• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

G700 here, same problem. have sights on caps lock for quite some time now. got used to it faster than expected

I just downloaded the last Logitech drivers. I see they now have an update function, must be a new thing, totally 'avant-garde'. I'm super pissed in fact.
I will try the the new ones, at first sight the right mouse button menu in firefox seems more stable, it doesn't really disappear if I move my finger.

Edit - Spoke too soon, it doesn't seem really better. Well let's see...

Miguel81

I don't think there is a comparison really. It's uniquely hellish, and probably a fittingly horrific final challenge for Dark Souls 2.

The rest of the DLC is well worth it though, giving you a great snowy styled area to explore and some rather fun boss fights with interesting mechanics.

Looking forward to this specific frigid DLC. From have always been fantastic with their environments, all the way back to the first King's Field. They're also fantastic at kicking my ass repeatedly, all the way back to the first King's Field.

EdmondD

Bought Ethan Carter using keys. First time ever using keys to get a game. Feels nice to get a day one discount. I think I will try this more often.

Really good game. A little on the short side but I was satisfied. Ending is a bit weak. Wish there was more opportunity for exploration and more puzzles. Atmosphere and graphics are top notch. Some really cool moments in the game. One of the prettiest games I ever played. I would recommend it.

I'm okay with $60 us games being $65 CDN, but if this means I've gotta pay tax than it's a good thing humble and GMG sell pretty much everything.

If they do in fact go to 65 we'll consider ourselves lucky. More than likely it'll be 70 plus tax. Although I don't know how it works, whether the publisher sets the Canadian price or if they just set one price and let Steam convert it.

Jawmuncher

My impressions for

I really don't even need to write about it this GIF sums it up.
759.gif

It was a great story that handled what it needed to do masterfully.
A average playthrough is about 3-4 hours long and even though it's a kinetic novel and not a typical VN.
The story is so well done that it's not a issue. If you enjoy the genre you should play this at some point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
because im an old man with a rotting brain, I dont remember most of the shit that came out in the last year or so (which I most likely own)

so in anticipation of the new rig, whats some good shit to try it out with that, like I said, came out in the last year or so?

off the top of my head I got:

the big 3 new ones Mordor, Aliens and Evil Within
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light
COD: Ghosts (meh this one i could probably max out right now, except maybe the physx dog hair)
Batman Oranges

anything else showcase-y? Ethan Carter I guess but I dont have that. Surely there was more stuff released that isnt a indie 2d game >_> (not offense to those but thats not the point here)

Deitus

Today I:

- Made $6 selling TF2 items I forgot I had from game preoders, with a few more left to sell
- Came home to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax sitting on my doorstep.
- Finally get to play Shadow of Mordor after spending the last week in anticipation.
- Found out the first recorded case of Ebola in the US is about 30 miles away from me ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ

Overall, pretty good day.

Mokoi

Banned
My impressions for

I really don't even need to write about it this GIF sums it up.
It was a great story that handled what it needed to do masterfully.
A average playthrough is about 3-4 hours long and even though it's a kinetic novel and not a typical VN.
The story is so well done that it's not a issue. If you enjoy the genre you should play this at some point.

Hmm, seems like I'm going to need a lot of booze on hand once I get to this. Which will happen very soon. Well that depends if I can stop playing CS;GO.

Jawmuncher

Hmm, seems like I'm going to need a lot of booze on hand once I get to this. Which will happen very soon. Well that depends if I can stop playing CS;GO.

Thanks again for gifting it.
I really enjoyed. To the point that i'm going to throw it on the Steam GOTY vote because I can.

Uzzy

Today I:

- Found out the first recorded case of Ebola in the US is about 30 miles away from me ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ

Overall, pretty good day.

I'll put you down as a 'maybe' for DOTA2 this weekend then.

EdmondD

because im an old man with a rotting brain, I dont remember most of the shit that came out in the last year or so (which I most likely own)

so in anticipation of the new rig, whats some good shit to try it out with that, like I said, came out in the last year or so?

Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light
COD: Ghosts (meh this one i could probably max out right now, except maybe the physx dog hair)
Batman Oranges

anything else showcase-y? Ethan Carter I guess but I dont have that. Surely there was more stuff released that isnt a indie 2d game >_> (not offense to those but thats not the point here)

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse? I don't know if those games are good I never played them. Ryse at least is supposed to be a graphical showcase.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light
Batman Oranges

Witcher 2: EE? (Might want to also use EatChildrens wonderful mod)
Wolfenstein: TNO

Jawmuncher

Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light
Batman Oranges

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse? I don't know if those games are good I never played them. Ryse at least is supposed to be a graphical showcase.

I second Ryse Rhaknar.
That looks to be the Go To Game now for a new rig. Also it's a lot of fun to boot and if you grab it from Russia, it's the perfect price with all the DLC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I completely forgot DR3 came out. like I said, im an old man. Ryse should be a good one too (dont have it yet tho).

I guess theres also the Ubisoft stuff like AC: Unity or FC4, but fuck those premium prices

I second Ryse Rhaknar.
That looks to be the Go To Game now for a new rig. Also it's a lot of fun to boot and if you grab it from Russia, it's the perfect price with all the DLC.

oh its not locked
yet
? interesting. Anything else came out? Its not just for testing purposes really, Ive been in a huge gaming rut the whole year, and im kinda hoping this will make me want to play some games
that arent Marvel
again.

Yep. Ubi doesn't deserve the money.

well that, and also after the new rig...what money? >_>

fucking glad I already got most of the new releases let me tell you

Jawmuncher

oh its not locked
yet
? interesting. Anything else came out? Its not just for testing purposes really, Ive been in a huge gaming rut the whole year, and im kinda hoping this will make me want to play some games
that arent Marvel
again.

You pretty much covered everything already as far as PC goes.

Shadows of Mordor
Alien Isolation
Final Fantasy XIII
Ryse
Evil Within
Borderlands Pre-Sequel
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Lords of the Fallen
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Day Zero Edition)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Those are the biggest titles that aren't indie in anyway.
Didn't bother to put Ubisoft stuff because of the premium price.
Italicized are more than likely not going to be anything for your new rig.

Rhaknar

You pretty much covered everything already as far as PC goes.

Shadows of Mordor
Alien Isolation
Final Fantasy XIII
Ryse
Evil Within
Borderlands Pre-Sequel
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Lords of the Fallen
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Day Zero Edition)
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Those are the biggest titles that aren't indie in anyway.
Didn't bother to put Ubisoft stuff because of the premium price.
Italicized are more than likely not going to be anything for your new rig.

forgot Lords of the Fallen and Advanced Warfare. Why did I forget AW if I remembered Ghosts lol. But im not paying 60€ for Advanced Warfare, even if unlike most people, I actually like the COD campaigns, and will gladly buy them at "just" 50%

Lords of the Fallen is locked, so maybe a 25% GMG voucher thing if its looking good. I do own Lara (I think? pretty sure I do) but isnt that next year?

Final Fantasy 13 might actually be nice to check the new rig, game looked gorgeous on PS3 tbh. And im buying it on GMG with the voucher sooner or later, I just keep forgeting.

Im not buying BL Presequel for full price, as much as I loved the first game, the second didnt do much for me. And I never got into any Civ so I dont think ill start with this one.

Dragon Age isnt on steam so meh. Unless it turns out amazing, im not bothering with Origin (please PLEASE lets not get into that)

nice list tho Munch. Most of it isnt out tho, did nothing really come out this year besides the Metros and Dark Souls 2? o_O

edit: oh theres also that...Raven...something? Something Raven? I dont know, some rpg. oh and Styx, could potentially be showcase-y (and good) and its pretty cheap

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just played 6180 the Moon. Started, finished it and got every achievement in a single session, exactly 88 minutes (the rest of my playtime was prior to that, as I had been idling it through Idle Master). It's a nice game, and it's fun, but it's extremely short. I've already seen everything there is to see and done all there is to do, and I don't see myself ever coming back to it. Also, it has some horrible screen tearing, which for me is the worst possible gaming crime.

It's a pleasant game if you need to waste an hour or two. Other than that, it won't blow your mind or anything. There are far more competent 2D platformers out there, even if this one has a cool "wrap around" mechanic (if you jump through the top or fall through the bottom of the screen you appear on the other side). If you ask me, I'd say about $1 is the right price for this game.

Jawmuncher

forgot Lords of the Fallen and Advanced Warfare. Why did I forget AW if I remembered Ghosts lol. But im not paying 60€ for Advanced Warfare, even if unlike most people, I actually like the COD campaigns, and will gladly buy them at "just" 50%

Lords of the Fallen is locked, so maybe a 25% GMG voucher thing if its looking good. I do own Lara (I think? pretty sure I do) but isnt that next year?

Final Fantasy 13 might actually be nice to check the new rig, game looked gorgeous on PS3 tbh. And im buying it on GMG with the voucher sooner or later, I just keep forgeting.

Im not buying BL Presequel for full price, as much as I loved the first game, the second didnt do much for me. And I never got into any Civ so I dont think ill start with this one.

Dragon Age isnt on steam so meh. Unless it turns out amazing, im not bothering with Origin (please PLEASE lets not get into that)

nice list tho Munch. Most of it isnt out tho, did nothing really come out this year besides the Metros and Dark Souls 2? o_O

edit: oh theres also that...Raven...something? Something Raven? I dont know, some rpg. oh and Styx, could potentially be showcase-y (and good) and its pretty cheap

That was my bad.
Totally forgot everything that had basically came out this year.
I always look to the future and forget all about games once their a week old.
I keep forgetting that Dark Souls 2 came out this year.

the new Lara Croft game is December 9th...The one you're probably thinking of for next year is the sequel to the Tomb Raider reboot for XBOX

Derp

I rage quit Assetto Corsa. 0.040 seconds (that's 40 fucking milliseconds) from beating The Stig's lap on Imola and getting the achievement.

I've been trying to get this fucking achievement for days, hours and hours on end and the closest i could ever get was about a second off. Most times were 2-3 seconds off. I've never been this frustrated at a game. It burns so bad. And on top of this the game doesn't save the ghost car for that lap when you leave and come back so you have nothing to compare to until you set a decent lap time again.

Never been so pissed off at a game before... Why do i suck so much.... Why can't i just beat The Stig... My life would be complete...

Stuff racing sims. Stuff The Stig. Stuff Top Gear. Stuff Imola. Stuff the Ferrari 458. Stuff everything.

mfwwatchingclannad-lostitatepisode18ofthe_015e9c_4001833.gif

I rage quit Assetto Corsa. 0.040 seconds (that's 40 fucking milliseconds) from beating The Stig's lap on Imola and getting the achievement.

I've been trying to get this fucking achievement for days, hours and hours on end and the closest i could ever get was about a second off. Most times were 2-3 seconds off. I've never been this frustrated at a game. It burns so bad. And on top of this the game doesn't save the ghost car for that lap when you leave and come back so you have nothing to compare to until you set a decent lap time again.

Never been so pissed off at a game before... Why do i suck so much.... Why can't i just beat The Stig... My life would be complete...

Stuff racing sims. Stuff The Stig. Stuff Top Gear. Stuff Imola. Stuff the Ferrari 458. Stuff everything.

You use a wheel?

Jawmuncher

Don't worry man, I believe in you.
You're bound to get it soon.
1056.gif

I don't even watch SuperNatural. But the GIFs are too good to ignore.

FloatOn

I purchased Pier Solar and played about 30 minutes. It feels good to play a traditional jrpg again. I'm looking forward to having more time to dig in tomorrow.

Rhaknar

wouldnt mind a good sale on Ass Creed 4, especially since the base price is 29.99€ now

Watch Doges is still 59.99€ tho >_>

It transfers everything. System Transfer transfers the "system" from your old 3DS to your new. That means your NNID, your purchase history, your save files, your pictures, your folders, and even how you have your icons arranged on the desktop. It then removes your "system" from the old 3DS, resetting it to a blank OS image as if fresh from the factory.

So it did. It's just damn nerve-wracking to do. Same feeling I used to get when burning a CD. But everything's cool now, and I'll probably keep that foam sheet between the two halves when not in use, to avoid the line on the upper screen this time! :)

Now if only I could figure out how not to break the circle pad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom