• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing Wasteland 2 non-stop these days, and now the timer shows 15 hours, not counting the first 10 hours of playthrough in offline mode last week. It's a pretty solid RPG with decent tactical combat. But sadly it's still haunted with bugs (even gamebreaking ones) in the (supposedly perfect) Director's Cut version. That being said, I guess it's safe to put the game on hold for now and come back later when they've actually fix it.

And now, off to Zesty hype!
or maybe Sword Coast Legends.

Guess Steam has got its "visit" a tad earlier this week.
I think many in here can relate having no job in a certain city but it’s really hard not to feel bad about this... I know there are many searching for a job but also want to have a nice place to live. There is this area in the city that is more calm with green areas but it’s far away from most working places and let’s be real, nobody wants to live near the industrial zone. In some places crime has raised and I’m trying not to think about the tax increase but I’m reaching a point where I don’t know what to do. Pollution levels is also something I need to worry about and I need to have something that can be accessible to everyone but driving at rush hour is crazy. However I’m really glad it finally “clicked” with me and I’m having such a great time in Cities: Skylines. I’m surprised it took so much time but I am finally understanding things better and I can’t wait to improve my city. I know all these problems will go away the more I understand how building a city works but nothing is perfect.
Got me there for a second...
Just finished watching. Apart from really goof visuals, it looks like they managed to pull off satisfying first-person melee combat. Rapier class looks dope.
Did not see that coming. Was honestly expecting Ubi to be the first and soon-ish abandoning their own "platforms" and going back to Steam. Instead of expanding it even more.
Zombie apocalypse is coming. All my years of virtual training will have to show their effectiveness now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I wonder how the finale of LIS is going to play out, they've had a longer time than usual between episodes so I hope they really got time to polish it up.

So I wonder how the finale of LIS is going to play out, they've had a longer time than usual between episodes so I hope they really got time to polish it up.

The newest trailer seems to imply that
Max is going to try and rewind time all the way back to the beginning when she first arrived at Arcadia Bay. It would be a bit of a shame if a full reboot is how they resolved the story.

On a side note, I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter 4 these last couple of weeks and all I can think is how awesome it would be if the series was on PC. Or if Tecmo hadn't dropped the ball so badly on Toukiden Kiwami. Or if the real MH online free to play version was available for everyone. The core of the game seems so simple but it's addictive as fuck and crazy fun to play in multiplayer.

Also the Steam store has been down for a couple of hours now. Fix your shit Valve.

Arthea

Maybe they took their time and the port isn't shitty this time...

heheheheheahahahahha.

what if they did?
That would blow our minds to smithereens

edited: they had a year of working on this one
hopefully

I've been playing Wasteland 2 non-stop these days, and now the timer shows 15 hours, not counting the first 10 hours of playthrough in offline mode last week. It's a pretty solid RPG with decent tactical combat. But sadly it's still haunted with bugs (even gamebreaking ones) in the (supposedly perfect) Director's Cut version. That being said, I guess it's safe to put the game on hold for now and come back later when they've actually fix it.

And now, off to Zesty hype!
or maybe Sword Coast Legends.

Isn't Sword Coast Legends kinda bad? all impressions I've read so far make me not want it.

wanting to make sure...

The Uplay games that are on Nuuvem don't have any region locking now right? I've bought some of those games on there before but they never had the "not available to buy in your country" stuff that they added to pretty much everything for me.

Copons

Yeah, goddamn, I was so happy to finally play the DC after putting on hold the vanilla version several months ago, but I had to stop because I've got a full party and there's a bug with members disappearing when replaced (instead of going back to the citadel, ready to be hired again).
Also thank you, someone from SteamGAF, for your post about this bug that popped up in my Steam activity feed (that one time that loaded in the last week or so) just in time to stop me dismissing Scotchmo to get someone else.

Monk!
If you have trouble in Cities: Skylines, come on over the OT!
It's full of helpful people ready to help your cims find a job in the shadiest industrial area of your city!

Knurek

It just dawned on me that Steam's downtime is probably caused by jaded Japanese Tales fans DDOSing it so that we don't experience Zestiria.

Parsnip

So you need bamco account for the free zestiria dlc? I don't have an account from anything else I don't think. Great, another account.

Dr Dogg

So the storefront goes down just as Ubisoft roll out a new spin on Uplay's social features. Coinkydink? Also at level 39 in their new Club thing I am the king of Uplay it seems.

Maybe they took their time and the port isn't shitty this time...

heheheheheahahahahha.

Even if the best anyone can achieve is a stable 30fps at 1280x720 it would still be streets ahead of the PS360 versions. Though I get the feeling this is going to be the more problematic of the 3 as clearly the development budget wasn't there from the start.

Arthea

So you need bamco account for the free zestiria dlc? I don't have an account from anything else I don't think. Great, another account.

I'm pretty sure you can login there with 4-5 different accounts you already have, at least one of those you should have

Even if the best anyone can achieve is a stable 30fps at 1280x720 it would still be streets ahead of the PS360 versions. Though I get the feeling this is going to be the more problematic of the 3 as clearly the development budget wasn't there from the start.

yeah, as this game is most problematic of all, maybe SE actually tried to make it better.

lemme hope

Dr Dogg

Hmmm. I know it's great to rag on Ubisoft and all but give them credit where it's due Jim. Out of all the AAA pubs at least Ubisoft let their studios go off and make things like Child of Light, Valiant Hearts and Grow Home. That's never happening at EA or Activision.

yeah, as this game is most problematic of all, maybe SE actually tried to make it better.

lemme hope

I'll take a glitchy, slightly fucked and more demanding than it should be mess if it can perform better than my PS3 copy and has all the DLC included. I mean you get to dress up Lightning as Lara Croft! I'll stop enabling these toe rags to spend the least amount possible on ports when FFXII is on PC

Tizoc

Hmmm. I know it's great to rag on Ubisoft and all but give them credit where it's due Jim. Out of all the AAA pubs at least Ubisoft let their studios go off and make things like Child of Light, Valiant Hearts and Grow Home. That's never happening at EA or Activision.

Unravel_cover_art.jpg

Transformers_Devastation_cover_art.jpg

OK the tf game likely doesn't count but Unravel surley does

Hey Dogg, have you tried using the gyro in the Steam controller for fine tune aiming in shooters?

Nzyme32

Steam appears to be dead at lot longer than I've seen in a long time. Someone drunk and yanking all the cables out at Valve or something?

Dr Dogg

Unravel_cover_art.jpg

Transformers_Devastation_cover_art.jpg

OK the tf game likely doesn't count but Unravel surley does

Published by not developed by EA. Let me know when they internally develop something like those.

Hey Dogg, have you tried using the gyro in the Steam controller for fine tune aiming in shooters?

Yes in Borderlands 2 and Mass Effect 3. Works quite well on both but does require to mess about and get the sensitivity of both set up how you like (I have it higher for the track pad and quite low for the gyro). I did want to have one of the triggers to enable the gyro but that's not an option so I went with the left paddle and it flows quite well into gameplay. Anyone who's played Killzone 2 should get an idea of what it can be like except you can fine tune things and it's not always on either.

GaussTek

Yay, Lightning Returns finally on December, but... the game that is likely to sell a lot less from the Trilogy is the one that took more time to port. Great logic there Square-Enix.

Parsnip

Oh, I totally started Life is Strange now that the ep5 is so close. It's been a long time coming.

Does the lip sync get better in later episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom