• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I paid 20 dollars for gamepump and still have not received any confirmation email other than my receipt and this was after the guy on twitter said they 'fixed paypal confirmations'

RIP

I was before the "fix" - still nothing. It would be nice to send some confirmation to those users than just trusting a paypal receipt

GAME PUMPIN

Edit: Why is scantily clad women in vidja called "fan service"?

"fanny service"?

Wok

Website & Youtube

Fresco is a mind-bending first person exploration / puzzle game, featuring a unique gameplay mechanic. Find your way out by creating a path in the world, via manipulating paintings and placing them on strategic locations.

Look at that amazing indie game showcased at IndieCade Europe. Not on Steam... yet.

I paid 20 dollars for gamepump and still have not received any confirmation email other than my receipt and this was after the guy on twitter said they 'fixed paypal confirmations'

RIP

What did you expect from Humble Monthly 2.0? :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Usually the discounts don't change much between the fall and winter sale, right?

Right, however something that wasn't discounted during the Autumn Sale may be discounted during the Winter Sale. Ubi typically skips the Autumn Sale as far as its Big Q4 Game is concerned, for instance, which this year is Watch Dogs 2 (needless to say that a game releasing on the 29th isn't going to be discounted during the Autumn Sale, haha).

Hyrule Warriors is total fan service. The only two original characters are two halves of the same entity and both are crushing on Link. When you fight the evil half, a cutscene focuses on her assets.

Arthea

I've just seen 50 best strategy games by rps Civ4 first but Alpha Centauri second?
Civ4 above Alpha Centauri, just think about it for the moment.
lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GAME PUMPIN

Edit: Why is scantily clad women in vidja called "fan service"?

Fan service used to refer to creators mortgaging their vision by giving fans exactly what they want rather than actually making interesting stuff--but because the anime audience in Japan and abroad is so poorly socially adjusted, in an anime context that just means more of My Little Cousin's Dragon Tits

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Origin is so shit.

The launcher for the game launches fine, but the game itself does not launch. Fucks sake.

Nzyme32

Seems at some point recently Tyranny got trading cards

Did somebody say anime?

qfoPEFG.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Getting fan service into a musou isn't the hard part of his statement. Practically every one is dripping in it. It's the "good" part that's hard.

Started the Dishonored DLC. I feel for the whales.

I am killing almost everything. I miss the rat swarm power.

EDIT - Also, like every dude in Dunwall looks hideous. It is no surprise Corvo got to bag the Empress.

Nzyme32

huh - steam seems to have added the ability to download screenshots / community uploads of stuff - neat, though I don't have much use for it; perhaps useful to piss up this thread though :p

AHA-Lambda

Im debating between Steins and Umineko. Which should I get first?

If I had to pick I'd say Umineko, it's also the cheaper of the two and yet also longer than Steins Gate.
But be aware, Umineko is an episodic title and the other half is not available yet.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Anyone know if the version of Dead Rising 2 that's part of the Build your own bundle on Humble Bundle is the remastered version? Also is Off The Record the better version?

zkylon

zkylewd
Seems like the hotfix (375.95) is fine.
cool tytypyty

let's see how disho2 beta runs

It didn't win anyway. This issue exists with most award shows though - you will find games in the wrong year winning. It will happen soon enough with the game awards, happens all the time with the BAFTAs
So the better option is to have a release deadzone where none of those games are ever eligible?
maybe do the game of the year awards in like february instead of november?

Nzyme32

cool tytypyty

let's see how disho2 beta runs

maybe do the game of the year awards in like february instead of november?

And you have the same problem - there will still be games that will not fit into this cycle and are cut off between nominations being solidified and the game getting attention. Even for the game awards, they said on the youtube show that Dishonoured 2 couldn't make it into some categories because it released so late - so it can't be in goty this year, but could be next year. This is the same with Film, TV, Books etc. There isn't another option unless you arbitrarily decide all games releasing between x and y date are not eligible even if they are breakout hits

Damn, I forgot that that had happened! XD

The sad thing is I'm sitting here with my finger on the trigger thinking that TF2 is just going to fall furrther, especially considering Origin Access =/
Don't think the price is going to drop any lower any time soon, I assume this is the Black Friday price.

As for Origin Access, I guess it depends on how much the multiplayer population drops till EA decides to intervene.
EA chose exactly the right release date for the game, if they want to cripple Respawn and buy them out.
They are pulling a Bethesda, that was obvious.

yuraya

i am getting pretty old but...

wasn't last year's black friday steam sale cheaper then the xmas sale?

Its usually just a few deals that are better or don't even show up later in the xmas sale. For the most part they are the same tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom