• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

kOC4MEj.gif

Thanks, Jim.

You just clicked on the free test, right?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Tried playing the second episode of Hitman 2016. Wow, the size of Sapienza is... overwhelming.

If you get lost, you can always ask a helpful local for directions by throwing a fire extinguisher at their head.

Amzin

Add Pharaoh Rebirth+ to my list of disappointing recommended games. People say it's a metroidvania but it isn't, it's a mediocre Mega Man / Donkey Kong Country hybrid-clone. Everything about it is just worse than it could be, the controls, the fights, the exploration, the STUPID CAR LEVEL holy crap. The writing is pretty decent but so far every level is worse than the last one design-wise and fun-wise so it's really hard to be motivated to keep playing.

Unless it really gets amazing after the first half, I don't understand how it has so many positive reviews. There are dozens of similar games on Steam I would rather play again than finish this.

Edit: I feel like I've ended up negatively reviewing a lot of my single-player games this year. Some of them I'm shocked are well liked. I can almost see the appeal of Pharaoh but it's just worse than every other game in the rough platformer-with-upgrades genre I've played, easily. Since it's more obscure I assume these people have to know about the more mainstream ones but maybe not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been working on cleaning up this code enough now to where I actually have something to show. Unfortunately I'm going to have to get some sleep and wait for my account's cooldown to reset:

With this new feature, users can select "Activate Multiple Products" on this page to do just that:
ZG5qGZ8.png

Which will bring up this dialog. Already entered keys will be carried over here and parsed by commas. This will be important for integration with my ActivateOnSteam extension.
myGmRub.png

When you hit "Activate products" Enhanced Steam will register each key in sequence then show you the results.
rIWovoQ.png

It still needs quite a bit more testing and it's obviously hitting on some new and very undocumented APIs, but I think this will make activating multiple keys at once much easier than it was previously.

Nzyme32

This is petty and hilarious. And if what they say is true then JimFuckingSterlingSon must be thrilled that he is inadvertently doing marketing for them.

What I like here is that this is what Jim has always done but claims doesn't happen. While being informative he also markets the products of his videos even when absurdly critical - that's just the nature and variability of the views, some will go to troll and be negative about an issue or product, others actually end up checking the thing out for kicks. With greenlight stuff and trash was the same issue

Pixieking

Banned
Asked in the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, but may as well ask here...

Anywhere cheaper than CDKeys for Destiny 2 standard edition digital key?

Wok

On my first attempt of the day, I managed to arrive to the boss of the Coliseum. I lost to it though.

Edit: Apparently, spamming the attack button (spoiler video) would have worked against the boss. Damn...

Tizoc

Yeah the BFG ammo was rather useless in the game since you got it by the end game XP
Still you could use it for the final parts of the Scorcher DLC.
I think my most used go to weapons were Rocket Launcher and Shotgun. I'd witch to the assault rifle from time to time too.

One is a game reviewer with whose opinion you may or may not agree with.
The other is a quasi-criminal organization ripping of both developers and people who had their CC info stolen.
Yeah, they both are equally awful. /s

Jim Sterling gave Fallout 4 a 9.5 and praised the romances in that game. He's much worse than credit card thieves imo.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Pics of Obsidians cancelled game "Stormlands"

This, Aliens: Crucible and a Deus Ex title, whyyyyyyyyyyy

What's up with all the Obsidian stories lately?

I feel like I should be worried. I wonder if they're shopping themselves out to be bought and this part of the push or something.

Edit:

Currently, however, Obsidian's hands are full, the 175-person studio occupied across four and a half projects: the Tyranny expansion, Pillars of Eternity 2, a small Pathfinder card game, a small idea the studio is "spinning up" and a considerable something else. And I'll tell you a bit more about that next week as well.

Disclaimer: Travel and accommodation for this trip was provided by Paradox Interactive.

Ahh, maybe I shouldn't worry. My first thought is World of Darkness game. Maybe I should be excited.

Uzzy

I feel like I should be worried. I wonder if they're shopping themselves out to be bought and this part of the push or something.

Edit:

Ahh, maybe I shouldn't worry. My first thought is World of Darkness game. Maybe I should be excited.

Yeah, I think the coverage is just Obsidian opening themselves up to journos with stories of old projects, in exchange for the scoop on their new project. Easy way to get some good coverage.

Edit:

It seems to be all eurogamer, probably just a series of articles. The studio tour did show that something very significant outside of pathfinder and Pillars II is going on. Fergus didn't seem worried at all.

JarrodL

Jim Sterling gave Fallout 4 a 9.5 and praised the romances in that game. He's much worse than credit card thieves imo.

Playing F4 right now, and it's not nearly as terrible as SteamGAF would have had me believe, if I was foolish enough to blindly trust what I read (I've long since made it a rule to try things that look interesting for myself).

I like the possibility of romances too, come at me bro.

Lain

Valkyria Chronicles was fun... until chapter 7.

thats where I stopped and never went back, back on PS3 heh

I still remember people going about that mission beating them black and blue back in the PS3 days, so when I got to it with the only knowledge being the warnings of other players about the mission being difficult, I was wary, but in the end it felt way easier than advertised.

Selvaria
coming in and killing people is an issue if you leave them in line of sight
with her
. The map offers various places to break line of sight, not only as part of the level but the tank itself breaks line of sight if I remember right, as I remember circling it with my tank buster group to keep them alive. Some characters can be used as bait to force
Selvaria
to go after them, because as far as I remember
she'll go after the ones closer to her
. Use orders as see fit to make everything a bit easier.

I feel like squad placement, good use of the scouts before the storm (there was a storm too in this mission right?), hugging the tank when the time comes, baiting to exploit the ai and los breaks help making it easier.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still remember people going about that mission beating them black and blue back in the PS3 days, so when I got to it with the only knowledge being the warnings of other players about the mission being difficult, I was wary, but in the end it felt way easier than advertised.

Selvaria
coming in and killing people is an issue if you leave them in line of sight
with her
. The map offers various places to break line of sight, not only as part of the level but the tank itself breaks line of sight if I remember right, as I remember circling it with my tank buster group to keep them alive. Some characters can be used as bait to force
Selvaria
to go after them, because as far as I remember
she'll go after the ones closer to her
. Use orders as see fit to make everything a bit easier.

I feel like squad placement, good use of the scouts before the storm (there was a storm too in this mission right?), hugging the tank when the time comes, baiting to exploit the ai and los breaks help making it easier.

I never really read about it back then. I think I failed a few times and then...lost interest? I was liking the game but I must have been playing something else at the time aswell or something because I just simply never went back, I know I never really read what was up with it, dunno why.

Pachael

Another work in progress, inspired by the latest Humble Bundle. But these numbers are from BEFORE the launch of that bundle.

E6TlC9C.png

A few notes:

- Sakura Clicker was removed because it's F2P.
- Sakura Space is under Sakura Shrine Girls.
- Sakura Agent and Sakura Magical Girls didn't have a Userscore yet. Both are slightly under 10k.

Other than Sakura Spirit as the outsider, the graph seems to imply that the games with a higher userscore sell more which seems mostly right. Revenue's another matter though, but anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom