• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

darksagus

Kinda disappointed that Dawn of Discovery wasn't one of the daily deals, but at $20 for the gold edition Ill probably pick it up today anyway. That game has had my eye ever since I saw the first screenshots, and I hear it's a pretty good game as well. I can look past the DRM this time.

Tampinha

Serious Sam HD 1 and 2
Max Payne 1 and 2 ( Thanks Azentium)
Tales of Monkey Island
Beat Hazard
Monkey Island 2:Special Edition

Total:$32

Kipe

My only regrets are not picking up Flotilla and Shatter. I was able to finish Trine and Ghostbusters before the sale ended. Hacking away at the backlog before it rots. Ghostbusters was great and Trine was enjoyable despite the fact I don't like puzzle sidescrollers.

Purchased:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Trine
Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell, Overlord II
Birth Of America
Cryostasis
Clive Barker's Jericho
Lead and Gold - Gangs of the Wild West
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Grand Theft Auto IV
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II
The Guild II
The Guild II - Pirates of the European Seas
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2

Mr_Zombie

Audiosurf
Beyond Good and Evil
Devil May Cry 4
Max Payne Bundle
Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
Time Gentlemen, Please!
------
27.79 euro

Not much, but those were the only games I really wanted (my backlog is already huge). I also wanted The Witcher, but GAF told me to wait till the final day, because it could be a daily sale. :(

CryptiK

Whats so Special about this Monkey Island game? I was planning on buying but had no money in my account. I heard its an adventure game but whats so special about this one.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The Witcher: 6.97
EVE Online: 1.99

Total: 8.96

Hell yeah. Hundreds of hours for next to nothing.

Mr_Zombie

CryptiK said:
Whats so Special about this Monkey Island game? I was planning on buying but had no money in my account. I heard its an adventure game but whats so special about this one.

It's a HD remake of Secret of the Monkey Island. And that's it ;)

CryptiK

Mr_Zombie said:
It's a HD remake of Secret of the Monkey Island. And that's it ;)
That seems to tell me a lot :p What was special about the game before the remake? I havent really heard of it before. Probably because I haven't really experienced a point and click adventure game..(dont laugh :()

Peff

CryptiK said:
That seems to tell me a lot :p What was special about the game before the remake? I havent really heard of it before. Probably because I haven't really experienced a point and click adventure game..(dont laugh :()

Well, it's an adventure about a young lad who wants to become a pirate, and you as the player assist him by getting items in the background and solving puzzles with them. For example, a house you want to go to is protected by a pack of dogs, so you have to look for a way to get them asleep, maybe by tainting food and giving it to them. It's mostly dialogue, jokes and puzzles, no action and no dying (except for one place :D).

Ponn

Banned
I blew more than I ever thought I would on STEAM (which originally was $0). I have more games right now on my new laptop then I will be able to play anytime soon.

I probably would have picked up a couple more today if they would have had Company of Heroes or that Sam and Max pack on sale. I held off on Company of Heroes wanting to try the demo and it runs surprisingly well on this computer. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference between this Secret of Monkey Island complete pack is and the one I have been seeing on XBLA for $10 and why this one is worth more even on sale.

RedSwirl

Tell the truth: out of all the games you own through Steam, how many did you actually pay full price for?

I paid full price for nine games, out of 83.

Cryostasis 3.24 USD
Bioshock 2 14.99 USD
Supreme Commander 2 7.47 USD
Zeno Clash 3.75 USD
Flotilla 2.50 USD
Gothic Bundle 1.99 USD
Europa Universalis III: Complete 10.20 USD
Monkey Island Complete Pack 11.90 USD
The Void (ND) 5.00 USD
Red Orchestra 2.50 USD
Shatter 2.50 USD
Winterbottom 2.49 USD
Bioshock (NA) 4.99 USD
Devil May Cry 4 7.50 USD
World of Goo 5.00 USD

Total: $86.02

Who needs to eat for a week?

CryptiK

Peff said:
Well, it's an adventure about a young lad who wants to become a pirate, and you as the player assist him by getting items in the background and solving puzzles with them. For example, a house you want to go to is protected by a pack of dogs, so you have to look for a way to get them asleep, maybe by tainting food and giving it to them. It's mostly dialogue, jokes and puzzles, no action and no dying (except for one place :D).
Sounds good I guess I'll have to wait til it goes on sale again stupid monies why cant we use peanuts I have many of them >.>

Dambrosi

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Anyone else getting a blank white screen instead of the store showing?
Yup, me too. We killed it, GAF! We killed the Steam Beast!

Tell the truth: out of all the games you own through Steam, how many did you actually pay full price for?

Zero out of 69. Not just from Steam, mind you, but also some real nice Amazon and brick-'n'-mortar store deals.

Audiosurf -2.99$
Borderlands -10.19$
- The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - 3.39$
- Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot - 3.39$
- The Secret Armory of General Knoxx - 3.39$
Overlord Collection - 4.99$
- Overlord
- Overlord: Raising Hell
- Ovelrord II
The Void - 4.99$
Thief: Deadly Shadows - 2.99$
Torchlight - 4.99$
Zeno CLash - 4.99$

Roughly 46$

To prevent myself from amassing a backlog of ridiculous proportions I try to limit the price range of the games I purchase during Steam sales. Before Borderlands I tried to limit myself to 5$ a game.

vocab

Ponn01 said:
I'm still trying to figure out what the difference between this Secret of Monkey Island complete pack is and the one I have been seeing on XBLA for $10 and why this one is worth more even on sale.

Tales of Monkey Island is an Episodic TellTale adventure game series that takes place after the 3rd or 4th game. Totally different than the one on 360. Hell I don't even think it is on 360.
Secret of Monkey Island is the original Ron Gilbert Lucas Arts adventure game. This is on the 360.
LeChucks Revenge is the Sequel to Secret of Monkey Island

Suairyu said:
Everyone make recommendations for games that haven't been daily deals but are still at such a low price they are a steal!!

Good idea. Here are some:
Kings Bounty ~$3
THQ Complete $50
TellTale Complete $50
Garry's Mod 33% (It never goes on sale.)
Toki Tori $2.50
Bad Rats (silly indie physics game but I got $0.95 of fun out of it.)
Puzzle Kingdom (IdbuyTHATforaDollar.gif)
Introversion Complete pack for ~87% off! (Defcon, Darwinia, Uplink, Multiwinia)
Call of Duty Pack $30
Any 1C game that you are interested in since they are 75% off.
All the Codemasters Racers . . . consider the pack.
Machinarium

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit! Killing Floor is a lot of fun. What a great deal at $5

Easy_D

never left the stone age
GAF, is Bioshock 2 worth it? I liked the first but I quit playing it near the end due to the end part being horrible.

Similar length?

Fuck! I missed out on Serious Sam HD: Double Pack @ $7.50. I already have the first one and didn't want to pay $7.50 for one of the games I already owned. I was hoping they'd either have the 2nd one on sale for $5 today or at the very least, do another repeat of the double pack, so I could just grab the 2nd one for $7.50. Grrrr....

UrbanRats

NIN90 said:
Killing Floor for one is fun...
So, i've read a few write up on KF and seems more about defending the position, rather than going from A to B.
sounds fun, but i'm not sure if i'll get it, i have a few indie games left to buy and not that much budget left :p.

vocab

Easy_D said:
GAF, is Bioshock 2 worth it? I liked the first but I quit playing it near the end due to the end part being horrible.

Similar length?

Just skip it, and go download System Shock 1 and 2.

NIN90

UrbanRats said:
So, i've read a few write up on KF and seems more about defending the position, rather than going from A to B.
sounds fun, but i'm not sure if i'll get it, i have a few indie games left to buy and not that much budget left :p.

Now would be the best time to get it since there is a ton of new gaffers.

Easy_D said:

Similar length?

Bioshock 2 isnt nearly as good as Bioshock 1. Complete Bioshock 1 and never play bioshock 2.

John

Easy_D said:

Similar length?
I like it, but the PC version's got some serious mouse sensitivity issues that make it barely playable. And the 360 controller isn't supported because they "wanted to focus on perfecting the mouse and keyboard controls," paraphrased. What a joke.

RedSwirl said:

zéro/83 (really 80 or less because of Civ IV Mac copies).

Bought a bunch of stuff including 4-packs of Bioshock 2, L4D2, and Borderlands. Thanks to all that made smooth transactions with those 4-packs.

Truespeed

John said:

Guru_meditation.gif

NIN90 said:
Now would be the best time to get it since there is a ton of new gaffers.

seems like for awhile there everyone was playing KF but it's gone down, I hardly see anyone playing anymore.

I'm always down for L4D/2 or KF, my name is electricblue on steam

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
RedSwirl said:

Zero

Half Life Platinum Pack: 10$, when I picked up Counter Strike in the early 2000's.
Orange Box: 25$, Best Buy's Black Friday Deal
L4D: 20$, Amazon's Black Friday Deal
Plant vs Zombie: 5$ Weekly Steam Sale
THQ Pack: 50$, Last time it was on sale
Star Wars Kotor: 2.50, Weekly Sale
Last Remnant: 9.99, Weekly Sale
Torchlight: 9.99, Right before the Christmas Sale when they had it for 5$. Not making the same mistake twice and buying their next title for anything more.
Killing Floor: 9.99, First day of Christmas sale, I didn't want to wait.
Jedi Knight Bundle: 9.99, First day of Christmas Sale.
Audiosurf/Defense Grid: 2.50 a piece, Christmas sale.
Max Payne collection: 2.50, Christmas Sale
Civilization 4, 13.59, Christmas Sale
Trine, 5$ Christmas Sale
EvE Online, 1.99, Summer Sale.

I had some high 50 titles before they added in all the mods.

ipukespiders said:
Bought a bunch of stuff including 4-packs of Bioshock 2, L4D2, and Borderlands. Thanks to all that made smooth transactions with those 4-packs.
May I get in that 4-pack of L4D2? Or are all the slots taken?

As I'm looking to join a 4-pack of L4D2 , I can paypal the $7.65 USD. PM me if interested.

Dambrosi

Banned
vocab said:
Just skip it, and go download System Shock 1 and 2.
If you can get them running, that is. :D

But I'd agree, both System Shocks are better than both Bioshocks. That said, that doesn't make the Bioshocks bad, just...lesser.

Polk

During Sale i bought
Bioshock 2
Left 4 Dead 2
THQ Complete Pack
Galcon Fusion
Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City
Shatter
Mata Hari
Borderlands (+DLC)

Top Bottom