• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

Definitely start with the first. However if you don’t like it move onto 2. They’re both practically stand alone. DC1 is survival horror while DC2 is straight action.

After that don’t bother with the rest. Maybe take a look at Dino Stalker if you’re REALLY curious but stop there for sure.

Is there a way to play them on modern hardware without emulating them?

dex3108

I think that i figured out Cuphead after 3 hours :D I am slowly getting all levels done with A+ rating. But i am still at World 1 XD

zkylon

zkylewd
man, fallout's 20 years anniversary

i still remember the first time i saw it at my uncle's house, i didn't have a good pc so i used to love going there and playing on my cousin's pc cos he always had the latest pc games like commandos, jazzjackrabbit, icewind dale, doom, some spaceship game i've been forever meaning to remember its name and one day it was fallout 2

fallout 2 just blew my mind, the graphics in particular looked amazing at the time and i was really shocked at simple stuff like changing your gear and seeing your character look different, or how the pipboy was like an actual physical thing from the world instead of just a menu, with its really old looking screen. and it was also so violent, i wasn't really used to violent games so watching someone like just blow up in half was really shocking and unpleasant but in a way that when you're like 10 years old you can't do anything but be mesmerized by it

took me about a year to get a pc that could run something that isn't where in the world is carmen sandiego. my hard drive was only 2gb so diablo and fallout couldn't both fit, and i really don't like diablo, so that was out pretty quick and i was left with a computer who's only purpose was running fallout 2. i played that game every day religiously for years, i tried every possible outcome for every quest, i would edit my stats and look for every new piece of dialogue i could find, i kept replaying the game over and over and writing down different options and coming up with different early game routes, etc. i spent a lot of time writing a guide before i realized ppl had already done all that work heh

but yeah i always find it fascinating the way they managed to build such a believable and grounded world filled with humor and satire but also a world that's really bleak and dark and that explores pretty serious themes pretty well even if idk letting you sell slaves is kind of fucked? and the rpg systems are so finely crafted, special is a really good system that allows for tons of experimentation and the quests are designed so that you can complete them in so many ways, i don't think any game since has ever come close to matching it

i haven't played fallout 1 or 2 in a while (maybe like 3 years?) but it's still my favorite game and i really love it

it's aged pretty well (fallout 1 less so than 2 but some of it can be helped with mods) all things considered, and it's free, give it a shot!

Jawmuncher

Ucchedavāda;250526774 said:
Thanks for the advice.
They don't seem to be terrible long according to HLTB, so I think I'll give it a go once I'm through Danganronpa 3.
Nice to hear!
Is there a way to play them on modern hardware without emulating them?
In most countries you can play them on PSP, Vita, or PS3 through PSN. Sadly they’re not available in Europe. Aside from that there are PC versions of 1 and 2 that still manage to work on today’s hardware without much fuss.

Besides that it’s all emulation. Since there hasn’t been any sort of rerelease outside the psn iso dump.

I think it's the first ever videogame that uses the word cum dumpster.

Exactly my humor.

Knurek

Quick and dirty guide on getting G-Sync support in Unity titles:

1. Get Kaldaien's SpecialK wrapper.
2. Extract either SpecialK32.dll or SpecialK64.dll in the game executable folder, rename either to dxgi.dll
3. Run the game, press Ctrl-Shift-Backspace to enable Special K runtime menu.
4. Go to Direct3D 11 Settings tab->SwapChain Management, turn on 'Use Flip Model Presentation' and change Presentation Interval to 1.
5. Go to Direct3D 11 Settings tab->Texture Management and disable Texture Caching.
6. Restart the game to have G-Sync enabled from now on.

Tizoc

I think it's the first ever videogame that uses the word cum dumpster.

Exactly my humor.
Exactly my point
I was flagblastered when i heard them say it

Nice to hear!

In most countries you can play them on PSP, Vita, or PS3 through PSN. Sadly they’re not available in Europe. Aside from that there are PC versions of 1 and 2 that still manage to work on today’s hardware without much fuss.

Besides that it’s all emulation. Since there hasn’t been any sort of rerelease outside the psn iso dump.
Hold up couldnt one just dl The games via content manager onto their pc or
Laptop then use a ps1 emulator?

Jawmuncher

Exactly my point
I was flagblastered when i heard them say it

Hold up couldnt one just dl The games via content manager onto their pc or
Laptop then use a ps1 emulator?

That’s possible....I think. Since I do recall some emulators being able to support that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom