• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
KCxMXdw.jpg

B-Boy Ryu and Gerudo Valley Chun

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
video games
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-C561C202A1F3A40B - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
5EAQeQ5.png
Assault Android Cactus -- MB-AB2CD5DEFBF6D618 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.

t1477431779z1.png

Monooboe

That is great :) What GPU you have ?

I have the Intel HD 515, it's capable enough to give me around 5-10 fps, 10-15 fps windowed, in CIV6... which I am considering it enough, I mean good reaction time isn't a must haha. Though with graphics scaled back the game just looses so much of it's charm.

Regarding game videos on Steam. I realized I start them and almost always skip to 30 seconds or halfway in looking for gameplay. I don't wait for anything, I just don't want any buffer or build up.

Mikurden

Just realized that the next big Cryptark update has been on the beta branch since October 8.

Funny you should mention this on the heels of the previous comments -- I don't usually watch store videos but the one for this game immediately came to mind because it's really good. It's short and gets right to the point and functions like a cool little in-game mission briefing.

Nzyme32

Regarding game videos on Steam. I realized I start them and almost always skip to 30 seconds or halfway in looking for gameplay. I don't wait for anything, I just don't want any buffer or build up.

Same - unless, I am expecting something story heavy, or there happens to be some awesome music off the bat, or the gameplay is visible from the start

KingKong

CS:GO receives almost no support? Really?

October: 5 updates
September: 6 updates
August: 3 updates
July: 2 updates
June: 5 updates
May: 4 updates
April: 3 updates
March: 5 updates

Maps are getting complete overhauls too, with serious revisions to long-standing designs.

What level of support should it be receiving?

yeah theyve been really good lately. meanwhile the Dota team started messing with the game and pissing people off so it's a fine balance at Valve

played through Episode 1 of Telltale Batman since it's free (for now)...really liked it

deleted my save since I want to go through it again once I actually buy the whole thing (and there's a choice or two I'd change)

Nzyme32

played through Episode 1 of Telltale Batman since it's free (for now)...really liked it

deleted my save since I want to go through it again once I actually buy the whole thing (and there's a choice or two I'd change)

IIRC, the first episode is good but it's been downhill from there

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nothing yet

Steam not shittin the bed yet for me

Was down for about 4 minutes here, signed me out of the website, etc. Now it's working fine. So I guess the "big changes" aren't happening
today

Corpekata

Banned
So D is now published by Night Dive. I guess that means that Console Classics publisher has likely sold their rights to them, which makes sense, they haven't been active in 2016 at all. And Night Dive will probably handle the version a lot better.

Which means we might see like Koudelka and whatnot hopefully.

TAFK

Steam is having trouble connecting to the servers for me. Anyone else? Seems a little late for the maintenance to still be live...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PaulSane, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MegaTagmension Blanc Plus Neptune VS Zombies -- MB-43808BBF590CFBAC - Taken by sixteen-bit. 28 entrants total.

t1477443863z1.png

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BANG BANG BANG! -- MB-DE028CE1E47B94EC - Taken by Kagemusha. 5 entrants total.

t1477441415z1.png

unlocks in 8 days

I have this weird issue with south park, undertale and westerado where the game would stutter for a brief second every few seconds and for the love of god I still haven't found a solution to it

Corpekata

Banned
I have this weird issue with south park, undertale and westerado where the game would stutter for a brief second every few seconds and for the love of god I still haven't found a solution to it

Dunno about Westarado but IIRC the other two are locked to 30 FPS. What refresh is your monitor?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Do you like BUREAUCRACY?

It's been almost exactly three years since they debuted the Clockwork Empires teaser trailer. Now we have yet another Dwarf Fortress inspired PC exclusive to throw on the pile with the likes of Prison Architect, Rimworld, Factorio, and other games that don't count in the great list wars.

xezuru

I am the god of loving dying games. Between Natural Selection 2, Strike Vector, Evolve, Project M, and on a lower end of completely gave up, stuff like Planetside 2 and Tribes: Ascend. Rofl fuck me and my tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom