• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Oh and it seems to have more single player modes. Besides a rudimentry campagin / tutorial, there is a gauntlet which I dont know what it is since its locked, and also a Draft mode against AI.
Gauntlet iirc is a fight against 7 AI opponents in a row, get a special prize and rank up if you beat all of them without losing a single match (you get some rewards in between but not as much as playing in Ranked). I think it only unlocks after you've beaten all the tutorials. I go there usually to check if my decks' gimmicks work even in the best of cases.

There is also a Draft against players, and in both Drafts, you actually keep the cards you draft, unlike HS.
Yeah, if you're new and just starting out, it's almost better to draft the rarer cards when you see them, but later on when you understand the game better, it pays off to just draft the cards better suited for your deck.

In Draft mode you get your entry fee's worth with just final score of 2-3. 7 wins triples your investment of 5k gold (surprisingly not that high a fee despite being 5 packs worth)

Thanks for the impressions; haven't seen anything else about EtO here. Bought it as soon as it hit Steam based mostly on my enjoyment of Anodyne and that game's soundtrack. Will hopefully get some time to dive in over the weekend.
Think an OT would just sink but yeah I'm going to play some more today. The indie game thread might be a good place for some discussion on it.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Morphine -- MB-CBA6137E347831C1 - Taken by Saty
Princess.Loot.Pixel.Again -- MB-91E15871DF28AFA2 - Taken by Vazra

Monooboe

Aaand done with Xanadu Next, such a good game! Just what I needed and wanted right now. Holds up really well for such an old game, though it did show it's age a little.

Litte bugged, for example achivements don't unlock and I had the missfortune of selling the first sword one gets from a chest and didn't get the skill whichs sucked.

So people recommended the Ys games also, I have Y's Origin, how does it compare to Xanadu Next?

Tizoc

Aaand done with Xanadu Next, such a good game! Just what I needed and wanted right now. Holds up really well for such an old game, though it did show it's age a little.

Litte bugged, for example achivements don't unlock and I had the missfortune of selling the first sword one gets from a chest and didn't get the skill whichs sucked.

So people recommended the Ys games also, I have Y's Origin, how does it compare to Xanadu Next?

Ys Origin is Durante approved.
It's its own kind of beast and has a neat soundtrack as is Falcom tradition.

Ascheroth

It starts with this
Glorious Falcom soundtrack goodness.

It's kinda similiar in a way, yet a completely different beast at the same time. It's faster paced and more actiony compared to Xanadu Next and trades the customization for a tighter and controlled set of abilities.
There's also nearly 3 times as many bosses and 3 playable characters with their own storyline each (and they play completely different from each other as well).

Monooboe

Ys Origin is Durante approved.
It's its own kind of beast and has a neat soundtrack as is Falcom tradition.

It starts with this
Glorious Falcom soundtrack goodness.

It's kinda similiar in a way, yet a completely different beast at the same time. It's faster paced and more actiony compared to Xanadu Next and trades the customization for a tighter and controlled set of abilities.
There's also nearly 3 times as many bosses and 3 playable characters with their own storyline each (and they play completely different from each other as well).

Sounds good! Downloading it now.

So what is everyone playing this weekend?

Happy Birthday MurderDemons!

Cx9dx0p.png
Happy birthday WD.

duppolo

just found out about this game from a thread on gaming. Eternal CCG, its in open beta now apparently

ss_e1863a3f9bd30b3b254810290f76467ea502351f.600x338.jpg
ss_ec79fa056b6a9d8169fb65e44b1edbee975f4478.600x338.jpg

Its basically Hearthstone with Magic The Gathering rules.

"But Rhaknar doesnt Hearthstone play like Magic?"

If you know your CCGs, then you know the awnser to that question is no. Differences:

- You cant attack enemy minions directly with your minions, you issue an attack to the player, and then they can block, or not.

- there are different types (colors) of mana, so cards will be specific to a type, and your decks can have multiple types or just one.

- if you attack with a minion, its "tapped" and cant block, so you actually need to think about your defenses, and also your attacks.

- minions regenerate health at the end of the turn

- you can cast during the other player's turn, with instant casts so you can do stuff like Attack, he blocks, you cast a buff on your minion so yours doesnt die, but he casts a instant fireball to kill it before your buff lands.

Thats just the main differences I saw from the 25 minutes I played just now. The art style is straight out of Hearthstone (hence me saying its HS with MTG rules), it looks feature complete, has great presentation with lots of snazzy effects like HS.

Incredible first impression, if you like CCGs, especially Magic, or even HS but wish HS was a bit more complex, go download this now.

Oh and it seems to have more single player modes. Besides a rudimentry campagin / tutorial, there is a gauntlet which I dont know what it is since its locked, and also a Draft mode against AI.

There is also a Draft against players, and in both Drafts, you actually keep the cards you draft, unlike HS.

i tried it...seems solid for rules (cause is a rip off), but quite boring as design...i mean...im not too much stimuleted to play it, i prefer the true magic! waiting for gwent!

Chariot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qiQbOUfdS0
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

If My Heart Had Wings -- MB-54CBDA96AEEE547D - Taken by Jawmuncher. 14 entrants total.
If My Heart Had Wings #3 -- MB-86672CF40E2EBB15 - Taken by Benedict. 5 entrants total.
If My Heart Had Wings #2 -- MB-CA237C2773617B13 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 10 entrants total.

t1479578134z1.png

Parsnip

Sounds good! Downloading it now.

So what is everyone playing this weekend?
I'm hoping to finish Azure Dreams. It's devolved into bit of a grind but I think I'm close.
Might also finally play through Firewatch, and I also have some 2 hour game installed, name of which I'm forgetting atm.

TheExodu5

Banned
I really don't care about DRM if it works fine and doesn't impede my play. But already in the first hour of trying HITMAN, it disconnects and can't even reconnect to the service. Now I can't play the game...

Coreda

I really don't care about DRM if it works fine and doesn't impede my play. But already in the first hour of trying HITMAN, it disconnects and can't even reconnect to the service. Now I can't play the game...

People should definitely get with the times and get the internet. It's awesome.

Tizoc

Darksiders 1 Remastered is releasing this coming week, almost forgot about that. Wonder how THQ are gonna handle the upgrade option this time :v

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Darksiders 1 Remastered is releasing this coming week, almost forgot about that. Wonder how THQ are gonna handle the upgrade option this time :v

It's actually a week-and-a-half away. The PS4 and X1 versions release on the 22nd, the PC version on the 29th, and the Wii U version was recently pushed back to some as-yet-unannounced point in the future.

Now Overwatch's pro patch is out, and it still runs at 1080p (4k hud tho!!) and people are getting upset. I really dunno what folks expected.

Also I don't think anybody got my hin that I wanted Overwatch for Christmas and I bought a copy for my friend. Sure hope somebody gets me one or I'll buy it myself after the holidays :(

sunnz

omg steam is the biggest piece of shit.

For the last hour and a half I have been trying to download and play either CS GO or arma 3 and NOTHING. Besides from the downloads stopping every second ( goes from 0 to 15mp to 0 all the time) to finally downloading CS GO and having it take 30 minutes to go half way though the "install" process...

Ive tried different regions and everything. I know its not my internet because i updated all games on uplay and origin without an issue and instantly ( plus speedtests, no drops)

Worst download program I have every used.

Just wanted to vent

Monooboe

Trying to finish dragon age inq and silver case

How did you like DA:I?

Looking to finish Trails in the Sky this weekend.

Oh right, that was one I was going to try after Xanadu, so now I have to decide between that and Ys Origin. You agree with SteamGAF that it was great?

I'm hoping to finish Azure Dreams. It's devolved into bit of a grind but I think I'm close.
Might also finally play through Firewatch, and I also have some 2 hour game installed, name of which I'm forgetting atm.

Looked at some screenshort of Azure Dreams and it certainly looked interesting.:D Weird, I got that intense sense of recollection and complete unfamiliarity, like I've played the game but completely forgot about it.

Pixieking

Banned

For the last hour and a half I have been trying to download and play either CS GO or arma 3 and NOTHING. Besides from the downloads stopping every second ( goes from 0 to 15mp to 0 all the time) to finally downloading CS GO and having it take 30 minutes to go half way though the "install" process...

Ive tried different regions and everything. I know its not my internet because i updated all games on uplay and origin without an issue and instantly ( plus speedtests, no drops)

Just wanted to vent

Do you have a bandwidth throttle on Steam? "Limit bandwidth to..." Seems unlikely, but what you're reporting is an extreme version of the issue I had when I was throttling Steam downloads.

Otherwise, it may have been something to do with read/write speeds of your hard drive? The fact that it took so long on installing is a little disconcerting, though I suppose it depends upon your hard drive (if that's an SSD, wtf? If it's a two and a half inch 5200rpm laptop drive, then it's a little more acceptable).

Also, I could swear someone either here or on a Steam Discussion page had the same issue recently. *frown*

Tizoc

How did you like DA:I?

Oh right, that was one I was going to try after Xanadu, so now I have to decide between that and Ys Origin. You agree with SteamGAF that it was great?

Looked at some screenshort of Azure Dreams and it certainly looked interesting.:D Weird, I got that intense sense of recollection and complete unfamiliarity, like I've played the game but completely forgot about it.

I just started it actually ^^;

sunnz

Do you have a bandwidth throttle on Steam? "Limit bandwidth to..." Seems unlikely, but what you're reporting is an extreme version of the issue I had when I was throttling Steam downloads.

Otherwise, it may have been something to do with read/write speeds of your hard drive? The fact that it took so long on installing is a little disconcerting, though I suppose it depends upon your hard drive (if that's an SSD, wtf? If it's a two and a half inch 5200rpm laptop drive, then it's a little more acceptable).

Also, I could swear someone either here or on a Steam Discussion page had the same issue recently. *frown*

No, i doubled check and its not.

After writing that post I picked Romania ( live in England) server and now download stayed at a consistent 14MB so that was great to see, even if it is very annoying i have to jump around to other locations to get a stable download.

Must be by HDD, i don't ever recall a game taking this long to install a update to my HDD previously so a little confused, on steam it shows as 5MB/s cache speed for HDD, I understand the installs cause my HDD might be a little slow for some reason but the downloads are just damn annoying since that is 100% steam issue.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Chariot, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

If My Heart Had Wings -- MB-54CBDA96AEEE547D - Taken by Jawmuncher. 14 entrants total.
If My Heart Had Wings #3 -- MB-86672CF40E2EBB15 - Taken by Benedict. 5 entrants total.
If My Heart Had Wings #2 -- MB-CA237C2773617B13 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 10 entrants total.

t1479578134z1.png

I absolutely love Trails. Probably my favorite JRPG after Persona 4: Golden.

I did buy Hitman so I might play some of that this weekend too depending on how long it takes me to finish Trails. Otherwise I'll probably have to do some assassination to recover from Thanksgiving next week.

Nzyme32

Just wanted to vent

I've had no issues at all with Steam downloading for a very long time. The last issue turned out to be my own ISP slowing down, but that was it. I wonder if you might have throttling set up or some other weirdness where your ISP is specifically throttling Steam. Only things I can think of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom