• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Just told my friend about ff13 on steam

+1 sale for lightning

I tried to pull that too, not +1 sale, but to see reactions of people that don't know. It went like this:
1. FF? I don't like strategy games
2. what's FF?
this was at least funny, no, not sarcastic, but a guy barely plays any games.
3. I hate fantasy
4. My PC can't run it anyway
5. 13?! The last I remember was 8

quite funny, actually
no sales for SE... or are there?

I'm pretty happy today. There's a design office in Toronto that's going out of business, and I was able to score two Intel Core Duo's for free - they're just giving everything away. I'm picking them up tomorrow.

As my current computer is ridiculously old, I'll finally be able to play more than 5% of my Steam library when I upgrade.

r3n4ud

I'm pretty happy today. There's a design office in Toronto that's going out of business, and I was able to score two Intel Core Duo's for free - they're just giving everything away. I'm picking them up tomorrow.

As my current computer is ridiculously old, I'll finally be able to play more than 5% of my Steam library when I upgrade.
Shit man. Awesome deal for you! Hope you enjoy the upgrade and more of your game library :)

Copons

Rhaknar was joking. He was parodying the recent (overblown) freakouts over system requirements in PC games.

Speaking of which, today I finally argued with a guy over the 6GB of VRAM thing, as he was saying that this way developers are actively pushing gamers toward consoles.

His point was that people are gonna think something like this (and I quote, in spoiler my notes):
"As I'm beginning to not being able to run these games, what's the point of
- upgrading my PC now that I just can't get the best parts
"best"... whatevs
- not being sure that these games will run fine anyway, as they're most likely bad ports
- downloading 25-40GB of games with my 6Mbps internet
ok, this is mostly an Italian problem, but still
when I can buy a 400€ console+game bundle and just don't give a damn?"

Well, like, what's the difference between now and before knowing about the 6GB thing, then? :(

on a total unrelated note, I've just cooked a masterful set of bagels just because I was tired of having to fly across the ocean whenever I wanted one.
they look like crap, but they are frigging good, and as this was my first time doing them, fuck me, I'm the best even tho I'm not able to get inside Sen's Fortress

Lomax

Wow, just got a 90% off coupon randomly in my inventory for Electronic Super Joy: Groove City that stacked with the current discount, so I totally just bought it for 27 cents. First time I've gotten a coupon that wasn't totally worthless in a long while.

on a total unrelated note, I've just cooked a masterful set of bagels just because I was tired of having to fly across the ocean whenever I wanted one.
they look like crap, but they are frigging good, and as this was my first time doing them, fuck me, I'm the best even tho I'm not able to get inside Sen's Fortress
Recipe?

Any hype for Chasm?

I hadn't heard anything about this until Humble let me know that it was available on their store. It's Greenlit, so it's coming to Steam. It comes with an Alpha version and is priced at $29.99. I'm guessing that this is one of those early high-priced versions meant to dissuade the casually interested and provoke the ones dying to test it out, a la Planetary Annihilation or Wasteland 2. The Standard edition looks like it's priced at $14.99.

But if it lives up to the promises, I'm all over this. Pixel art, Metroidvania, stats and stats and stats with loot.

I also sort of can't wait for Titan Souls.

And lastly, I've got Mordor on deck and don't have a new graphics card, so I should be able to give those interested some impressions on how it runs with a 2500k/560ti (yesteryear's midrange) very soon.

If the optimization is there, and customization is available, I'm guessing it will run pretty well, considering some minor tweaks to Witcher 2 was all it took to run at high settings. (Kill ubersampling, basically.)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
reviews shit on popular game:

"lol fuck reviews"
"cant spell ignorant without IGN"
"guess they didnt moneyhat"

reviews love popular game

"YEAH SCORES!"

Fucking this.

I also find it odd that a few people started jumping on Destructoid's mildly average score for the game because its score was lower than every other review. Even though no one in the thread had played it yet. Didn't stick around after those first few pages though so it might have died down.

For anyone interested in A Bird Story, it's bee delayed by a couple of days to the 7th November, according to the game's Facebook page.

It feels like this has taken ages to release now :|

You know if you want to find out if someone is joking or being deadly serious you could just go check their post history. 9 times out of 10 it speaks volumes.

Yet people still fell for MRORANGE's post in one of the PC and console threads :p

Also, for those that weren't around when I posted it the first time:

It's still not available outside of Europe :(

Anteater

I tried to pull that too, not +1 sale, but to see reactions of people that don't know. It went like this:
2. what's FF?
3. I hate fantasy

quite funny, actually

strangely, my friends all play FFs, most are console centric and are really casual gamers (don't really even log onto steam much), but they all have a computer that run some games fine so none of them are against the idea of playing/buying console games on pc, but FFs and the popular series are the only games I could get them to buy.

Like they won't ever look into buying/playing indie games even if they're free >.>

Copons

Hmm, lizard problem ? Or maybe fucking tiny pathway problem ?

Zero coordination brain-eye-hands problem, I guess. :D

(also, I've a controller with a broken L2, so I've this fact that I run around accidentally parrying every now and then that's not really ideal in games like Dark Souls)

but no, I can't blame the controller, when in fact I suck really hard

Jawmuncher

After RE6 and UC3 I never really trust reviews now. RE6 is a fun game that despite problems wasn't anywhere close to the garbage scores it received from some pubs. While UC3 was one of the worst games I have ever played from a developer with that pedigree.

Li Kao

2. what's FF?
3. I hate fantasy

quite funny, actually

I wouldn't know, I have no friends.

Copons

Recipe?

Literally the first one that came up on Google, including ingredients I could find at home without raising my ass and going to buy them. So, no malt or eggs, which are suggested in some recipes and not in others.
As I'm not a native newyorker, and I had really few bagels in my life, I can't remember exactly their taste, so I'm gonna settle with whatever came out from my oven. :D

Wow, just got a 90% off coupon randomly in my inventory for Electronic Super Joy: Groove City that stacked with the current discount, so I totally just bought it for 27 cents. First time I've gotten a coupon that wasn't totally worthless in a long while.
I'll be shocked the day I get a coupon that I'll actually use.

Lomax

Any hype for Chasm?

I hadn't heard anything about this until Humble let me know that it was available on their store. It's Greenlit, so it's coming to Steam. It comes with an Alpha version and is priced at $29.99. I'm guessing that this is one of those early high-priced versions meant to dissuade the casually interested and provoke the ones dying to test it out, a la Planetary Annihilation or Wasteland 2. The Standard edition looks like it's priced at $14.99.

But if it lives up to the promises, I'm all over this. Pixel art, Metroidvania, stats and stats and stats with loot.

Chasm has looked awesome since its Kickstarter days, but we'll see if they can actually deliver. When I saw $30 I twitched a bit but $15 for a standard base price seems reasonable.

I'll be shocked the day I get a coupon that I'll actually use.

I've used some here and there, but typically the ones that stack expire too soon and the ones that don't stack aren't high enough. Getting one like this that was both a big discount and stacked was surprising. Granted, it's for a game that's already been bundled and no doubt will be many times again, but 27 cents is bundle level pricing, especially coming out of card money.

Sober

They fixed it indeed, Shogun 2 dlcs now are 8€ instead of 13€. To pick or not to pick, that is the question.
Rise and all the faction DLCs are pretty awesome, one is a full fledged campaign with brand new different everything and the other factions have cool playstyles. The other stuff you can take or leave but it's probably cheaper to buy the whole damn thing.

Deitus

Any hype for Chasm?

It was one of the first games I voted for on greenlight (I only vote for games that actively interest me), so yes I'm interested in it. I'll wait for it to come to Steam though (and I'll probably wait for a sale).

Although, I don't consider games with procedurally generated environments to be Metroidvanias. It still looks good though.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Could anyone here help me to get the uncut version of the Orange Box?

pls PM

thx guys :)

Li Kao

I'm drunk, planning to get more drunk, and contemplating the GMG Wolfenstein page. Recipe for fucking disaster. It wasn't a good idea to buy a new card when all the games and their mother come out or are discounted.
And Copons just gave me the urge to cook again. Fuck.

Arthea

strangely, my friends all play FFs, most are console centric and are really casual gamers (don't really even log onto steam much), but they all have a computer that run some games fine so none of them are against the idea of playing/buying console games on pc, but FFs and the popular series are the only games I could get them to buy.

Like they won't ever look into buying/playing indie games even if they're free >.>

That was PC crowd, a lot of them don't know or care about console games and I can relate to what you say about indie games, total disbelief that they can be good is astounding. I tried to gift some to no avail too. Then again there is part of PC crowd (that I know of) that plays only WOW or LOL or CS (lately Doto too) and pretty much nothing else, I don't think they browsed any store even once, or it ever occurred to them to play something else, let alone an obscure indie game.

Did no one buy that Otome game from yesterday?

which game are you talking about?

Also, that horror Spiderman game is out

3496002-3098255-kraven+the+hunter.jpg

I personally think that Kraven is one of the most idiotic bad guys in the Spider-verse. Especially on Earth-1016...

I really should pick up RE5. It's gotta go to $5 again this Halloween, right?

I dunno, capcom might keep it at $10 as it seems to be drawing more interest since the announcement that the game was going to lose GFWL

Right now, you can get it for $7.50 with a coupon on GMG. I ended up also buying Remember Me, as well, so both games averaged out to $6 each. If it drops to $5, i'm not going to really get bothered over a dollar.

Arthea

Rise and all the faction DLCs are pretty awesome, one is a full fledged campaign with brand new different everything and the other factions have cool playstyles. The other stuff you can take or leave but it's probably cheaper to buy the whole damn thing.
Collection is more expensive, though, and I have a game already.
I probably leave it till winter sales, hopefully we'll get the same discount.

Anteater

That was PC crowd, a lot of them don't know or care about console games and I can relate to what you say about indie games, total disbelief that they can be good is astounding. I tried to gift some to no avail too. Then again there is part of PC crowd (that I know of) that plays only WOW or LOL or CS (lately Doto too) and pretty much nothing else, I don't think they browsed any store even once, or it ever occurred to them to play something else, let alone an obscure indie game.

ahh yeah, i know someone that plays only blizzard games too, so basically just diablo 3 and whatever they release I'm not familiar with. Well he occasionally play other wrpgs too like titanquest.

I dunno, capcom might keep it at $10 as it seems to be drawing more interest since the announcement that the game was going to lose GFWL

Right now, you can get it for $7.50 with a coupon on GMG. I ended up also buying Remember Me, as well, so both games averaged out to $6 each. If it drops to $5, i'm not going to really get bothered over a dollar.

I'm at a weird spot since I have ~$45 in GMG credit, but I was saving it for Mordor. And I don't get paid until later,

Looking at what I got though, I think I have enough for RE6 and 5 with that coupon.

Crimzon Clover for 3,75€ with this code SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/indie/crimzon-clover-world-ignition/

Anyone with a interest in Shmups and general awesome games should buy this!
Excellent deal! It's a major drop in sale price from the Summer Sale, too.

Not worried about Mordor, as it's not time for me to plan out my first gaming PC. Once I'm ready, there'll be a card out good enough to run it at Ultra (which means earlier cards shouldn't be as pricy).

maty

I also find it odd that a few people started jumping on Destructoid's mildly average score for the game because its score was lower than every other review. Even though no one in the thread had played it yet. Didn't stick around after those first few pages though so it might have died down.

BUT THE METACRITIC SCORE, those "journalists/critics" know nothing. They probably didn't play the game either. I only play 90+ AAAA games. Preorder cancelled
:p

Seriously, there is no way to understand how these people's brain works. they complain about reviews good or bad, if not then someone brings sales numbers and how the game is doomed.
The best solution just avoid review threads

The final version of Neverending Nightmares is out. http://steamcommunity.com/app/253330/

And those achievement icons....

Great

Backed this on Kickstarter, activated it yesterday but couldn't download it. Will do so when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom