• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

the heavy bullets 25% coupon stacks, despite what someone said earlier... I just tried it.

total comes to $6.37 with the coupon added... Worth the price? or wait for a sale? I enjoy fps roguelite dungeon crawlers but have many to play now.. this has been wishlisted but is it like omg must have or is it wait til a sale material?

much thanks

Tellaerin

At this point I'm just glad DC got acknowledged.

It's a step in the right direction, definitely.

I know a lot of folks will probably hate me for this, but I really liked the more action-oriented direction of DC2, and I'd love to see a fully-3D sequel in that vein using the RE6 engine. >.>

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Man the control for Resident Evil 4 is so clunky. Turning feel like a chore. :/

Despite the Wii version looking like you'd expect it to look (like garbage), I still prefer it for it's controls.

aku:jiki

Gotta love that idlemaster tho. I started it last night because I knew Iron Fisticle had cards, but I had no idea I'd be getting cards for Defense Grid 2 and Dragonfall DC too! Always nice to wake up to 10 new items in my inventory.

Shadownet

Banned
I'll buy it and you can watch how scary it is when I stream without commentary :p

Haha I will look forward to it :) I managed to sell some of my CSGO skins. Now I got enough money to buy a full game. I'm debating on whether I should save it for Batman Arkham Knight or Metal Gear Solid V in case either of them get region locked. *knock on wood*
Please don't Gaben

Despite the Wii version looking like you'd expect it to look (like garbage), I still prefer it for it's controls.

I might try and use my DS4 and see if its any better. Turning feel slower than when you're aiming your gun. which its just weird trying to get used to two different sensitivity setting. (You can only change one from the menu)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Coupons.

2x Heavy Bullet
1x Cloudbuilt

Almost:

2x Heavy Bullet
1x The Raven - Legacy of the Master Thief

That's all you guys got? They threw 11 of these things at me!

4x The Raven - Legacy of the Master Thief 75% off
3x Heavy Bullets 25% off
2x Cloud Chamber 50% off
1x Memoria 75% off
1x Iron Fisticle 25% off

I might go in for the Heavy Bullets deal if I can get the coupon to stack as mentioned earlier (bug? Doesn't seem to work when I try), anyone wants some of the others feel free to ask.

EDIT: Looks like it does stack suddenly, just had to remove the game from my cart and put it back in!

Haha I will look forward to it :) I managed to sell some of my CSGO skins. Now I got enough money to buy a full game. I'm debating on whether I should save it for Batman Arkham Knight or Metal Gear Solid V in case either of them get region locked. *knock on wood*
Please don't Gaben

I might try and use my DS4 and see if its any better. Turning feel slower than when you're aiming your gun. which its just weird trying to get used to two different sensitivity setting. (You can only change one from the menu)
I'd save it for MGSV, Batman is a really long time from now.

Jawmuncher

It's a step in the right direction, definitely.

I know a lot of folks will probably hate me for this, but I really liked the more action-oriented direction of DC2, and I'd love to see a fully-3D sequel in that vein using the RE6 engine. >.>

Anyone who liked DC2 more than DC1 wants exactly that. I know I do.

Why won't my Heavy Bullets stack? I've added it to my cart like 10 times now. This is bullshit, I'm the one actually interested in playing it! :mad:

Arthea

FF13 broke steam? I thought volvos are tougher than that
I'm confident this joke wasn't overdone yet (><)

There was update this night, wasn't it? steam was so snappy for a moment it was scary. How are we even going to adjust to no waiting if it'll continue?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Might as well.

ZaaDStm.png

Coupons can be stacked?? Gosh.. I wonder what the price would be if you stack 4 of that The Raven coupons.

Well, stacked onto the current discount I should say. There's a 15% discount active right now, plus the 25% on the coupon.

aWjBgQq.png

This isn't usually the case, and in fact the coupons given earlier didn't allow this.

Why won't my Heavy Bullets stack? I've added it to my cart like 10 times now. This is bullshit, I'm the one actually interested in playing it! :mad:

If you can't get it to work, I wouldn't mind helping you out if you Paypal me the cost.

Ozium

hey man I'm interested too.. tht's why I looked at the coupon and noticed it didnt have the disclaimer.. I then added it to my cart and at checkout it applied the 25 percent off to the sale price 6.87 usd total for me iirc edit: 50c cheaper than I tought oohhhhhhh ya

still havent pulled the trigger tho

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, stacked onto the current discount I should say. There's a 15% discount active right now, plus the 25% on the coupon.

aWjBgQq.png

This isn't usually the case, and in fact the coupons given earlier didn't allow this.

Coupons earned via badge crafting never stack atop a pre-existing discount. The opposite is generally true of those given out as rewards, as is the case here.

I live in one of the european countries in the worse economical state, with the average income being pretty darn low, yet I have to pay, most of the times, what the most sucessful and high income countries do. Fuck that noise. And shit, there's countries in even worse state than mine and they also pay the same.

The issue is not about the games you can buy, heck you have over a thousand right? But the games you can't buy on PC.

Publishers have a choice to make about publishing on PC or not. That isn't hypothetical, we have seen the platform passed over time and again over the years. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, russian key trading is going to be a bigger problem as we move forward.

More people = more people trying to cash in on it = easier ways to do it.

Sure make your money while you can, but how do you think it is going to end up? People ignoring when it is so easy to buy cheap games, a crack down on region locking or games simply not coming to PC because of the effect it has on sales? I suggest it'll be the two latter case. Assuming the console market remains, publishers will want to protect their sales on those controlled platforms. If everybody is buying their games at launch for 2 keys and a button then that isn't going to happen.

I believe it is an unsavory element that steam gaf at least should do without. Regional pricing is not ideal as it stands and I'm well aware of that as an Australian. But publishers are clearly doing this for reasons and without them we simply do not get games.

Arthea

why everybody is buying heavy bullets again?

it's been on my wishlist since I first heard of it and I like fps dungeon crawlers/roguelites and the psychedelic colors are my jam
so such people do exist!
I was wondering why games able to bleed my eyes dry are being made, now I know who to blame

to todd
People will use any way around to get things cheap, no amount of arguments or talk can change that. There are those that need things to be cheaper, and there are others that will go out of they way to save $1, even if they could make $2 in twice less time they used to get that $1 off.

Thanks! It appears to be working now, though, finally. Steam being weird after the impressive hax earlier, I guess.

But now I'm hesitating because I can feel the "is going to be in a bundle soon because Devolver eventually puts everything on Humble" tingling in my fingers.

so such people do exist!
I was wondering why games able to bleed my eyes dry are being made, now I know who to blame
It's not the game's fault that your eyes are broken. The color selection actually blends and gels really well in that game.

But publishers are clearly doing this for reasons and without them we simply do not get games.
I'm sorry but get outta here with that "won't someone please think of the corporations" nonsense. Their "reasons" are plain and simple fucking greed and you're asking us to sympathize with that? Hell no.

Knurek

"From a technical standpoint, you look at the architecture of the Xbox One and there are some similarities to the architecture of a modern PC," Ayoub said. "That certainly makes that sort of cross-platform development easier. But beyond that the ease goes away. Master Chief Collection is massive. We have to coordinate four games, 100-plus maps, a lot of new cinematics, and Halo 2 Anniversary."

hehehehe
Sure, some similarities, sure...

Shadownet

Banned
I just wandered into NFL-GAF because I wanted to see everyone reaction to the Bucs vs Falcons game.

Lol I did not expect the Taxi Cab Confession. Oh god.

Dr Dogg

Well I see Nvidia has whipped up some folks into a hypnotic trance. Another forum I kick around in the members buy and sell section is loading up with 780's and 780ti's. I'm half tempted to pick up a Titan Black if one pops up at a nice price.

Probably yes

FF13 got Full audio for both English and Japanese. Does it mean we will get the Japanese voices too?
http://i.imgur.com/umW45Su.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

Well one of the mods on Steam Community created and pinned a thread in the discussion section. Good to see those with mod powers on Steam using it for good.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/613936673353900563/[/url]

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Soooooooo they'd still need to VPN it and afterwards play offline so they can have access to the JP dub?

That or use the steam_appid.txt trick, yeah. Playing while connected to a VPN is also a possibility, of course; TunnelBear is free and has servers in Japan sans session limits, but there is a monthly usage limit of 500MB.

Xanathus

Well I see Nvidia has whipped up some folks into a hypnotic trance. Another forum I kick around in the members buy and sell section is loading up with 780's and 780ti's. I'm half tempted to pick up a Titan Black if one pops up at a nice price.

Well one of the mods on Steam Community created and pinned a thread in the discussion section. Good to see those with mod powers on Steam using it for good.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/discussions/0/613936673353900563/
I imagine the reason they split out the voices is because of licensing issues, where they have to pay royalties on every single copy sold with the JP voices so they want to minimize the number of copies sold with those voices, I recall reading that Japanese voice licensing is ridiculously cut throat and they demand insane prices for their royalties.

Tizoc

I imagine the reason they split out the voices is because of licensing issues, where they have to pay royalties on every single copy sold with the JP voices so they want to minimize the number of copies sold with those voices, I recall reading that Japanese voice licensing is ridiculously cut throat and they demand insane prices for their royalties.

All that just so someone's voice is heard in another country. I know I've greatly simplified it, but think about sentence and you'll realize how ridiculous the situation itself is.

Xanathus

All that just so someone's voice is heard in another country. I know I've greatly simplified it, but think about sentence and you'll realize how ridiculous the situation itself is.
Well the reasoning for the high royalty prices for the Japanese VO is because they only expect their products to be purchased by Japanese so they price it according to their sales predictions in Japan so the prices need to be higher with less sales.

Dr Dogg

Pretty much. From what I understand like you say it's a very complicated situation and one why there is next to never dual audio tracks on console released RPGs out of Japan, or most games full stop (I've used to have a Japanese copy of MGS before coming round to Hayter's charms). Though as Durante mentioned in the announcement thread it's on PC it's not like it's impossible to mod in. Though legal obtaining the audio files is the only major issue I see. I wonder if this will get a physical release in Asian territories?

Tizoc

Well the reasoning for the high royalty prices for the Japanese VO is because they only expect their products to be purchased by Japanese so they price it according to their sales predictions in Japan so the prices need to be higher with less sales.

There are various games released on the PS Vita, at least, that have dual audio, but are priced fine within the $40 range. We got Senran Kagura releasing soon on Vita and that'll have JP dub too. ...and these titles would sell at best 10K per title.

Deques

There are various games released on the PS Vita, at least, that have dual audio, but are priced fine within the $40 range. We got Senran Kagura releasing soon on Vita and that'll have JP dub too. ...and these titles would sell at best 10K per title.

Maybe those voice acting studios have cheaper royalties

kiyomi

Man the control for Resident Evil 4 is so clunky. Turning feel like a chore. :/

That's what makes it unique, it builds tension by not completely empowering you. If you could supersprint and dodge roll and run-n'-gun, the game would lose half of its' excitement.

It's not clunky, you're just approaching it like a typical TPS, which it isn't.

Tizoc

Maybe those voice acting studios have cheaper royalties

Japan be trying to make the big bucks out of the big name titles lol.
Wonder how they managed to get away with it with fighting games like BB and SF though.
I'm somewhat glad that Norio Wakamoto doesn't seem to want a lot for his royalties (he voices Dracula in the Dracula X Chronicles which is on PSN and Dictator in the SF games).

I'm sorry but get outta here with that "won't someone please think of the corporations" nonsense. Their "reasons" are plain and simple fucking greed and you're asking us to sympathize with that? Hell no.

It doesn't really matter if you sympathise with them or not. You can take the attitude that they are being greedy, but that doesn't help you buy a game that isn't actually released on PC.

Haunted

Idlemaster doing work after every bundle purchase *salutes

Messes up the time played, but that's a small price to pay.

Has anyone actually played hack n slash in here? Is it possible to complete that game without knowing a thing about Lua scripting? I don't know if I should...

Sendou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Heavy Bullets -- MB-D479EF84AB11CA6F - Taken by WinterDemons. 18 entrants total.

t1411126108z1.png

dot

That's odd, I took you for more of a Sasuke lover.

I knew someone was gonna make that joke. Eww...Saucekay? Heck no.

hinata4lyfe

ffix is the best goodbye

You have now been forgiven for calling me a scrub.

Of course they did. Still, having Shinra in a partnership with Avalanche seems ill advised.

And what's next? A VR platform called Exdeath?

Esdese sounds way better. :<

yes i realize these responses are very late :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom