• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
not sure if i prefer 60 fps witcha 3 on low settings, on 30 fps on high

gameplay in the game is so tedious that i feel like i'm better off getting as much pretty as possible

it doesn't even feel that bad

Pixieking

Banned
Tuesday Maintenance been and gone... No changes to the store this week? Or do people think there'll be some changes when the Halloween Sale goes live?

Tuesday Maintenance been and gone... No changes to the store this week? Or do people think there'll be some changes when the Halloween Sale goes live?

Blizzard and Valve are playing a game of chicken. Who will release first, Steam's store update, or Overwatch's darkest secret, Sombra?

It's a Humble gift link, FYI.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (LurkerPrime, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Technobabylon -- MB-DE50B45CB0B057C3 - Taken by KainXVIII
I forgot to include rules, so be nice.

And please, play this ASAP. It is a god-tier adventure game.
When you say store update, do you mean the redesign? Did they say it was happening soon?

The oft-rumoured redesign, yeah. The word redesign escaped me when I made that post. :/

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

BUY BUY BUY!

Go Ape! Go Ape Ape Ape!

latest

I really can't believe that Spec Ops The line hasn't been claimed from that lightning raffle yet. It is absolutely the best game I've played in the last 5 years bar none. Simply amazing cover shooter.

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gone In November Collector's Edition -- MB-012820696EDFFE13 - Taken by fuzzy123
Veteran Combat -- MB-F81CCB9E5A5A17C4 - Taken by MaxiLive
Tales from the Void -- MB-EEED026C664C9F55 - Taken by texhnolyze

Note: It's just the standard version of Gone in November, no DLC.

Wow, you're right. I didn't expect they'll give it to us pre-release.

12GB only, preloading..

Friend of mine got the PS4 version early and he told me that the game is 33GB. Now I'm wondering why the PC version is a third of that size. Also, the game is apparently a mess on console. 600MB day one patch (for a five year old remaster) and he told me the framerate tanked when he looked at a fire in the prologue section. Plus other classic Bethesda things like people running on the same spot and someone sitting at a table without a chair under them. His first Bethesda game and he's baffled at the quality of the product lol.

Wok

Now I'm wondering why the PC version is a third of that size.

It could just be file compression. It is a compromise between download duration and archive extraction duration. Maybe the PC version can afford file compression CPU-wise.

people weren't kidding when they said the witcha 3 dlc was superb

I am jealous since the games occasionally stutters like crap on my PC. So I am getting back to the game that you don't own in retaliation: Fidel will have a proper release.

JYdCJNX.png

people weren't kidding when they said the witcha 3 dlc was superb

I can't think of any other story-based DLC even 10% as good, in terms of both value and quality.

Like, Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadow Broker, is a joke next to it, and that feels like one of the highest-praised story DLCs out there.

It could just be file compression. It is a compromise between download duration and archive extraction duration. Maybe the PC version can afford file compression CPU-wise.

I'm more inclined to believe it has to do with uncrompressed audio on the console and compressed audio on the PC..

Friend of mine got the PS4 version early and he told me that the game is 33GB. Now I'm wondering why the PC version is a third of that size. Also, the game is apparently a mess on console. 600MB day one patch (for a five year old remaster) and he told me the framerate tanked when he looked at a fire in the prologue section. Plus other classic Bethesda things like people running on the same spot and someone sitting at a table without a chair under them. His first Bethesda game and he's baffled at the quality of the product lol.

Lol, totally in line with their 'no early review copies' policy.

It bodes very well with Dishonored 2 as well.

These games will be a mess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Odds are that the console versions are multilingual whereas the PC version has separate language depots.

Lain

happy birthday!

Again

RITSU

IS

BEST

K-ON!

I know you meant to type Yui and just miss-typed. It happens.

New IndieGala bundle:

The Hump Day Fury Bundle is LIVE - 10 Steam games at only $3.49 | HH on The Real MEGA Bundle -48H left
26 OTTOBRE - BATAMBRA

TIER 1 - Pay $1 and get 3 Games
Space Incident (STEAM) +
Khaba (STEAM)
Minimized (STEAM) +

TIER 2 - Pay $3.49 (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 10 Games
Kung Fury: Street Rage (STEAM)
She Wants Me Dead (STEAM)
Goo Saga - HD Edition (STEAM)
Cranium Conundrum (STEAM) +
Crystal Towers 2 XL (STEAM) +
The Atomy (STEAM)
SparkDimension (STEAM)

Direct link to this Bundle >> https://www.indiegala.com/hump

Xanathus

What do you think of the game overall?
I should start it soon before diving into Xanadu Next and Owlboy.

I've only played the 1st episode but from what I've read about the rest of them it looks like they dumped all the cool scenes into the first episode and the next ones aren't as good. I'll sitll pick the whole thing up on sale.

Corpekata

Banned
What do you think of the game overall?
I should start it soon before diving into Xanadu Next and Owlboy.

Its' good overall.

1 is great all around, great blend of puzzle and story. 2 is a bit odd and can be frustrating, but I liked it overall. It's a bit of a departure because it requires resource management and so perfectionists will be easily frustrated. 3 is solid but short and you can tell by this point the budget was shrinking. 4 is awful, it's almost entirely puzzles, and not even fun adventure game puzzles, but "puzzle room" type of shenanigans that are awkward and slow. 5 is great, the closest to 1 in terms of both play and story.

gdt

Just bought a new mouse, should I get a new mousepad too? I use the mouse on my comfy couch for regular browsing but I have a lap table to wireless comfy couch PC gaming.

Like for real, are more expensive mouse pads better than cheapo ones?

Jawmuncher

Just bought a new mouse, should I get a new mousepad too? I use the mouse on my comfy couch for regular browsing but I have a lap table to wireless comfy couch PC gaming.

Like for real, are more expensive mouse pads better than cheapo ones?

The more expensive ones offer like more room and better glide I think. That's about it.

Odds are that the console versions are multilingual whereas the PC version has separate language depots.

Yeah this seems to be it. I just talked to him and he told me that his EU/PAL version is 10-12GB larger than the NA/NTSC version because of full EFIGS support.

rtcn63

Great I install my GPU and read that EVGA cards have hotspot/VRM/vram overheating issues. The 1060 SC itself may be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom