, sound-files etc. No notable amount of duplicates or something like that.

There's a mysterious .rar named "_supersecret.rar" (773MB) with a password-protection though. No idea what it contains!

Pfft..Witcher 3 was 45GB and then it made me download like a 10GB patch. I am pretty sure it used 2 months bandwidth for me

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also ilomilo Plus

I haven't played it (or really heard anything about it) but I keep seeing it recommended here and it's not on Steam so I might have to try that one out.

GaussTek

So, worst thing that could happen is that I'll have to switch regions every time I want to play my already owned games, right?

Will try with ilomilo+, can't say no to that one for just 10 cents.

So, just did it. Switched my region to US, bought ilomilo+, let it download, tried it, and then I switched my region back to MX. The game still worked fine on my region. Dunno if the same will apply to the other games, but at least ilomilo is fine.

The only "weird" thing is that MS shows up the payment as completed, but PP hasn't charged me anything yet, WTF?!

looks like I'll be picking up some of those 10 cent games on the Windows 10 Store...says 11 days left on them so don't have to pick them up immediately

If you're still curious:

OH MY LORD !!! I have been fruitlessly searching for a way to make windows explorer show the folder sizes! What is this sorcery, please do share.

Lomax

The whole "mobile game apps on Windows 10" confuses me. What on earth are they native to? If they are just Windows games, why aren't they on Steam too?

jshackles

The whole "mobile game apps on Windows 10" confuses me. What on earth are they native to? If they are just Windows games, why aren't they on Steam too?

They're all running on a new "Universal Windows Platform" provided by Microsoft:

Universal Windows Platform
The new Universal Windows Platform (UWP) delivers compatibility for your game across Windows 10-based devices. The platform provides a common API for phone, PC, and Xbox One, along with tools and options to tailor your game to each device experience.

So basically they're mostly ports of Windows Phone apps

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems "updating" my drivers through GeForce Experience resulted in the installation of 353.62 rather than 359.

Phawx

Thank goodness for this sale, I had $3 of Bing rewards money that was going to expire. That was 30 games worth.

Though I did buy 55 10 cent games. It was all with Bing funny money.

Haha, so I checked my emails right now and it took me an hour to buy them all. (I was doing office work stuff whenever it popped up in the middle) Still, that MS store desperately needs an "Add To Cart" Button.

jshackles

Hektor

I just had a look at the Steamcharts pages of the other titles in the series.

AC3 and Black Flag both peaked at 15k or so. Unity dropped back down to 5.5k. The earlier games (the AC2 trilogy) also used to peak under 5k.

I guess AC has never been super popular on Steam.

Well, cheap deals for AC come in form of a uPlay mostly, getting the games cheap on steam means playing the waiting game.

They're pumping games out like a machine.

Ruruja

There are quite a few games on sale there that are worth picking up for 10 cents, most notably Hitman GO and A World of Keflings (neither of which are on Steam).

I loved A World of Keflings when it came out on XBLA years ago, good game.

EDIT: I meant Kingdom, never played World.

Lomax

They're all running on a new "Universal Windows Platform" provided by Microsoft:

So basically they're mostly ports of Windows Phone apps

Weird. I guess crossbuy with Xbox is kinda cool. Speaking of Windows 10, it now wants to reinstall my AMD audio drivers (for my new Nvidia card I guess), and there's no way to tell it not too... hopefully it will just fail and give up lol

Dr Dogg

Metro Apps, Modern Apps, now Universal Apps, ones that support a combination of one, some or all of ARM, Android and win32 platforms. Fucking Microsoft made a right mess of of their store from the word go on Windows 8. At least there's some sort of coherence in Win 10 for the average joe to know what is what.

fantomena

Dude, that's not even real. Saw it on snopes.
Not that he's not still insane or anything.
But your post is off topic and based on something made up :p

Well, still doesn't mean he comes off as a bit of a nazi when it comes to immigration.

Btw, this entire thread is an off-topic thread.

Just saw this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...p-doubles-down-on-registering-muslims/416973/

I liked the gameplay enough to ignore the bad story and voice acting, still top 5 for me this year

Of course, ignore what's bad about it and it becomes good.

Belgarion

If you're still curious:

I always used WinDirStat, its great.

And thanks for sharing this, I do like Piriform and use Ccleaner / Recuva eventually but didn't know about this one!

jshackles

I loved A World of Keflings when it came out on XBLA years ago, good game.

EDIT: I meant Kingdom, never played World.

It's a shame that Kingdom of Keflings hasn't been brought to Steam. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind this is, especially since NinjaBee's other games such as Ancients of Ooga and Cloning Clyde are there already.

The game was released on PC quite a while ago, and there are even free DLC packs available on their website. You can buy the PC game there for $10. Hell, the game is/was even available on Desura.

Monooboe

Anyone of you play MGSV in ultrawidescreen? Found a fix for it but that would involve using a fixed exe file and I'm always cautious about stuff like that.o_O

Caerith

meh indeed. Strangely enough (being the Momoa fan that I am) I just can't get into the TV show. Haven't even tried the game but I assume it's not for me.

I get it that the show/game are a hit and make tons of $$$, but I would have liked to see Telltale venture into new territory.
Are you into the books at all? Or just not into SoIF/GoT at all?

USA becoming nazi germany.
You realize this is a work of fiction?
The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_%28TV_title%29.png

And also this is not the place to post about Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom