• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Hmmm...
9200_20170908141257_1nuue9.png

Arthea

Talking about Okami HD, what are chances they'll make that opening segment totally skippable, that is the question

No love for Vanessa's butt?

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/urb4nz0mb13/5804f4b64c09c56c19bba3104e7c732c.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

we are more into TITS here

[SPOILER]it just written itself[/SPOILER]

Pixieking

Banned
Ummm...

So. I'm in Malaysia. And there's a lot of people in Malaysia who have Steam accounts. So I'm assuming this is just a temporary cock-up, but *shrugs*

nosteamcwupk.jpg

Durante

Hallo Peter Thoman,

wir freuen uns dir mitzuteilen, dass wir dir diese Spiele bald im Auftrag von Larian Studios, schicken werden:
---
we are happy to inform you, that we will send you these games on behalf of Larian Studios:

1x Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Collector's Edition (KS)
Hype.

Despite the lack of proper punctuation.

lazerfox

Just finished Hyper Light Drifer. The art style is gorgeous and the music is just amazing. Fun challenging combat with hard boss fights. Glad I got to play this thanks to the bundle.

Final boss is way too easy though...

Also

yIij1zH.png

Thanks enhanced steam. Now I feel old :)

fuzaco

Okami is one of my favorite games ever, I absolutely love everything about it (even the "voice acting"), can't wait to replay it on PC.

I wish they would remaster Okamiden as well. I borrowed a friend's DS and the game a few years ago, but couldn't get used to the controls, so I didn't play much.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Akin Vol 2 -- MB-0F494EC618C556A1 - Taken by voodooray

Ummm...

So. I'm in Malaysia. And there's a lot of people in Malaysia who have Steam accounts. So I'm assuming this is just a temporary cock-up, but *shrugs*

nosteamcwupk.jpg

Welcome to Southeast Asia lol. Even reddit is banned here in Indonesia.

Not sure why would Malaysian government ban Steam though.

thekeats

Neo Member
Well been a long time lurker and finally got an account so thought I would pop my head in and say hello.

Mainly a PC gamer although I do have a PS4 that seems to have become a netflix machine.

Anywho, while I am here thought as my first message I would give this lot away (and has nothing to do with forgetting to cancel my Humble Monthly).

ModBot said:
Instructions for thekeats:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thekeats, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-BA3A6FF7D44F4CAE - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.
Eterium -- MB-967FC59A4CE04E44 - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.
HackyZack -- MB-F69A633C4EF7FC3A - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight -- MB-1019D444AB30604C - Taken by Dangerblade. 18 entrants total.
Stories Untold -- MB-0D77D048D52DC009 - Taken by fspm. 8 entrants total.
Sunless Skies -- MB-8C19C1D676E368F5 - Taken by Sarcasm. 14 entrants total.

t1504886595z1.png

And just prey I haven't ballsed this up in someway.

Pixieking

Banned
Welcome to Southeast Asia lol. Even reddit is banned here in Indonesia.

Not sure why would Malaysian government ban Steam though.

Dunno. It's working again after a router reboot, and no-one else had an issue, though are all on different ISPs. Only thing I can think of is the ISP is rather strict with regards to application of certain laws, and something cocked-up with the DNS settings. But honestly have no idea.

Well been a long time lurker and finally got an account so thought I would pop my head in and say hello.

Hey hey, pleased to meetcha! :D Nice giveaway! Weird how Sunless Skies doesn't have a "hot" emoji, considering its buzz.

Mainly a PC gamer although I do have a PS4 that seems to have become a netflix machine.

Anywho, while I am here thought as my first message I would give this lot away (and has nothing to do with forgetting to cancel my Humble Monthly).

And just prey I haven't ballsed this up in someway.

You did good work. Welcome to GAF and especially SteamGAF, it's the best place to be, especially if you like anime. We all really, really like anime and hope you do too.

Also NSFW games.

thekeats

Neo Member
Hey hey, pleased to meetcha! :D Nice giveaway! Weird how Sunless Skies doesn't have a "hot" emoji, considering its buzz.

Possibly due to the Early Access?!?

You did good work. Welcome to GAF and especially SteamGAF, it's the best place to be, especially if you like anime. We all really, really like anime and hope you do too.

Also NSFW games.

What about NSFW anime?

I actually used to love anime but that was way back when 4 episodes of Urusei Yatsura used to cost me about £35 a tape...

Anno

Welcome to SteamGAF, the best place on GAF. Nice giveaway! Please do your best to make this an anime-free zone.

Wok

Dunno. It's working again after a router reboot, and no-one else had an issue, though are all on different ISPs. Only thing I can think of is the ISP is rather strict with regards to application of certain laws, and something cocked-up with the DNS settings. But honestly have no idea.

If you experience it again, try ProtonVPN:
https://protonvpn.com/

For free, you have an IP from a US, Dutch or Japanese computer.

And if you pay, you have access to the "secure core" option (everything goes through Switzerland, Iceland or Sweden before going to any other country), more servers, including servers optimized for P2P.

I won... I fucking won...
Holy shit, thank you so much His Majesty. Thank you so, so much.
I've won lots of stuff through modbot but this is the first time I win a full price game.
Wow, I haven't been able to afford any games for a while so this is really great.
That's actually the reason I still haven't played the first game. Can I jump straight into this one or should I play Divinity 1 first?

Pixieking

Banned
I think it's for games over $30.

Huh... Fair enough.

If you experience it again, try ProtonVPN:
https://protonvpn.com/

For free, you have an IP from a US, Dutch or Japanese computer.

And if you pay, you have access to the "secure core" option (everything goes through Switzerland, Iceland or Sweden before going to any other country), more servers, including servers optimized for P2P.

https://www.lowyat.net/2017/140590/...tore-following-god-fighting-game-controversy/

My thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430306

Not sure how long it'll go on for, but I really ought to hit-up my backlog, so... *shrugs* Offline mode will be fine for most things. Not Hitman 2016 of course, but mostly everything else that's not multiplayer.

Anno

I've won lots of stuff through modbot but this is the first time I win a full price game.
Wow, I haven't been able to afford any games for a while so this is really great.
That's actually the reason I still haven't played the first game. Can I jump straight into this one or should I play Divinity 1 first?

You can definitely jump in right here. Maybe watch some YouTube videos about the series in general if you want to catch the lore references.

Ascheroth

Welcome~
Hope you like anime. :p
I think it's just based on the price.

I've watched the Sword Art Online anime but what's the whole vs Accel World thing? Would it play like SA:O? Rising levels in a virtual world?
Accel World is from the same writer and kind of similar but not really. It's set in the future where everyone can connect to the cyberspace and there's a secret program that speeds up your thinking so fast that time appears to stop and during that stopped time you have access to a AR MMO Fighting Game and if you lose to often you lose the program.
Something like that. No idea how this game plays tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Accel World is from the same writer and kind of similar but not really. It's set in the future where everyone can connect to the cyberspace and there's a secret program that speeds up your thinking so fast that time appears to stop and during that stopped time you have access to a AR MMO Fighting Game and if you lose to often you lose the program.
Something like that. No idea how this game plays tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Accel World is a "kinda sequel" to SAO. It is set in the same world and the devices they are using are developed by Kirito.

Wok

https://www.lowyat.net/2017/140590/...tore-following-god-fighting-game-controversy/

My thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430306

Not sure how long it'll go on for, but I really ought to hit-up my backlog, so... *shrugs* Offline mode will be fine for most things. Not Hitman 2016 of course, but mostly everything else that's not multiplayer.

Wow. So, is depicting Jesus the problem?

What about Zeus in Dota 2?

The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is going after the divine brawler, citing a violation of the Communications and Multimedia Act of 1998, Section 233, which penalizes knowingly “making, creating, or soliciting any comment, request, suggestion or other communication which is obscene, indecent, false, menacing or offensive in character with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person.”

“Malaysians respect all cultural and religious sensitivities, and the sale and distribution of the religiously insensitive and blasphemous games must be stopped immediately,” according to Salleh Said Keruak, Communications and Multimedia Minister.

In less complex lingo, they find Fight of Gods to be offensive, degrading to religious harmony, and threatening to racial unity, Malaysia Kini reports.

“It is in the public interest to ensure that immediate steps are taken so that such contents do not continue to harm others,” Keruak went on to say, stating that further action will be taken should the Taiwanese creators of Fight of Gods, Digital Crafter, not comply with the demand.

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-series-worldwide-sales-top-1-01-million
So looks like the PC port did help with the final push to get it to one million despite the lackluster sales
And this just helps put into perspective how awful these PC numbers are too

Could you maybe rein in your whole Trails PC doom and gloom thing a bit? Please? It's a happy milestone story and somehow you managed to slip in "lackluster" and "awful" when talking about it.

Enjoy!

4POfp.jpg

If your code doesn't work, send me a PM and I'll set you up with another code. I received two codes from the Kickstarter campaign and forgot which one I already redeemed myself.

You should be able to jump right in. The Divinity games usually have some references to previous games but not much else. The first one is definitely worth playing though and that's an understatement.

Ascheroth

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-series-worldwide-sales-top-1-01-million
So looks like the PC port did help with the final push to get it to one million despite the lackluster sales
And this just helps put into perspective how awful these PC numbers are too
Why? PC numbers are probably somewhere around 20-30k including GoG and humble.
For simplicity's sake let's just assume the series sold 1mio without PC.
That means 250k per game per platform over a span of 4 years for the first game and 3 years for the 2nd one and they could be gotten for 10-20€ during sales, whereas the PC version has been out for a month and is 40€ and only 1 out of 2 games is available.
If anything those numbers show that the PC version is going to stack up quite nicely in comparison to the console versions over time.

Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom