• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
GPU is the one thing im NOT getting right now lol. Im just sticking my old 580 in there for now until the 970/980s come out here (im not paying the ridiculous shipping prices these online stores ask)

Woah you can pick up a gpu at a regular ol brick and mortar store? Amazing I have nowhere I can go for that.

Jawmuncher

So, at what point does Lost Planet 3 start to suck? I would be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed the first two hours of the game.

It never really sucks from when I played it.
It's just a different experience from the other LP games. There are a few parts that are a little slow though but it never got so bad that it ruined anything. Don't bother with side missions though unless you're a completionist or they are right in front of you.

Tellaerin

Hehe. I think Shadow of Mordor was looking on 'good pr' for including future proof textures, but instead got 'bad' pr for there not beign good enough hardware to max it rightaway.

They should have included a "console" setting on the option sliders, so that people would understand how much better the theoretical max is with respect to the console versions. If the scale read, "Low - Console - High - Very High - Ultra" or something, maybe they'd get the picture and not lose their minds if they can't max everything out.

Tizoc

So, at what point does Lost Planet 3 start to suck? I would be lying if I said I haven't enjoyed the first two hours of the game.

The end game is the only weak point in the game IMO from a gameplay stand point, but the first 3/4 of the game are pretty good.

DocSeuss

WTF, I can't get Ethan Carter to work, it just crashes at startup.

Verify game cache, then? Because it should pull up a basic settings editor before even getting into the game.

It seemed to be running amazingly for me, even maxed.

That said, 16xQ CSAA or whatever it is doesn't appear to be an actual in-game option.

They should have included a "console" setting on the option sliders, so that people would understand how much better the theoretical max is with respect to the console versions. If the scale read, "Low - Console - High - Very High - Ultra" or something, maybe they'd get the picture and not lose their minds if they can't max everything out.

Console makers will NEVER let that shit fly, at least nothing that directly states that it's on par with a console version.

How about a rare 2K sale?

http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/?stop_mobi=once&cid=2kuk092614#!/promotion/878

At least you get a free copy of Bioshock 2 should you buy something

one day, X-com 2012 complete will be at $10. Until then, keep dreaming 2K.

Dr Dogg

Ethan Carter sure is purdy though mouse controls be damned they are as jerky as any UE3 game I've ever played.

I need to buy this computer already before I go mental from thinking about it too much. "should I get this, should I get that argh"

Buy the components for the games you want to play today. There will always be something better on the horizon in tech so trying to build some hypothetical futureproofed machine is really a bit silly. A good base is always a wise idea like a CPU that will last for years and a motherboard and PSU that will be able to deal with future upgrades like additional hard drives and GPUs. But really what ever you buy now there will be something better than in 12 months time or less.

Turfster

I don't like the fact that you apparently have to pick one of the 3 choices in the queue, otherwise games come back...
I don't want a huge wishlist, especially not with the shit interface they currently have.

Also, jesus christ Valve, fix the fucking non-region F2P crap that kills the queue already.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's the next thread tag

You'd be surprised at the number of emails I get that either call it "Enchanted Steam" or "Advanced Steam", and that's not counting the who knows how many that get lost because they send it to the wrong domain.

But given a) the sheer number of people that use it and b) the fact that 37.93% of the userbase comes from non-English speaking countries I think they're doing pretty good.

wilflare

i can't keep up with this thread at all.

on other news, seems like I would be selling my 280X and returning to my 5830 until I can afford the 970

goodbye AMD/ATI - i love your stuff... but guess it's time I head on to nVidia land

It never really sucks from when I played it.
It's just a different experience from the other LP games. There are a few parts that are a little slow though but it never got so bad that it ruined anything. Don't bother with side missions though unless you're a completionist or they are right in front of you.
I had a feeling that might have been what turned people off. Oh well, I never was too into Lost Planet to get my feelings hurt. Of course, Splash Damage had me worried like the next guy, but maybe they're just misunderstood. Still need to check out Yaiba.

I've been tempted to get it. Still hasn't hit my price level yet. It looks pretty good, visually and artistically.
It was 75% the other day on GMG and so far it's been totally worth it.

I had a feeling that might have been what turned people off. Oh well, I never was too into Lost Planet to get my feelings hurt. Of course, Splash Damage had me worried like the next guy, but maybe they're just misunderstood. Still need to check out Yaiba.

It was 75% the other day on GMG and so far it's been totally worth it.

you mean Spark Unlimited? Because if the game had been developed by Splash Damage i think more people would've been receptive of it.

Also, shit, that 25% off coupon drops RE4 to $7.5. Hmmmmmmm.

to the moon was added to indiegala back to school

at least we can play that one with our outdated non-console GPUs.... at least I hope?

It's made in RPG Maker. RPG Maker doesn't have hardware acceleration. GPU doesn't matter, it's about CPU. (And To The Moon doesn't attempt anything heavy so it isn't very CPU-demanding at all.)

Deitus

It's made in RPG Maker. RPG Maker doesn't have hardware acceleration. GPU doesn't matter, it's about CPU. (And To The Moon doesn't attempt anything heavy so it isn't very CPU-demanding at all.)

Rhaknar was joking. He was parodying the recent (overblown) freakouts over system requirements in PC games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, I tried.
Don't come crying to me later.
Even Rhaknar had to say I was right =p

when did I ever say you were right?

holy shit dude, I know sarcasm is hard to tell online sometimes, but good lord :p

when did I ever say you were right?
epEleQI.png

note that in my KS list, I rated TUG as low-medium risk, but because they were working with Yogventures, upgraded them to high risk.

~dat premonition~

Need your premonition and detective skills on the Reflex Kickstarter. (Or a link to the google doc if you've already assessed it :p)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys keep throwing my name around like im some sort of quality barometer

my favorite game atm, if not since many many years, is Marvel Heroes for crying out loud.

That being said, Dark was cool until I got stuck then it wasnt so cool. It is NOT a good game, but that is not an impediment for me to enjoy games

Also, that horror Spiderman game is out

3496002-3098255-kraven+the+hunter.jpg

Sober

Looks like they fixed all the price holes in the Total War sale. So now the Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai collections are now properly priced.

Xanathus

Extra from Bundle.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Xanathus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lilly Looking Through -- MB-07E86246BF693D58 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.

t1411754094z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like they fixed all the price holes in the Total War sale. So now the Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai collections are now properly priced.

I see they still haven't fixed the old "Add to cart" buttons and replaced them with the new ones. Oh well, at least they fixed the header images being the wrong size for Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom