• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://store.steampowered.com/app/705070/FEMINAZI_3000/

the worst part is not only is it garbage made for 4chan morons to jerk off to, it's also obviously poorly made and thus shameless attempt at grabbing right-wing welfare. amazing how angry internet dudes are so easily manipulated into handing over their cash to the con artists exploiting them just because they agree with their identity politics

the worst part is not only is it garbage made for 4chan morons to jerk off to, it's also obviously poorly made and thus shameless attempt at grabbing right-wing welfare. amazing how angry internet dudes are so easily manipulated into handing over their cash to the con artists exploiting them just because they agree with their identity politics

Speaking of devs I can hope are removed from Steam because they are in the midst of a scandal, the same goes for a certain developer of a Fidget Spinner game. Their upcoming one, Sape Vimulator (you can figure out which letters to rearrange) makes me beg for at least the minimal amount of curation from Steam...which in reality I don't want but man...have a human with a brain cell see this so they can reject it.

Tonton

Does that stuff actually sell tho
Specially without Cards

MUnited83

For you.

I forgive them, if only because they brough the LGBT flag to Steam backgrounds/emoticons.

Senran Kagura did good, Fate did ok but the rest? I wouldn't say they are doing good
And in Trails case you need to consider that the series always sees a steep drop between entries, what should we expect of CS2 if CS1 can barely break 20k?
What about CS3, why should they bother porting it? (I'm also not sure how receptive people are to $60 Falcom games, lots of people complaining about Ys VIII and preorders don't look so hot, but I'm waiting for more definitive numbers on that and Tokyo Xanadu before complaining about that)

CS1 sold more than TiTS 3rd.
You're right, why should they bother porting it ? Maybe because it'd be a NEW release and not one that comes 2 years late. And that because long term sales are a thing ?
Fate didn't do okay. It sold like 30k at full price while being a late port. How much does these games cost do you think ? And it's been barely a month. You're being overly negative and making moot baseless comparisons.

I mean, the whole debate as no point. In which sane universe do we compare sales of two games combined, one released 4 years ago, against one late port, released a month ago ?

The point of porting is that these games will keep selling. TiTS SC was at 18k, it's now at 52k. When TITS SC released, FC was at 150k. Got into 200k after the monthly bundle. It's now at 300k.

The point of porting these games is that they wont need to port them again and can rely on multiple stream of revenues. When you have 20 titles that sells additionnal 10k units without doint nothing... that means 200k more sales without doing a thing, while enjoying launch sales.

The point is that also these are low budget games, from a niche publisher. XSeed isn't the kind of publisher to swim in 200k selling titles.

Yes, if you've played a game long enough and it gets cards added you get the cards for it. Was added when they changed it to not let new games have cards without sufficient sales.

If you've previously played a game for the required time to drop all the cards, 2-4 hours I imagine, and the game subsequently adds cards you get them all at once now. Happens every now and then, the Baldur's Gate games added them a while back.

Thanks for the explanation!
That seems like a pretty handy change.

I would have bought Cold Steel because it looks like fun but I haven't even gotten a few hours into TiTS First Chapter yet. And I really liked the opening. I expect I'll enjoy the whole series, but it'll take me a while to get there. Long games.

Folks were saying Cold Steel had some TiTS spoilers so I stayed away for now. Considering the niche appeal, in probably not alone in wanting to experience the series "right."

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i would hope the incentive to make actual games instead of begging your 4chan pals to pay your rent is basic human dignity and wanting to go to sleep at night knowing you're a decent human being

ezodagrom

I would have bought Cold Steel because it looks like fun but I haven't even gotten a few hours into TiTS First Chapter yet. And I really liked the opening. I expect I'll enjoy the whole series, but it'll take me a while to get there. Long games.

Folks were saying Cold Steel had some TiTS spoilers so I stayed away for now. Considering the niche appeal, in probably not alone in wanting to experience the series "right."
I almost skipped Cold Steel for a similar reason, though in my case I've played through FC and SC, just haven't started the 3rd yet.

Cold Steel's high price (considering it's a 2 years late port, 4 years taking into consideration the JP release) was a big turn off for me, but I ended getting it on the last days of the first week sale mostly due to Durante's involvement in the port.

i would hope the incentive to make actual games instead of begging your 4chan pals to pay your rent is basic human dignity and wanting to go to sleep at night knowing you're a decent human being

Apparently in this current atmosphere, basic human decency can be easily traded away just like a Steam Trading Card if you know it's gonna put some change in your pocket.

Hektor

I mean, i gotta be honest.

If building some lazy shit on a weekend in Unity is enough to make a decent amount of money off of those people, i'd do it do if i had the knowledge how to.

Maybe i'd put some of that money secretly back into anti-harassment campaigns so i'd be doing a good thing as well.

Destiny hype seemed short lived on Twitch. All the big streamers went back to PUBG or something else. I imagine a lot are also waiting for the PC version.

Phawx

I don't know how to break this to y'all but there's apparently an official Dungeons & Dragons clicker.

Did I wake up in an alternate reality today?

It's kind of a damning snapshot of the D&D license. They're releasing a clicker... "game"...

Gonna give this a whirl.

D&D idle game sounds p awesome tbh

Thanks for the heads up

kagamin

So there are four games before this trilogy?
What the hell, why didn't they remaster those first :\

They're barely related storywise I'm fairly sure, and they look a lot more graphically aged than G.U.

Would probably be a lot more work bringing those games up to speed.

Amzin

Wizards was pretty terrible at licensing / digital stuff for their IP even before Hasbro took over. The "golden age" of D&D software was when it was just TSR still, that's when you had all those PC games, TSR was pretty digital-forward. I had a few games on 5" floppies, I had a CD-ROM that was like the complete collection of 2nd edition rule books + map tool + some other stuff, all official. Then WotC took over and the digital stuff dried up realllllyyy fast :p

Gonna give this a whirl.

D&D idle game sounds p awesome tbh

Thanks for the heads up

what

no

Nooo!

Pls don't support this:
ss_08c9d5c1d5d9de0c8b3f8b5f4dfce62f8a175a49.jpg

Arthea

Why exactly we are talking about Xseed? of course they will be fine, they have lewd games that sell nicely on steam, I'm worried about Falcom and TLoH future on PC, not about Xseed.
Falcom already abandoned PC development for good, what more proof do you need that they are not happy with PC sales? Granted that has more to do with Japan than with us, but steam is WW platform, so I'll worry as much as I want, it's good for you to say that you are tired of this when you give no damn about TLoH, right? I don't worry about survival multi games also, no matter how badly they perform or how supposedly good they are.

yuraya

Valkyria Chronicles
Dragons Dogma
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Dead Rising
And now Okami

Capcom and SEGA have been doing good work on PC these past few years. Now we just need Code Veronica + Resonance of Fate for the icing on the cake and we are all good.

Arthea

Valkyria Chronicles
Dragons Dogma
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Dead Rising
And now Okami

Capcom and SEGA have been doing good work on PC these past few years. Now we just need Code Veronica + Resonance of Fate for the icing on the cake and we are all good.

yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it? At least one tri-Ace game on steam where they weren't slaving for SE's game would be nice indeed.

So, they've added cards to Machinarium:

Machinarium Gets Steam Trading Cards!

Dear robot citizens,

It's been an exciting year for Machinarium, hasn't it? After getting the free "Definitive Version" treatment, many of you asked for the addition of Steam Trading Cards content. So here it is!

What exactly are we adding?
6 trading cards
5 regular badges + 1 foil badge (called "Inventor" to make it even cooler)
5 profile backgrounds
5 emoticons

Hopefully this little update gives you a good reason to return to Machinarium and save the rusty robot city once again.

Who's going to become the first Inventor? Have fun collecting!

http://steamcommunity.com/games/40700/announcements/detail/1448326897425255408

Redeem!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-380577A29E120D58

t1504894963z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG has MvCI pre-order 25% off.

While still more expensive than the cdkeys one, they do have the deluxe edition, which cdkeys does not.

edit: they also have War of the Chosen and LiS Before the Storm 25% off so it seems they have a new batch of discounts.

Green Man Gaming‏Verified account @GreenManGaming 17m17 minutes ago
More
Get 25% off XCOM 2: War of the Chosen with us, which is also the average chance to hit!

lol :p

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I keep forgetting you can report games on Steam for a variety of issues, such as being broken or harassment or the like.

Will never happen as Valve keeps that info locked down just about as deep as customer support tickets, but I would be fascinated to see what gets reported the most and under what justification is given for doing so.

Madventure

I think all the natural disasters are affecting everyone in the B/S/T thread because they're basically one tsunami away from turning into a mosh pit lately

Valkyria Chronicles
Dragons Dogma
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Dead Rising
And now Okami

and PSO2 :x

Accoun

So, I started Doom 3. Turns out, it has no subs. Of course, someone modded them in.
Except it doesn't work with the newest patch. Which is even more annoying because it was the patch that removed disc check.

Oh well, it's not like it really has a story worth following. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Valkyria Chronicles
Dragons Dogma
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Dead Rising
And now Okami

I don't think we should put Capcom and SEGA in the same basket. Capcom has been a SHITON better than SEGA.
If we take Valkyria Chronicles as the starting point, SEGA JP gave us: Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic Lost World, Bayonetta and Vanquish. Sonic Mania was also delayed for Denuvo.

On the other hand, here's what Capcom gave us:
Resident Evil HD Remaster, Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster, Dragon's Dogma, Dead Rising, Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, Megaman Legacy Collection 1 and 2, Resident Evil 4 HD, Disney Afternoon Collection. And soon Okami HD (and Street Fighter Collection ?)

And that is for the ports. If we're talking about new titles... yikes no competition.

Mivey

Why exactly we are talking about Xseed? of course they will be fine, they have lewd games that sell nicely on steam, I'm worried about Falcom and TLoH future on PC, not about Xseed.
Falcom already abandoned PC development for good, what more proof do you need that they are not happy with PC sales? Granted that has more to do with Japan than with us, but steam is WW platform, so I'll worry as much as I want, it's good for you to say that you are tired of this when you give no damn about TLoH, right? I don't worry about survival multi games also, no matter how badly they perform or how supposedly good they are.
All their recent games are getting same-day PC releases (well, with usual DRM insertion delays). And a significant percentage of their catalog is already on Steam. Your doom and gloom posts are getting old, Arthea. There was never such a good time for a western Falcom fan. As for Xseed, they should just port the PC stuff cheaply to PS4, free money essentially.

I feel like I'm in a separate world sometimes lol.
Never played Overwatch, PUBG or Destiny, hell, I haven't played a competitive shooter in years.
My gaming time this year pretty much comes down to Nier, P5 and Tits 3rd and the odd game from last year (The Last Guardian and Life is Strange).
I can barely join a conversaion these days lol.
Hell, I haven't played GTAV yet.

Did you guys see that Malaysia blocked Steam because of the Gods fighting game?

Like all of steam

Malaysia blocks Steam to ban religious fighting game

MCMC Blocks 'Fight Of Gods' Video Game

ahh, just saw the thread on gaming side

Talk about cutting down the evil by its root lol.

Bought Gun and I'm interested to replay it as my only memory of it is as the last game I ever rented. Which doesn't bode well but hopefully some b movie fun.

PC port might be one of the worst I've encountered tho, locked to 720 pre user patch, completely nonsensical default controller bindings, and so on.
Edit: oh and not wide screen pre patch either despite having a 360 version

Also, finally played a bit of Prototype 2 and it actually looks decent at 4K outside of the horrendous shadow popin/fade. Pan the camera right and watch as every shadow disappears. Also, the lead's gruff Batman voice and writing is shockingly pooe.

Tizoc

what do you mean use scummvm?

The original 2 games are played via SCUMMVM whether you get them from Steam or GOG.
The ver. of SCUMMVM that comes with them might be outdated. You can download and install SCUMMVM 1.9.0 and run the game using it.
Either way you can apply a gfx filter such as TV2x (Scanlines) among others and the games run really well this way.
Note that they are still 4:3 and the black bars at the top and bottom are part of the original game (items at the top, dialog options at the bottom)

r3n4ud

From Ign prime

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hyperdrive Massacre -- MB-018E54D24DF4F896 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.

t1504897573z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom