• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Max

I am not Max
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 13.39 USD
King's Bounty: The Legend 3.24 USD
NecroVisioN 3.24 USD
Freedom Pack 1.87 USD
Trine 4.00 USD

Total 25.74 USD

Ended up buying more than I wanted

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
JWong said:
Some of these sales are repeat.

I am disappoint.

They're all repeats - it's just a collection of the best deals from the whole sale. It's the same thing they did this year on the Christmas sale, to give people who missed out on the "best" deals one last chance.

Volcynika

Final tally for me:

Ziro
FUEL
Cryostasis
NecroVisioN
Call of Duty Pack
Sol Survivor
Sam and Max: The Devils Playhouse
Crysis Complete (Gift for friend)
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Shatter
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
Red Orchestra
Ghost Master
Puzzle Kingdoms
Twin Sector
Flotilla
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Super Laser Racer

and Hawk xSx repayed me for getting him Civ IV a couple months/weeks ago by gifting me DMC4 and Time, Gentlemen Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Pack.

Total: $132.61

Wellllllllll good thing I have a lot of overtime.

John

Bioshock 2 - $11
Ghostbusters - $4
Jericho - $1.60
Left 4 Dead 2 - $7.60
Half-Life - $2
XCOM Collection - $3.74
Shatter - $2.50
Thief 3 - $3
GTA: SA - $4
Madballs - $1.50
Beat Hazard + .m4a DLC - $3.50
Half-Life 2 Episodes - $5
Necrovision - $3.25
Alpha Prime - $1.25
Call of Duty Pack - $30

24 games for $84

well damn

Well I went completely overboard on games this sale. Main reason being that I just got a new PC replacing my old 6 year old dinosaur. Had a lot of catching up to do.

My Steam Sale final haul:

ARMA II
Bioshock 2
Call of Duty Pack
Crysis 2-Pack
Deus Ex 2-Pack
Far Cry 2
GTA IV
Killing Floor
Left for Dead 2
Civ IV: Complete
Street Fighter 4
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Unreal Complete Pack

Won't be complaining about lack of games for awhile, that's for sure.

Anyone tried Avencast or Aquanox?

Anyway, I'll pimp the Chrome bundle for $1.99. It's nothing groundbreaking and a little dated. But I put a couple of hours into it yesterday and I can already tell I will end up finishing it. Great little purchase at $2

Also, the 1C Racing bundle for $5 is a really good value in my opinion. You get 6 games, and sure some of them are a little cheesy, and they're all low budget, but good for a diversion and kids enjoy them if you have any around.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
BrassMonkey1010 said:
Are there any mystery solving point and click adventure games worth getting on steam? I have monkey island on the 360 and like it, but I'm looking for something more realistic.

I've been debating whether or not to get the Sherlock Holmes pack after I heard that Vinny (from GiantBomb) picked it up. The games look pretty cool, but I'm just not sure at $25ish.

llaannccee

My turn

Cryostasis
Beat Hazard
THQ Complete Pack Summer 2010
Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010
Dragon Age: Origins - The Awakening
Tropico 3

LocoMrPollock said:

Anyway, I'll pimp the Chrome bundle for $1.99. It's nothing groundbreaking and a little dated. But I put a couple of hours into it yesterday and I can already tell I will end up finishing it. Great little purchase at $2

Also, the 1C Racing bundle for $5 is a really good value in my opinion. You get 6 games, and sure some of them are a little cheesy, and they're all low budget, but good for a diversion and kids enjoy them if you have any around.
I have been looking at Chrome too, I have their Alpha Prime from some deal last year where it was £1.50 or so, and it's rather good for a cheap shooter. I'll think about it after I play the games I already have tonight.

confused said:
THQ pack is not an option as i already have the Stalker games and Red Faction Guerrilla. And the rest of the games are strategy games that aren't my cup of tea.

So once again, simple question : Metro or AC2, only answer one of those two games please.
I'd say Metro because doesn't AC2 have a draconian DRM that should be protested?

Asparagus

I ended up buying quite a bit, total cost came to £58.76.

DarkStar One
Toki Tori
Puzzle Kingdoms
NecroVisioN
AquaNox
Avencast
Freedom Pack
Devil May Cry 4
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
Beat Hazard iTunes DLC
Beat Hazard
Red Faction Guerrilla
Shatter
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Gothic Bundle
Resident Evil 5
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Second Sight
Men of War
Star Wolves 3 (Gift)
Overlord Complete Pack
Cryostasis

My only regret is Operation Flashpoint... fucking disconnection errors.

John

BuddhaRockstar said:
Did they ever fix the slow-mo in killing floor? Having the game randomly go into slow-mo in a multiplayer game when you're reloading your shotgun or wielding a door shut was incredibly lame.
Well it did that because one of your triggered slo-mo (time has to be constant for everyone)

Lkr

My List:
Borderlands

I want WaW, but the only option is the $30 pack. Contains one game I have, one game that sucks

Zefah said:
I've been debating whether or not to get the Sherlock Holmes pack after I heard that Vinny (from GiantBomb) picked it up. The games look pretty cool, but I'm just not sure at $25ish.

Yeah, I heard him talk about that too and thought it was interesting...I'm surprised there is no stand out game in this genre though.

Narag

Trine
Ghostbusters
Zeno Clash
Resident Evil 5
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Europa Univeralis III + HttT
GTA IV
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
Red Faction: Guerilla
Shatter
The Guild II
The Guild II - Pirates of the European Seas
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
GTA: SA
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Darwinia
Uplink
DEFCON
Multiwinia
Star Wars: Empire at War
Borderlands + General Knoxx DLC
Devil May Cry 4
Beat Hazard
Overlord
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirrior
Broken Sword III: The Sleeping Dragon
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
LeChuck's Revenge.

I know the last two weren't technically part of the sale but the pre-order bonus was great. All told it averaged out to approximately $3.67/game here. No complaints to be had and it'll keep me busy a long while.

Nabs said:
Crap. Why couldn't Episodes from Liberty City sell better than GTA IV :(

Red Faction Guerilla any good?
This. What the hell, Gabe? Now I'm grabbing L4D2 and Novalogic's Combat Flight Sim Pack instead. :D

Almost forgot this:
gaf_24_hours_remain4bykd1p.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LocoMrPollock said:

Avencast is lots of fun. It doesn't have the polish of a high-budget game, but the combat is entertaining. It's definitely worth the asking price.

Blizzard

Banned
Asparagus said:
My only regret is Operation Flashpoint... fucking disconnection errors.
That disappoints me. I got it for a me and a friend, so I hope co-op isn't totally unplayable.

My only planned final day purchase is King's Bounty gold. I look forward to the soundtrack. :D

MDSLKTR

*Click* killing floor aaaand I'm done. I have now 60 games and most of them are waiting to be installed on my new computer in a couple months. Thank you steam. I wish garry's mod was on sale tough.

CoachKevin said:
Do any of you guys ever play around with Garry's Mod?
If you are interested in it, this is the tiem to get it since it almost never goes on sale. It was 50% off once and that is only a $1.69 difference from 33% off.

I wish garry's mod was on sale tough.
It is on sale.

Stitch

Gold Member
Max and the Magic Marker
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Madballs in... Babo:Invasion
Zeno Clash
Puzzle Kingdoms
Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010
Tropico 3: Absolute Power
NecroVisioN
Cryostasis

already had most of the stuff that was on sale

John

Gexecuter said:
Well i feel that feature could have been better implemented, it's not fun welding a door in slow motion.
sure, just invent a method of distorting a single person's perception of time while keeping them in the present and the past at the simultaneously

My list:

Freedom Force Pack.
Gothic Pack. (Despite already having G3 in hard copy)
GRID.
King's Bounty Gold.
Machinarium.
Madballs.
Op. Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.
Port Royale 2.
Trine.
Tropico 3 + Expansion.
Europa: Universalis III.
Commandos Collection.

graywolf323

well unless I decide to buy the Space Rangers Pack here is my final damage

Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Dragon Age: Origins - The Awakening
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
Flotilla
For the Glory
Gothic Bundle
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Hearts of Iron 2 - Complete
Hearts of Iron 3 - Semper Fi
Hearts of Iron III Soviet Infantry Spritepack
Just Cause 2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft
Just Cause 2 Black Market Boom Pack
Just Cause 2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack
Just Cause 2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
Just Cause 2 DLC - Chevalier Classic
Killing Floor - Nightfall Character Pack
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
Puzzle Kingdoms
Sam and Max: The Devils Playhouse
Shatter
Tropic 3: Absolute Power

for $114.72

Bob Tampinha said:
First person to quote me wins a copy of Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

if you'd send it to a friend of mine sure :)

edit: technically I think John beat me since I edited this to quote you so he can have it (wasn't a stealth edit on purpose just didn't want to double post)

Asparagus

Blizzard said:
That disappoints me. I got it for a me and a friend, so I hope co-op isn't totally unplayable.
Co-op is the only reason me and my mate bought it, hopefully you'll have better luck than we did.

NIN90

Gexecuter said:
Well i feel that feature could have been better implemented, it's not fun welding a door in slow motion.

It's only like 3 seconds long. You make it sound like it goes on forever. :lol

graywolf323 said:
there's a sequel coming? :O :D

Outerlight is currently working on one or two titles, which have been called a Bloody Good Time and/or Hollywood Murder Club. Supposedly a sequel to the Ship. It will be released this year and it is being published by Ubisoft, but it most likely won't be using Ubi's DRM scheme. Looks to be a Steamworks title, since the developer has been seen testing the game on Steam for months now.

Was aiming for €40.

€14.99 Mount & Blade: Warband
€7.49 Death to Spies Gold
€6.69 Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
€5.99 The Mawesome Pack
€2.25 Flotilla
€2.00 Shatter
€1.99 Gothic Bundle
€1.90 Flatout: Ultimate Carnage

Let's see...€43.40.
Not too bad. Feel like I probably could have skipped Death to Spies though. Found myself wanting to replay Hitman: Blood Money instead. But I should probably give it another shot, or the sequel at least.

Dambrosi

Banned
My turn to confess, hmm?

Cryostasis
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Dark Void Zero
King's Bounty: The Legend
Plus, to the kind GAFfers who sent me guest passes for Killing Floor and Red Orchestra, thanks again.

Total spent: £12.07

A LOT less than I thought, but some goodies there, and well within my budget.

Welp, seeya at the next sale in December!

Ack. Lots of great deals but I have most of them. Spec's comments:

Red Faction: Guerrilla - $5.00 - You may way to pick up the awesome THQ complete pack instead.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $33.49 - Not the best sale price but it is a relatively recent game.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $9.99 - No Brainer at all if you like strategy games. It has a Mac version.

Borderlands - $10.19 - Has been very popular loot-filled RPG/FPS. Buy in a 4-pack for added savings. All the DLC is also on sale!

Killing Floor - $4.99 - Great and cheap. Buy it. It has a Mac version.

BioShock 2 - $14.99 - Great relatively recent game. Buy 4-pack for added savings. This is a great game, yeah the story isn't as good as BS1 but the dual wielding weapons & plasmids is very nice.

Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack - $11.89 - You may want the complete pack instead. It has a Mac version.

Left 4 Dead 2 - $10.19 - Great game. Buy 4-pack for added savings. If you like FPS games then there is no reason not to own it. Seriously, behind TF2 this is the game I have played most recently.

ARMA II - $19.99 - I wish this was 75% off. If you are really interested in this you might be better off just buying the pack of this and the new game for $50.

Mass Effect 2 - $23.99 - Great deal. Personally I can't pull the trigger on it since I haven't touched the first ME.

Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.99 - $3! Old, but a 85 metascore and only $3.

Trine - $4.00 - $4! for a great fantasy-platformer They should make a Mac version.

Just Cause 2 - $24.99 - Recent game at cut price, I picked it up last night. All the DLC is also on sale!

World of Goo - $5.00 - Look at that 90/100 Meta-critic score! It has a Mac version.

Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.99 - C'mon . . . one of the biggest games of the generation and you won't pick it up for $5? 90/100 Meta-critic. Seriously now. No one can max out the settings but the game runs decent on a modern machine.

I'm going to pick up some games that never hit the daily sale deals like the Rainbow Six pack and Machinarium.

I love/hate these sales. I wish some of my friends gamed on PC, so I could convince them to burn money. My haul follows.

Cryostasis
Lead & Gold
Half-Life
X-Com: UFO Defense
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Shatter
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
P.B. Winterbottom
Borderlands: the Secret Armory of General Knox

$50.93 Total (that's awesome!)

All that for less than Starcraft 2 will cost. Sweet-ass.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
NIN90 said:
It's only like 3 seconds long. You make it sound like it goes on forever. :lol

Yeah it's only 3 seconds of slow mo but still :lol , the problem for me is that slow motion effect happens frequently enough that it gets in the way. Being hit with the slow mo efect when you are running or healing because one of your team mates blew the head of an enemy is something i dislike. Still i love Killing Floor and i should go back to it (once i have a good PC) but i really hope they get rid of the slow motion effect for the sequel.

Top Bottom