• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Elite: Dangerous.

If he's managed to convince his investors that they are better off not being on Steam, then he's a better salesman than I would have thought. Maybe he still harbors the delusion that they will be a success at retail? Either way, I'm sure it will end up on Steam eventually, either it will come crawling like most things do or they'll be smart enough to do it at the actual release.

I'm really surprised the amount of reactions mordor gathered after all the positive reviews.
I guess its because I have other releases this week and next that it's barely on my radar . Well that and even if its not AssCreed it still has a familiarity to it.

For me at least it's the IP. Usually I'm not much of an IP nostalgia hound, but LotR has a classic pull on me that I can't deny. I'm still waiting (PC game and all that) for a sale, but it's going to be a hard wait at this point. Might even have to pull the trigger at *shudder* more than $20 on this guy.

Nice. I'm more hyped for this than I am for Unity. Don't get me wrong, I love the changes they made for Unity and I think that overall it will be a better game, but I freaking love the naval aspect of Black Flag.

Initially I was more hyped for Rogue, too. But the thought that enemies could just ram my ship and then try to take it over, forcing me into battle in the process, quickly deflated my hype for the game.

I'm really surprised the amount of reactions mordor gathered after all the positive reviews.
I guess its because I have other releases this week and next that it's barely on my radar . Well that and even if its not AssCreed it still has a familiarity to it.

I'm just happy to get a good game from Monolith again. It's been a while.

Now that they're done with Mordor, it should be time to revisit NOLF.

For me at least it's the IP. Usually I'm not much of an IP nostalgia hound, but LotR has a classic pull on me that I can't deny. I'm still waiting (PC game and all that) for a sale, but it's going to be a hard wait at this point. Might even have to pull the trigger at *shudder* more than $20 on this guy.

bwzFvT0.gif

I paid $30 for the premium edition :(

If he's managed to convince his investors that they are better off not being on Steam, then he's a better salesman than I would have thought. Maybe he still harbors the delusion that they will be a success at retail? Either way, I'm sure it will end up on Steam eventually, either it will come crawling like most things do or they'll be smart enough to do it at the actual release.

I fail to see how Steam effects their "back end" at all, worse case scenario they could pull an Ubisoft and have their game on Steam but launch it through their own launcher.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I fail to see how Steam effects their "back end" at all, worse case scenario they could pull an Ubisoft and have their game on Steam but launch it through their own launcher.

The excuse being as flimsy as it is suggests to me that the actual reason the devs would prefer to avoid putting the game on Steam is that it has microtransactions tied to cosmetic items (Steam Wallet integration would mean giving Valve a cut). We recently saw the inverse of this with Age of Wushu -- the game was on Steam for a few months before being pulled and Steam Wallet integration disabled, which essentially forced Steam players to migrate to the non-Steam version.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's been like that for months now. It sucks, but it's a sensible business decision.
From a consumer perspective, it sucks, but from a business perspective, it makes sense. Of course, I'm a consumer, so I'm going to bitch about it, but hey, you have to survive as a business somehow (and I respect that)

Dunno why I bought Dark Void for 1.50 €... it was so cheap.

I just played through this last week. It is the type of game that is mostly mediocre but there are couple of good ideas with the jetpack so it still fun to play through. The game kind of comes off as so bad that it is good, and it was never really bad enough to be annoying. I know I got my moneys worth.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The excuse being as flimsy as it is suggests to me that the actual reason the devs would prefer to avoid putting the game on Steam is that it has microtransactions tied to cosmetic items (Steam Wallet integration would mean giving Valve a cut). We recently saw the inverse of this with Age of Wushu -- the game was on Steam for a few months before being pulled and Steam Wallet integration disabled, which essentially forced Steam players to migrate to the non-Steam version.

Yeah, I think it's that and they don't have to give Valve 30% of the sales of the main game

Mokoi

Banned
I just played through this last week. It is the type of game that is mostly mediocre but there are couple of good ideas with the jetpack so it still fun to play through. The game kind of comes off as so bad that it is good, and it was never really bad enough to be annoying. I know I got my moneys worth.

I tried to play this because I actually did like this game, but I couldn't get it to run. Was such a bummer, and I gave up trying to figure out why it wouldn't start.

MUnited83

For you.

That reminds me: the DLC packages for Age of Wushu are still available by going to their sub package, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
to the moon was added to indiegala back to school

at least we can play that one with our outdated non-console GPUs.... at least I hope?

MUnited83

For you.
to the moon was added to indiegala back to school

at least we can play that one with our outdated non-console GPUs.... at least I hope?

Well, you can, but if you want the full experience of them feels you need to use the Hyper-Ultra settings, which require 8GB VRAM and at least 16GB of RAM.

edit:welp, beaten

madjoki

Hehe. I think Shadow of Mordor was looking on 'good pr' for including future proof textures, but instead got 'bad' pr for there not beign good enough hardware to max it rightaway.

That wouldn't surprise me.

Coreda

When I sign in to my developer portal on the Opera addons site I get this:

I used to have a second entry here that was the OEX-based extension (v1.3 I believe) that was written specifically for older Opera browsers, but I seem to have lost the ability to delete it, see how many downloads it has, or update it.

I suppose if that ever happens and I still can't update the Opera version, I can still publish the OEX file directly on my website and direct people there.

Yea, that sounds odd. I know at least for a while (unsure if it is now) it was possible to have two streams - one for OEX, and for the Blink version. Alternatively I know Github is used for hosting some Presto addons and releases. Admittedly it's a smaller share of users, although they've always been passionate, haha. You did the best you could.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to buy this computer already before I go mental from thinking about it too much. "should I get this, should I get that argh"

Rhaknar

Make sure you have 8 VRAM just in-case.

GPU is the one thing im NOT getting right now lol. Im just sticking my old 580 in there for now until the 970/980s come out here (im not paying the ridiculous shipping prices these online stores ask)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom