• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Which game should get the honor:

BkWrpoq.png

And yes, I have bad rats

You have Huniepop?

Kudo

How often does Xseed games go on sale on Steam? Urge to play Xanadu Next rises day by day but can't bring myself to get it at full price (yet), as their games are discounted fairly often on PSN.
Here's hoping winter sale offers me redemption.

yuraya

Already starting to see tremendous deals on Titanfall 2. That didn't take long at all.

Kinda wish EA would just put it in Origin Access already ;)

Tizoc

How often does Xseed games go on sale on Steam? Urge to play Xanadu Next rises day by day but can't bring myself to get it at full price (yet), as their games are discounted fairly often on PSN.
Here's hoping winter sale offers me redemption.
Theyll show up omduring autumn and winter sales methinks

Xanathus

I'd buy Titanfall 2 if they separated the multiplayer and single-player into separate packages and let you purchase them separately and priced them accordingly.

Regginator

Which game should get the honor:

BkWrpoq.png

And yes, I have bad rats

Any of the Shadowrun games. I see you only have Dragonfall DC (which also happens to be the best), but Shadowrun Hong Kong would still be an amazing 1000th game.

You also don't have Morrowind and Mass Effect 1, out the top of my head.

Knurek

Is there a reason why you recommend Gunthro and not Tendry's Tale? The former is easier but it is the same gameplay, right? I am a bit lost as there is even another DROD game planned for release this year.

Gunthro (and it's DLCs) are pure puzzle games with manually designed rooms/puzzles.
Tendry is a roguelike spin-off with random generation.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that at least half of that refunded the game, until Arkane/Bethesda fix it.
Ppl should stop pre-ordering broken games.

The Catch-22 in that statement is that you don't know if the game will be broken before release. Bethseda's new review policies make it tougher to find out as well. Since only approved coverage will get out. You can make very obvious educated guesses that anything coming out with an open world is very likely to be somewhat janky, but to what degree it's impossible to say.

The only sensible course of action is stop pre-ordering alltogether. Wait for the first sales or for a few months after release to play anything. That's how you break the cycle of crappy ports. Don't play them.

Uzzy

Even if you watch all the pre-release footage from Twitch streamers and YouTubers, any bugs or performance flaws can be be explained away with those three magic words that make every worry dissolve away: Day One Patch.

Regginator

Man, the Dishonored 2 numbers aren't encouraging =/

http://steamspy.com/app/403640

Not trying to sound cold hearted, but that's "good" news for us. Could mean a fast sale for it. Seeing as how Bethesda's the publisher, I hope it follows something like Doom (which did sell pretty well), that one was -50% in, like, 3 months or so.

The Catch-22 in that statement is that you don't know if the game will be broken before release. Bethseda's new review policies make it tougher to find out as well. Since only approved coverage will get out. You can make very obvious educated guesses that anything coming out with an open world is very likely to be somewhat janky, but to what degree it's impossible to say.

The only sensible course of action is stop pre-ordering alltogether. Wait for the first sales or for a few months after release to play anything. That's how you break the cycle of crappy ports. Don't play them.
In that case I'd suggest not pre-ordering at all. Just act on the day of release. If there aren't reports of terrible performances and the reviews are good, go ahead and buy it day 1. Definitely. If not, you can always wait.

I know people who bought Arkham Knight day 1 (June) and didn't play it until December 2015, half a year later, when it was severely patched and actually playable. Prices were down to like $20/25 by that time.

Guys the Microsoft Store is doing $40 controllers for every Xbox pad that isn't the elite. I need a sexy new controller, which do I get?

I really want that pink one. I also like the blue one (that is also best buy exclusive) and the Oh so edgy Gears red one.

I think pink is one of the new ones with blue tooth, right?

I just noticed that unearned Steam achievements aren't shown anymore and the only way to see them and the action required to unlock them is by: "unlocking" them. Since when? No other servcie is doing that, on the contrary, PSN added the possibility to display hidden trophies by clicking on a button if someone wants to see them.

Uzzy

Guys the Microsoft Store is doing $40 controllers for every Xbox pad that isn't the elite. I need a sexy new controller, which do I get?

I really want that pink one. I also like the blue one (that is also best buy exclusive) and the Oh so edgy Gears red one.

cdb756e8-c4fa-4dab-b958-372eab043d4c.jpg._CB308028019__SR300,300_.jpg

I just noticed that unearned Steam achievements aren't shown anymore and the only way to see them and the action required to unlock them is by: "unlocking" them. Since when? No other servcie is doing that, on the contrary, PSN added the possibility to display hidden trophies by clicking on a button if someone wants to see them.

Do you mean achievements for games?
Because as far as I can see, regular achievements are still listed in the achievement list, and hidden achievements are not listed unless you view the global achievement stats for a given game. Which is, unless I'm very much mistaken, how it's been for a long time. Or is this in BPM?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Developers are given the freedom to mark achievements as "hidden". Developers also choose what to write as the description for each achievement.

Like, here is for Borderlands 2:
Some have descriptions, others don't. This is on the "global" page.

On the "personal" page, you see this:
With the "hidden achievements" being the ones from above without descriptions.

It's been this way since like... forever.

You're probably just looking at your own achievements page for a game with all hidden achievements.

Ucchedavāda;224435706 said:
Do you mean achievements for games?
Because as far as I can see, regular achievements are still listed in the achievement list, and hidden achievements are not listed unless you view the global achievement stats for a given game. Which is, unless I'm very much mistaken, how it's been for a long time. Or is this in BPM?

Developers are given the freedom to mark achievements as "hidden". Developers also choose what to write as the description for each achievement.

Like, here is for Borderlands 2:

Some have descriptions, others don't. This is on the "global" page.

On the "personal" page, you see this:

With the "hidden achievements" being the ones from above without descriptions.

It's been this way since like... forever.

You're probably just looking at your own achievements page for a game with all hidden achievements.

Ah I see. I checked the achievemnts for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and some other games and they were all hidden and I thought this was new. It seems some devs choose to make all the achievements for their games hidden. Thanks for the clarification.

Sch1sm

Are you only referring to hidden Steam achievements? Because that's nothing new.

E: Oh, word, l a t e af. Just Google them, though. :")

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How do I use an external HDD that was used on my xbox one on my PC? It isnt detected in my computer or disc management, but it does say "eject external usb 3.0" in the taskbar

EDIT: Found it, it's unallocated but I can't allocate it to anything

edit 2: fixed

Endruen

Ah I see. I checked the achievemnts for The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and some other games and they were all hidden and I thought this was new. It seems some devs choose to make all the achievements for their games hidden.

It's better than the alternative.
I like to check the achievements of games to see which ones I can unlock while playing or to check the usually missable ones, but I've been spoiled by many asshole developers that don't hide the story related ones.

Kudo

I agree. Love my xb1 controller.

Something for each, I think there is no such thing as overrated for controllers.
Played latest DS3 DLC with xb1 controller and definitely prefer DS4, so glad Steam added the functionality now.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine

Ascheroth

If I'm going to buy a new controller it's going to be a DS4 or Steam Controller.
The 360s D-Pad is an automatic dealbreaker for me and while I don't know how the One is in that regard, I actually have more trust in random guys on the internet making unofficial drivers for the PS controllers than I do have in Microsoft.
Though I guess with Valve supporting the DS4 now that's not much of an issue anymore anyway.
Also I grew up with a PS2 controller so I'm kinda biased on that front to begin with : p

Vuze

Maybe it's just me, but I find the PS4 controller vastly overrated.

I would pick the X1 or the WiiU Pro controller over it any day.
Agree. The touchpad would come in handy for Steam BPM and silly games that have a launcher that doesn't respond to gamepad inputs (HELLO SKYRIM) but apart from that, I really don't feel the DS4 at all. So plasticy. But to each their own i guess

Gah, nice! I'm gonna have to remember to grab a Dawn Shadow controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom