• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinha

So, are you all people chirping about Hitman forgetting it's an always online game?
How long till Square shuts down the servers for it? What then? Single player portion of the game is by all accounts, just a demo version...

considering the game is a success and there's a second season coming i don't think that should be a worry right now

madjoki

I wonder if that was done to validate leaderboards or to legitimately hold off piracy. I somehow doubt the latter was effected, but I Don't follow that scene.

Hitman is still one of uncracked games. But not due to online leaderboards, Denuvo and episodical release are more likely causes.

gabbo

Cause it seems every year a publication will come out and say their GOTY is something like 80 Days or Sunless Sea and the thread is just a bunch of people shutting it up because it wasn't Uncharted or Gears or something else big.

You've got me there.

Wok

Cross-posting for visibility. TLDR: IndieCade Europe is pretty much a success in terms of presentations.

I went to the first day of IndieCade Europe today and it was pretty cool.

It started with a keynote by Matt Nava (Flower, Journey, Abzû) about games as art.

Then I missed a talk by Diane Landais and Elizabeth Maler from Accidental Queens, which is the studio behind A Normal Lost Phone (Steam link). I am a bit mad about missing that talk since the echoes that I got is that it was interesting.

I have then attended a talk by Yoan Fanise (Valiant Hearts, Lost in Harmony) about tackling serious issues with gaming (respectively World War I and brain cancer).

In the afternoon, there was a talk by Alexis Moroz, a game designer of escape rooms, in real life and in VR. The talk was supposed to be in French but the guy, despite being French, uses a lot of English words. You could feel the creativity behind the chaos.

I had a choice between a talk by Santa Ragione and a talk by the guys behind Mother Russia Bleeds. Since I had already watched the making of for MRB, I went with the talk by Pietro Righi Riva, director of Santa Ragione (FOTONICA, MirrorMoon EP, and Wheels of Aurelia), in which he advocated tabula rasa so that video games could appeal to a broader audience. It was pretty interesting in its radical aspect.

Then there was a live-play with Fakhra AlMansouri (Who Lurks, which is a local party game with just one smartphone, a bit like Werewolves), Philomena Schwab (Niche - a genetics survival game), and Nicolae Berbece (Move or Die). That last guy is full of energy, I understand why he is going to give a talk about Creating a great experience for players on the show floor tomorrow.

Olivier Madiba gave a talk full of energy as well about Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan, the first indie game 100% made in Africa, more precisely in Cameroun. I think I am going to buy it from Steam just to support that incredible guy.

Finally, Rami Ismail (Nuclear Throne, Ridiculous Fishing, LUFTRAUSERS, Super Crate Box) gave a talk about games as cultural artefacts. The idea is that games reflect the cultures of their creators, no matter what. I liked the fact there were several examples, the first of which is one of my favorite puzzle games, Farsh by Mahdi Bahrami, who still has not released Engare by the way (6 months late...).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for the people that were shilling for ESO: you were correct, its pretty fucking good.

My wrath shant fall upon you this day for wasting 25 buckaroos

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
for the people that were shilling for ESO: you were correct, its pretty fucking good.

My wrath shant fall upon you this day for wasting 25 buckaroos

Glad you're enjoying it. I'll keep on shilling.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That Hitman deal is tempting. I may pick up the first episode to give it a go as I've never played a proper Hitman game before, only the Sniper Challenge. I can't see it having a bigger discount in the winter sale but as long as they match it I won't be worse off, plus I may be terrible at it and not want the rest.

Erekiddo

I've seen all the Giant Bomb videos concerning Hitman and getting into it this late has resulted in me missing all of the elusive targets.

Worth getting into @ $30 still?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why are there so many deals all of a sudden that could very well be weekend deals? I mean like promoted deals...you know what I mean.

Hitman is randomly 50%, Arnello and Headlander are 30% and 40% respectively, all of which would be big enough for a proper midweek / weekend. I mean dont get me wrong im not complaining, just...wondering.

Nillansan

I will send the winner the Steam keys as they trickle in. Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nillansan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GAMEPUMP 12 Months Plan (13 Games) -- MB-545FF4FCEF176DB4 - Taken by Last Baron. 42 entrants total.

Erekiddo

why are there so many deals all of a sudden that could very well be weekend deals? I mean like promoted deals...you know what I mean.

Hitman is randomly 50%, Arnello and Headlander are 30% and 40% respectively, all of which would be big enough for a proper midweek / weekend. I mean dont get me wrong im not complaining, just...wondering.

Headlander came to Xbox One today with a 40% discount. Assuming this is for pairity.

Nzyme32

Cause it seems every year a publication will come out and say their GOTY is something like 80 Days or Sunless Sea and the thread is just a bunch of people shutting it up because it wasn't Uncharted or Gears or something else big.

The usual "I haven't played it but....", or simple platform / company warring in many cases since those people tie their own ego and self-worth into those, the lifeless fucks!

I like the new Doom but I dont think I *love* the new Doom.

With Doom - I had to play on Ultra Violence, and I think my love for the game came from that difficulty being so perfect for me - easy at first but really challenging me as I got further in the game, that it became so cathartic.

Microsoft needs to seriously blow the Win10 store the fuck outta the sky already. Its such a shit product its not even funny anymore. I went into the apps section of the store and clicked update all for all my apps. For the next like 3-4 days my internet went to complete shit and everything was acting up real slow. I was wondering wtf was going on so I kind just stumbled into that app section again. And I find out that not only did Win10 store update all the apps but it also decided to redownload all the fucking Xbox games over again for some reason. There was literally like 100+ gb of shit being downloaded in the background all these days and I had no idea. Like what in the flying fuck man.

LOL

Senran Kagura creator interview at Waypoint

he dont give 2 fucks about what you think of panty shots is the gist of it :3

Dont really care about the lewdness, but I think thats mostly the reason why those game sell well.

I finished the Steam one almost (last school left) and if you replace the girls with some standard western grunts, no one would really care. The gameplay is really basic and easy af besides those two DLC battles (you just wait till you charged up your specials, hit the boss 2-3 times and hes dead), the story feels like a standard Harem-Ecchi anime from the 00s and the leveldesign is a joke. Its not even a musou, but feels like a really cheap doujin-game.

I mean even Oneechanbara has more engaging gameplay...

I am quite sure if you would have the same gameplay, same leveldesign, same music but just with a western artstyle, it wouldnt really have that many positive reviews on Steam as it has now.

Rhaknar

I am quite sure if you would have the same gameplay, same leveldesign, same music but just with a western artstyle, it wouldnt really have that many positive reviews on Steam as it has now.

well...yeah. Just like all the trash visual novels you guys pimp around here.

:3

Wok

Steam sales start on Nov 23.

Wok

Does Steam do a Black Friday sale?

Hmmm....

Fs0aofD.png

Werd

I can't bring myself to pay more than $15 for Hitman after passing on it at that price pre-launch (Amazon's price mistake). Seemed a little dicey after Absolution and some medicore beta impressions, glad the game seems to have turned out well though.

There's a lot of places that are jumping out with the Black Friday sales early right now.

I just want a game that's both a good musou and full of fan service, is that too much to ask?

Wasn't the Hyrule one just that? I think the reception was pretty good for it.

And what about the Attack on Titan game? There was pre-game hype and then it released. I don't think I've seen one impression on it. Was it any good?

Parsnip

Anyone play that Steep beta yet?

Wasn't the Hyrule one just that? I think the reception was pretty good for it.

And what about the Attack on Titan game? There was pre-game hype and then it released. I don't think I've seen one impression on it. Was it any good?

Maybe he wants different kind of fan service.

Orgen

I think Doom runs alright on a 750ti which is similar performance wise to a 950m. MGS V ran on my old ass 560ti better than on consoles it should run better on your laptop too. I think I had a consistent 60FPS on a mix of medium and high at 1920*1080. Those are both incredibly well optimized games I wouldn't worry in either instance.

Many thanks for your answer! I'll probably buy both games on Steam next time they are on sale :) Do you know if Hitman would have a good performance too? (that's why I wanted a site, to not bother steamgaf for each game that I have some interest in playing).

Ozium

I paid 20 dollars for gamepump and still have not received any confirmation email other than my receipt and this was after the guy on twitter said they 'fixed paypal confirmations'

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom