• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ripped my PS2-disc for use with PCSX2 but I'd rather get a well-functioning PC-version.

Me too. I mean, most of the games I want... I can already emulate them for most part. But I prefer a native game running. It's also better for weaker devices such as GPD Win.

The coupon for Cuphead is 20CUPHEAD, I think it's valid for all people.
I'm still annoyed that I haven't seen ANY promotional emails in the meantime, including some more pubg coupons for more irl friends. I even removed and enabled my subscription again. That's why I haven't even touched GMG since like June.

I'm still baffled by those who claim they need to wade through trash to find anything good that's come out on Steam. Looking at the new releases tab it's still showing Ys VII and Absolver from August.

But the games that have released since then that never showed up on the front page are making it impossible to find anything...

Tizoc

Scorchers DLC for RAGE isn't all taht great. I really hate fighting Mutants, and even on Easy various enemies remain tanky/bullet sponge-y

yuraya

Wow so LA Noire remastered is gonna cost 40$. And Switch version 10$ more. I bought the game for like 4$ on Steam sale more than 3 years ago. And it takes like a minute to install the 60fps mod nor do PC gamers have to wait until November to play it. The whole remastered rebuy shit is so terrible and anticonsumer this gen for console gamers.

PC stays winning. Long live backwards compatibility!

Scorchers DLC for RAGE isn't all taht great. I really hate fighting Mutants, and even on Easy various enemies remain tanky/bullet sponge-y
So you went to easy? Scorchers was only annoying on those arena fights for me on normal. Jackals are worse on the main game.

header.jpg

I really hope this is handled in house this time.

Ludens

Banned
Wow so LA Noire remastered is gonna cost 40$. And Switch version 10$ more. I bought the game for like 4$ on Steam sale more than 3 years ago. And it takes like a minute to install the 60fps mod nor do PC gamers have to wait until November to play it. The whole remastered rebuy shit is so terrible and anticonsumer this gen for console gamers.

I agree with you. The only worthy remasters are those which make available on several platforms previously unavailable games, like REmake, RE0, Grim Fandango, Day of the tentacle etc.

I think Sony really didn't implement backward compatibility on PS4 just to sell remasters...I mean, of course there's a cost, but Cell isn't so expensive like it used to be years ago.
Last of Us Remastered is still expensive as hell in stores, GOW 3 Remastered is still 40€, is insane. I would agree if those remasters were priced "right", but they are not, just a cheap way to make quick bucks.

Knurek

This is pretty much a bullet hell platformer. Even a few minute session is enough to give you a massive adrenaline boost.
Also, is this the first FPS game with great platforming?

Zeknurn

I have yet to receive an email from GMG even though I signed up for their newsletter like 6 months ago.

Their loss tbh.

Popstar

After some testing I found the issue by luck.

Display is duplicated to projector, the projectors shows 1080@60Hz when launching Momodora.
Game stutters twice every second in full screen mode and at 49-53fps, 1x-3x run fine.

Display extended to second monitor, primary set at 1080p@120Hz.
Game runs locked at 60FPS.

So something seems to be off when running fullscreen in duplicate mode, not sure how to fix this or if I should contact the developer.
Another thing to check is if your displays are all running at the same colour depth.

Part of me is really surprised that Rockstar isn't (as of now) going to delist the current LA Noire on steam and throwing the Remastered up there so they can charge more for it when November comes around since it would technically be a new version of the game.

Have.....to curb....my spending......have to many games.....but......don't think I can resist......

Grief.exe

Part of me is really surprised that Rockstar isn't (as of now) going to delist the current LA Noire on steam and throwing the Remastered up there so they can charge more for it when November comes around since it would technically be a new version of the game.

That's not even coming to PC right?

Tizoc

So you went to easy? Scorchers was only annoying on those arena fights for me on normal. Jackals are worse on the main game.

Yeah I got fed up with how tanky the enemies were and just wen on Easy. They can still give you trouble if you're not careful but I liked the fact that you can strafe and move around and that it didn't rely on cover.
Thing is the areas you fight in can be pretty narrow or small. If there is ever a sequel, take a page from Doom 2016 and make combat areas bigger or so maneuvering around them isn't frustrating such that you use the environment to protect you or such.

yuraya

Another Steam record broken with 14.75 million concurrent users today. Gaben needs to send PlayerUknown a gift basket. PUBG pretty much driving steam to break records weekend after weekend for nearly a month now. 15 million next week? Probably 16 by years end.

dex3108

Is there anything they need to update? They aren't going to make it run 60fps or fix any bugs.

Considering their "upgrade" of San Andreas, I rather they didn't.

Well we still don't know what they meant by those console upgrades (textures, lighting...) but they probably did improve something and PC won't get any of that.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Else Heart.Break() -- MB-2E8066E46B087F6A - Taken by abelasabel. 4 entrants total.
Rust -- MB-C26FB59603523843 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 5 entrants total.

t1504992481z1.png

That's not even coming to PC right?

Nope just the VR version for Vive.

Another Steam record broken with 14.75 million concurrent users today. Gaben needs to send PlayerUknown a gift basket. PUBG pretty much driving steam to break records weekend after weekend for nearly a month now. 15 million next week? Probably 16 by years end.

How about 100 million users!
Dr-Evil-1-Billion-1.jpg

So it seems the Yakuza AMA on Reddit happened already. Funny how they dodged the PC questions... and how some were downvoted. :")
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/commen...ega_on_yakuza_kiwami_ask_us_anything/dmqsai4/

It was on a PS4 sub reddit, of course some would be downvoted.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I'm still baffled by those who claim they need to wade through trash to find anything good that's come out on Steam. Looking at the new releases tab it's still showing Ys VII and Absolver from August.

But the games that have released since then that never showed up on the front page are making it impossible to find anything...
It's because they're being disingenuous.

Xater

So I really enjoy Arma 3 but even on a new machine the performance is really dodgy. Being frustrated with that I decided to give Squad a shot and holy shit is that game great. Feels really good despite bein gin early access and the performance is just great. Also a real nice communicative community.

Old game from Desperados devs. It's nice to see more old games released in Steam.

Oh wow, that one was hard to find.

yakuza is probably gonna get a port before RDR
giphy.gif

Well we still don't know what they meant by those console upgrades (textures, lighting...) but they probably did improve something and PC won't get any of that.

My guess is the graphics improvements in the pc version already got over the ps3/360 will be the improvements these consoles.

Wok

That's the part I had the most problems with as well. Here's a couple of tricks i found out that helped me get through it:
- Before the first wave, remember to charge an attack, jump up and insta-kill the uppermost enemy as it spawns.
- Try to keep above the enemies and use downward slashes.
- If you end up below them, and as far as I remember the last wave will spawn above you, remember you have a powerful AoE magic that will attack upwards.
- If you have the quick heal charm, when you fall in the spikes you'll spawn in a platform. While that platform is up and during your invincibility frames you can heal twice before jumping off the platform. This means you'll overall heal once (2x heal - 1 damage from spikes).

Thanks. All these pieces of advice worked well, except the last one: it seems that I only have time to heal once. I finally beat that part and then ended up dying just before the boss, again these fools...

I was not using the charm build shown on this screenshot (taken from the Steam guide). I was using a more offensive build with fast heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom