• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

Did no one buy that Otome game from yesterday?
I only discovered it a few hours ago as Steam recommended it to me and then I saw that Chairmanchuck had already wishlisted it. But I bought so many Visual Novels in the last week that I think that one can wait while I read Planetarian and Cho Dengeki Stryker first. It is cheaper than Nicole, the other otome game I know is on Steam.

Jawmuncher

I only discovered it a few hours ago as Steam recommended it to me and then I saw that Chairmanchuck had already wishlisted it. But I bought so many Visual Novels in the last week that I think that one can wait while I read Planetarian and Cho Dengeki Stryker first. It is cheaper than Nicole, the other otome game I know is on Steam.

Winter wolves stuff is just way too expensive.

So i work in the school library as a multimedia assistant and Im contemplating whether or not I should get some Binding of Isaac in. I mean, nobody seems to need any help

So i work in the school library as a multimedia assistant and Im contemplating whether or not I should get some Binding of Isaac in. I mean, nobody seems to need any help

This says games to me. How are you to help someone if they ask about Binding of Isaac if you haven't played it today?

Monooboe

Ah now I see why Vanishing of Ethan Carter is so cheap, it wasn't that long, played thru it in one sitting. Sure it was quite long sitting.XD The game never felt small in any way though. Highly highly recommended! Just the graphics should be experienced at least.

Dr Dogg

And who says Unreal Engine 3 games look ugly.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter said:
15362036892_a5760326fe_o.png
15362321515_a3146ee992_o.png

15361985472_2a3303be94_o.png
15175760687_963c0f6b6f_o.png

Though it loses the atmosphere when not in motion as there's so much going on from grass and trees swaying in the wind, leaves cascading down and even dust and petals dancing around in the air. Ambient sounds are top notch too and really add to the eerie feeling with trees creaking and wind whistling through open areas.

Volimar

Ah now I see why Vanishing of Ethan Carter is so cheap, it wasn't that long, played thru it in one sitting. Sure it was quite long sitting.XD The game never felt small in any way though. Highly highly recommended! Just the graphics should be experienced at least.

Why is it always games like this and Dear Esther get the incredible setting? Why can't a survival game like the Forest look like Ethan Carter? I'd love to be foraging for food, trying to survive, and then just be struck at how beautiful the scenery is from time to time...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm about to drink a can of Surge for the first time since 1997, wish me luck GAF.

-------

On an on-topic note, I'm working on changing the way that Enhanced Steam handles its highlighting features.

Now that we have the "In Library" and "On Wishlist" tags on the store page, I feel that Enhanced Steam keeping a local database of appids you own is a pretty redundant task (and one that takes a significant number of AJAX queries). So I'm working on changing it so that rather than keeping a local database of appids or checking each one individually, I'm going to simply use the available data that's on the page.

Essentially what this means is that if something has the "In library" icon and you've enabled highlighting in Enhanced Steam, it will remove that icon and replace it with the highlighting. This is a pretty big shift from what Enhanced Steam did before, but I think it's the next logical step.

I don't anticipate that Enhanced Steam will lose any functionality from this change, but it will significantly decrease the amount of work the plugin needs to perform.

legacyzero

Banned
I'm about to drink a can of Surge for the first time since 1997, wish me luck GAF.

On an on-topic note, I'm working on changing the way that Enhanced Steam handles its highlighting features.

Now that we have the "In Library" and "On Wishlist" tags on the store page, I feel that Enhanced Steam keeping a local database of appids you own is a pretty redundant task (and one that takes a significant number of AJAX queries). So I'm working on changing it so that rather than keeping a local database of appids or checking each one individually, I'm going to simply use the available data that's on the page.

Essentially what this means is that if something has the "In library" icon and you've enabled highlighting in Enhanced Steam, it will remove that icon and replace it with the highlighting. This is a pretty big shift from what Enhanced Steam did before, but I think it's the next logical step.

I don't anticipate that Enhanced Steam will lose any functionality from this change, but it will significantly decrease the amount of work the plugin needs to perform.
Wait. The can is AS OLD as '97? Or thats the last time you drank it?

The "wish me luck" got me curious lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

The can is new, but the drink was discontinued in 2001. The last time I drank Surge was in 1997. Coca-Cola brought it back for a short time exclusively through Amazon and I'm drinking one of the new cans.

EDIT: This stuff is as awesome as I remember.

AHA-Lambda

Cross post here for anyone that happens to be playing Ethan Carter:

Looking for a bit of direction guys:

just completed the investigation with the altar and the crows, it's the second one I've came across. After that looked through the abandoned family house, and the investigation told me that Ethan went to the mines through the tunnel near the locked gate. But I can't find any tunnel?

Where do I go from here and have I missed anything?

I wish there was a better way of keeping track of things, I appreciate the hands off approach but I feel it could at least use a map or something; so easy to lose your sense of direction I feel.

Monooboe

Why is it always games like this and Dear Esther get the incredible setting? Why can't a survival game like the Forest look like Ethan Carter? I'd love to be foraging for food, trying to survive, and then just be struck at how beautiful the scenery is from time to time...

I think it might be a case of where someone more interested in game mechanics doing a game. So graphics just have to serve gameplay enough.

Probably last time he drank it, considering Surge just got re-released (I'm older now, and I have a mild ahrythmia. nothing serious, but I don't want to aggravte it so I'd be afraid to try to drink Surge now...so I wish you luck, jshackles).

I could be wrong, though, and if it is a can from 97, I'd be really curious as to what it tasted like.

The can is new, but the drink was discontinued in 2001. The last time I drank Surge was in 1997. Coca-Cola brought it back for a short time exclusively through Amazon and I'm drinking one of the new cans.

EDIT: This stuff is as awesome as I remember.

I got my case in and I've had one can. I guess nostalgia had me pumped that this was the elixer of life. It's pretty good, though. Maybe Taco Bell can get it full time.

jshackles

I got my case in and I've had one can. I guess nostalgia had me pumped that this was the elixer of life. It's pretty good, though. Maybe Taco Bell can get it full time.

I almost feel bad because before today I haven't drank any soda in over a year.

Almost.

AHA-Lambda

Bump for new page.

Looking for a bit of direction guys:

just completed the investigation with the altar and the crows, it's the second one I've came across. After that looked through the abandoned family house, and the investigation told me that Ethan went to the mines through the tunnel near the locked gate. But I can't find any tunnel?

Where do I go from here and have I missed anything?

I wish there was a better way of keeping track of things, I appreciate the hands off approach but I feel it could at least use a map or something; so easy to lose your sense of direction I feel.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Taco Bell's parent company, YUM Brands, was spun off from PepsiCo a few years back and part of the deal was basically a lifetime contract to only serve Pepsi products.

That's why I bring my own can to Taco Bell and eat while making unbreaking eye contact with the employees.

Kuroyume

Banned
Once we reach 500,000 bundles sold, you get this for free

The Groupee EP includes a special collection of original work from EDM trio Super Square. An exclusive compilation only available for The Miracle of Music Campaign.

The fuck....

Dr Dogg

I almost feel bad because before today I haven't drank any soda in over a year.

Almost.

Outside of larger I haven't drunk anything carbonated for close to a decade as it gives my stupid indigestion. That and most soft drink looks and smell to me like they should come with a toxicology assessment.

Bump for new page.

Someone answered you in the OT. I would have looked but I'm not far in and don't want to spoil myself.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't think they're going to reach half a million bundles for that bonus...

Especially since one of those games is available for free.

SanctuaryRPG is a critically acclaimed strategic turn-based monster slaying and dungeon crawling adventure set entirely in the retro ASCII-art world of Sanctuary. The game is FREE to download and play to your heart's content.

That charity is a great thing though.

Miguel81

man, i remember my elementary school had some cans of Mello Yello at the lunch line

I used to drink it when I was in Georgia in the late 90s. It supplanted CC as my favorite soft drink.

Edit: RE4 is good GMG listed it twice. I'll wait to hear more about a possible "Lost in Nightmares" inclusion before I purchase RE5

Cody_D165

Banned
Wow, just got a 90% off coupon randomly in my inventory for Electronic Super Joy: Groove City that stacked with the current discount, so I totally just bought it for 27 cents. First time I've gotten a coupon that wasn't totally worthless in a long while.

I just got this too. A quarter and two pennies? Why the fuck not. I liked the first ESJ enough.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Interstellar Marines got probably the biggest content update to date, it has some kind of CO-OP now and Team Domination Mode is back and Get Killed By Bots. Haven't tested it yet, just read from steam forums.

Interfectum

These curated lists all come from the same echo chamber listing games that were already popular and well known on the old Steam. I'm not sure if this is going to solve the discovery problem. Obviously more time is needed but I think we'll end up seeing a lot of the more popular curators listing basically duplicate titles... titles that would have risen to the top anyway.

r3n4ud

These curated lists all come from the same echo chamber listing games that were already popular and well known on the old Steam. I'm not sure if this is going to solve the discovery problem.
Guess we'll have to wait for the floodgates to open.

Also, perhaps curated lists are more useful for folks who don't follow gaming as closely as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom