• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Is it worth getting? Seems like a cheap game. The downside that it's made for smartphones. Is the PC version anything good?

yeah, it's pretty good :) and at that price ... well ... no reason NOT to get it ;)

There are some pretty big changes to Dota.

It's going to take some work to get back into it, as it's been a while.

But then again, perhaps that's for the best. I've made headway into my backlog.
BUT DIRETIDE!

yuraya

Have you guys seen this game "Noct"? I've seen the devs pimp it out on imgur a few times now.

b6x7fO5.gif

Looks pretty interesting (sorry zkylon)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298978414

Looks amazing. Voted! The little spiders :O

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gauntlet - Champions Crown DLC -- MB-EA8C2DBB8F6D1A0A - Taken by crazyrabbits

liezryou

Insurgency selling over 400k copies is pretty awesome. It's never been high on the top sellers list, not for long anyway. But over time those sales start to add up even if some are sold with heavy discounts.

Hmm was this game in a bundle? I have it but i have no recollection of buying it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tropico 3 -- MB-1AD91ED64F56C912 - Taken by The Reloader
Tropico 3 #2 -- MB-8C3B8DD012C44BDD
Tropico 3 #3 -- MB-062A03E371F009DF

derExperte

So guys, the 970 is here, but before the change what bench should I use to do a before / after ?

3DMARK Fire Strike is a good one but I don't know if the demo (on Steam) offers it. Btw. I went from 4596 (660 nonTi) to 9475 with a 2500K@4.2 + MSI 970 just now.

edit: Doh, already mentioned.

Lomax

I used to think any game was worth $10 (or at least $5). But no, they aren't. Every game released over a year ago will be available in less than three months for under $10. And they all have to compete with the thousand games I already have. Does every game I enjoy have over $10 worth of gameplay? Certainly. But more factors go into making a purchase than that. And at this point very very very few games are worth me spending $10 on.

Downsampling is the best. You are missing out bro.

I'm really looking forward to finally being able to try out downsampling once I get my 970, it seems to really match well with what I like in graphics features.

Vuze

Atleast Valve implemented an option to turn off curator activity in my Steam feed. I couldn't handle the spam. As if they couldn't do a "xy recommended Game A and twenty others" format as with purchases.

Dr Dogg

And there also is the Star Swarm Stress Test for free

http://store.steampowered.com/app/267130/

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Be great to see how the 900 series cards stack up against AMD cards using Mantel.

3DMARK Fire Strike is a good one but I don't know if the demo (on Steam) offers it. Btw. I went from 4596 (660 nonTi) to 9475 with a 2500K@4.2 + MSI 970 just now.

edit: Doh, already mentioned.

My time at the top of the single card friends leaderboards was nice while it lasted :(

Edit: Or actually maybe not. Come at me 970 owners!

Kiru

Man Canyon Capers really gets on your nerves. Only played it for the playfire rewards & cards, and now I'm done with its shitty controls and graphics.

aku:jiki

Man Canyon Capers really gets on your nerves. Only played it for the playfire rewards & cards, and now I'm done with its shitty controls and graphics.
I thought the gameplay was fine, if a bit dull, but I couldn't deal with how ugly it was. Such a relentlessly tastless mixture of different resolutions and artstyles.

derExperte

I like killing hordes of little spiders in dark, moldy caves as much as the next guy but Gauntlet is overdoing it.

My time at the top of the single card friends leaderboards was nice while it lasted :(

Edit: Or actually maybe not. Come at me 970 owners!

I'm using the 344.16 driver which isn't validated so you're safe for now but I'm planning to crack the 10.000 eventually.

vg260

That's being mild. That game was abysmal. I find the whole Playfire thing to be a poor value proposition since you can't use voucher codes with credit. I already was playing DR3, so I used it, but suffering through some of these games for a minimal return is not worth your time.

So is this a permanent change to dota2, unlike the dire tide nonsense they do on a yearly basis that causes half of the internet to crap itself? A one map game is such a weird thing to me, but i guess that just makes it more like real sports.

kurahador

So is this a permanent change to dota2, unlike the dire tide nonsense they do on a yearly basis that causes half of the internet to crap itself? A one map game is such a weird thing to me, but i guess that just makes it more like real sports.

Yup. This isn't just some event thing.

I guess Icefrog stopped supporting Dota 1? This update seems to surprise everyone.

w...why don't you guys say what changed in Dota2? This meta discussion is thrilling me with its mystique though.

I read the blog and saw the changes and don't understand what's the big deal

doto ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Well I only read the text, but the detailed notes actually include a lot more. Seems like a major patch. I still don't understand Dota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom