• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Okami trailer being 30fps, Resident Evil HD Remaster and Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster trailers also were 30fps because of the console version, while PC was 60fps.

Nzyme32

Yep insta-buy, and hoping it will allow for higher than 60fps and massive resolutions. 32K please! Definitely great to see it for forward compatibility and some modifications in future, hopefully they can also bring over Okamiden sometime.

Ah and people said it would "never happen". Gonna need a new list of these games soon.

About Okami trailer being 30fps, Resident Evil HD Remaster and Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster trailers also were 30fps because of the console version, while PC was 60fps.

Yeah, hoping it won't be stuck at 30fps. Then again, I think this might be one of a handful of games I could tolerate at 30fps, much like I can handle the sub-30fps of old N64 Zelda games. While painfully obvious, because I have such nostalgia for the games it is somehow bearable. Then again there are games like Goldeneye that I really struggle with now, perhaps because the gameplay mechanics are not suitable for it while the Zelda games are just about okay

FLD

I was supposed to play Ys VIII today. :(

I'm not one to get upset over delays, especially when the game clearly isn't ready, but now my Falcom streak has been broken. Would've been pretty sweet to play Cold Steel, Ys Seven and Ys VIII back to back. But now I have no idea what to play, especially since there's no indication of how long the delay will be.

I guess I could go back to Gurumin and try to finish it. I thought it kinda sucked, though...

I think they have made a mistake, there is no way FM18 and TWW2 are 50% off Oh wait and Sonic Mania, to be fair elsewhere it says games released before July 17, so I am confused why they have listed those.
U4zVaxH.png

Yeah, Sonic Mania isn't getting the coupon's discount for me.

I was trying out an unrealistic overclock while playing Alice MR, hardlocked my computer and when I came back my save file waa gone. How ;-;

Shantom

I think they have made a mistake, there is no way FM18 and TWW2 are 50% off Oh wait and Sonic Mania, to be fair elsewhere it says games released before July 17, so I am confused why they have listed those.
U4zVaxH.png

The games listed are those which don't work with the coupon.

Lain

When I looked at my emails I had this nice email from Atlus titled Ys VIII, Now Available From our Friends at NISA.
Wait, wasn't Ys VIII delayed?
Then I remembered that there was the console release too.

Ascheroth

I'm not one to get upset over delays, especially when the game clearly isn't ready, but now my Falcom streak has been broken. Would've been pretty sweet to play Cold Steel, Ys Seven and Ys VIII back to back. But now I have no idea what to play, especially since there's no indication of how long the delay will be.

I guess I could go back to Gurumin and try to finish it. I thought it kinda sucked, though...
Gurumin is great fun.

Vazduh

For those interested...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bionic Commando -- MB-1ABE178D8DE4A658 - Taken by Natty1
Citizens of Earth -- MB-2D48C6BDF6A3BC85 - Taken by Lain
Renegade Ops Collection -- MB-3EE3B7C5BD2164B6 - Taken by MaxiLive
Rollers of the Realm -- MB-91B58067DF42457B - Taken by dot
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-D1ED5808B32C31BD - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-003F0981D6EF0688 - Taken by sadblob

Nabs

I was going to recommend Xanadu Next, but I see you have over 20 hrs in it just like I do. 👍👍

Extra from the Humble, it said it wasn't available in some countires so keep that in mind:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando -- MB-9A62C9A2B1592868 - Taken by prudislav. 7 entrants total.

t1505244426z1.png

Any reason to think some of Dishonored 2's technical links will be worked out in the expansion? If not the performance then the year long initial load.

And fuck corrupted saves ugh

Jawmuncher

Any reason to think some of Dishonored 2's technical links will be worked out in the expansion? If not the performance then the year long initial load.

And fuck corrupted saves ugh

I think everything has been more or less ironed out. Outside that long initial load.

FLD

Gurumin is great fun.

I didn't hate it or anything but it just never really clicked with me. Because of it I'm kind of apprehensive about Zwei because from what I've seen it looks somewhat similar.

I was going to recommend Xanadu Next, but I see you have over 20 hrs in it just like I do. 👍👍

Hahaha, yeah, I've played all the Falcom games on Steam. If I want to keep the streak going it's either finishing Gurumin or replaying one of the others.

BasilZero

Damn I feel triggered for that humble bundle name lmao

But I am getting the $12 just for dmc4se and Dr1 since I originally was planning to buy them both soon.

Historic low for each is

7.99 for dr1 and $9.99 for dmc4se

So this is a great plus I get 3-4 games I never had lol

BasilZero

Oh cool hope it releases on steam too

You bought it cuz it has a cute girl as the protag, dont worry we find her totes adorb too
It is an action adventure rpg game.

I will be honest, thought the protag was male (haven't played the game yet 😂 )

Ascheroth

what kind of game is gurumin?

i remember buying it but i still don't know why
A cute little action adventure RPG. Not amazing, but I had a lot fun with it, I even beat the secret boss! (thing was hardcore).

I didn't hate it or anything but it just never really clicked with me. Because of it I'm kind of apprehensive about Zwei because from what I've seen it looks somewhat similar.

Hahaha, yeah, I've played all the Falcom games on Steam. If I want to keep the streak going it's either finishing Gurumin or replaying one of the others.
I can't say how the compare, as I haven't played Zwei zwei yet and I haven't watched much about it, as I want to go in mostly blind.
But I just want to say I've glanced over the japanese trailer right now and they had Norio Wakamoto narrating. Bless you, Falcom.

NeoRaider

I played 2 Dead by Daylight matches and... it was fun. I survived 2nd match.
But i don't see myself buying this and playing it daily.

Nzyme32

What happened this time?

Firewatch devs (Campo Santo) didn't want PewDiePie to be able to make money from Firewatch or any future games of theirs due to his racism stuff - so they publicly explained they will DMCA the videos he makes so he can't earn from their (Campo Santos') work.

Realz Gamerz and Pew fans are upset, and other groups that don't like that kind of "politics" so are review bombing the game.

fuzaco

what kind of game is gurumin?

i remember buying it but i still don't know why

It was either free or like 1$ somewhere iirc. I bought it too, even though I couldn't get into it on the PSP either. Someday I'll finish it though, just to complete my Falcom collection.

FoneBone

Humble leftovers:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FoneBone, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando -- MB-6CB222C9FE1E5EEE - Taken by gabbo. 8 entrants total.
Renegade Ops Collection -- MB-59071BF006859B14 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Sonic Adventure 2 -- MB-B1CDA14FEE216A69 - Taken by Orakio Rob. 3 entrants total.
Sonic Generations Collection -- MB-005A28185D361E84 - Taken by MadGear. 14 entrants total.
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-A6DEEF97F09C6E5B - Taken by Nezzhil. 3 entrants total.

t1505257340z1.png

Cth

Had a really, really rough week and have been out of the loop on releases this week.

Anything new come out that people recommend?

I'm waiting on CSD2, not sure if that's out yet or not.

Aaron D.

Realz Gamerz and Pew fans are upset, and other groups that don't like that kind of "politics" so are review bombing the game.

Once again signaling that Steam User Reviews were a mistake and a large portion of the Gaming Community are rabble-rousing man-children.

Wok

What happened this time?

Campo Santo tweeted they would DMCA a video of Firewatch in protest of PDP. Then they did. Then they regretted it.

m1L21q3.png

Meanwhile, Steam reviewers pull the same kind of trick.

oHVZf6w.png

I posted it in that other thread: if some dev had to DMCA a video of their game to try to financially hurt PDP, I think it should be the dev of PUBG. This is the game which gets streamers money these days. And this is the game which PDP was playing (and is still playing, I think).

I'm waiting on CSD2, not sure if that's out yet or not.

Tomorrow.

Kudo

Normally I'd hate programs forcing their files on different drive than what I install them on, but this time I'm glad Gurumin and The Witcher 3 used C: drive for save files even when I installed them on D:
Hard Drive failures suck, remember to back up people.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-1D9CC4D0462F0BD4 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-09EDB8AF4588AD96 - Taken by TheGreenArrow
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-4BA2F2BFDFFCBE4D - Taken by alr1ght

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom