• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

GO GO POWER RANGERS

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-60572C4ADAC6089B - Taken by Erebus. 1 entrants total.

t1477484650z1.png

Ryne

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chroma Squad -- MB-096601CEC038029F - Taken by laserlaser
5EAQeQ5.png
Assault Android Cactus -- MB-D002EE1B857B7A54 - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Think I screwed up with something, both are steam keys

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher Enhanced Edition GOG -- MB-C76DD1B7F3596F50 - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 8 entrants total.

t1477499932z1.png

Enjoy

Knurek

Anyone taking bets whether Creator Update will be the Windows version that actively blocks Steam, or will that OS function have to wait for Redstone 3?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The Special Edition is being added to eligible accounts manually as Bethesda wants to cease offering it for free after it releases. You have to wait until Valve processes another wave.

Ah I see. I am eligible (I have Legendary ed.) but I guess I'll have to wait.

Isn't it an update?

Steam update or Skyrim update? Because Skyrim is currently deleted.

Yep, looks like it's taking a bit for Skyrim SE to roll out to everyone. A friend of mine is still waiting. Hopefully they'll finish up soon, as not everyone has fast internet and will need some time to download it.

Nzyme32

League of MS Legends?
When is Clippy being added to the rotation?

League is one of the few games not from MS that is on the Windows Store, most likely with a deal in place that grants them exclusion from the Windows Store cut. Obviously MS has to claim it is part of the conversation of League

zkylon

zkylewd
I am jealous since the games occasionally stutters like crap on my PC. So I am getting back to the game that you don't own in retaliation: Fidel will have a proper release.

JYdCJNX.png
i already knew that

i'm hoping i'll steal a copy from the dev himself next week lol

I can't think of any other story-based DLC even 10% as good, in terms of both value and quality.

Like, Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker, is a joke next to it, and that feels like one of the highest-praised story DLCs out there.
yeah i'd probably put it next to the new vegas, the dark souls and the dxhr dlc as my all times favorites

yuraya

The GMG storefront is such a mess on their site. So hard to navigate through and find anything. It used to be so much better wtf where they thinking?

Anyways picked up Revelations 2 so I guess that will be my spooky game for this weekend. I enjoyed the first revelations for what it was so hopefully this one is good too. Might pick up Mad Max or Evil Within later in the week as well as both have good deals there but I'll wait to see what Steam sale has to offer first.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Isn't that... kind of frowned upon by Valve?

Not really, or if it is against some official policy it's never enforced. I've seen developers list these in the news sections for updates, as well as in the Steam discussions in a stickied post. I think I even remember seeing one that had a link to their game's "content restoration patch" in the "About this game" section on their store page.

Either Valve doesn't care, or Valve doesn't have the man-power to enforce anything like that. They are putting up the appropriate "legal disclaimers" before showing the page, so I think legally they're covered on the issue (which seems to be all they really care about lately).

Wok

Humble Store as usual, setting a default price of 100 € for some reason.

Isn't that... kind of frowned upon by Valve?

I imagine Valve is okay if it means more sales:

jjiWCKL.png

By the same dev on Patreon (blurred by myself to make it more thread-friendly):

k45yKk2.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KenOD, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY -- MB-4C1370202B2B9B3B - Taken by Annubis. 44 entrants total.

t1477546256z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom