• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

The DS3 uses some strange bluetooth protocol. My receiver picks it up, but it won't pair at all. Odd that it supposedly pairs with macs o_O. Or is it?

BetterDS3 provides decent funtionality for Di and Xi so I'm not bothered at this point.

Sajjaja

no one remembers me ;(

I remember you as that guy who randomly joined CSGO competitive matchmaking after only playing for 5 hours.

Then I was like who was that? Everyone else was like iunno. Found out you were a Gaffer...was like..oh....well....k....thx4theL.

inm8num2

One of the better collectibles I've experienced. They're all optional, most of them require some mini spatial puzzle, collecting them advances a subplot and you put them on the map by dangling informants over ledges.

The whole setup is brilliant. I've thoroughly enjoyed doing side missions and hunting down trophies - really enhances the game overall. This game is just a beautiful love letter to Batman (not at all surprised with Paul Dini being involved), and it's so damn fun. I am Batman!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well since you have to use an unofficial driver for the DS3 to even work with anything I'm pretty sure that games only detect if you're using a DS4 to switch prompts since it works as a standard d-input controller without installing anything else.

Well, yeah, that goes without saying. Obviously games aren't going to be bundled with their own drivers. When people say, for example, that "The DS4 is officially supported" they mean "The game detects the DS4 provided it is correctly configured within Windows".

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well, yeah, that goes without saying. Obviously games aren't going to be bundled with their own drivers. When people say, for example, that "The DS4 is officially supported" they mean "The game detects the DS4 provided it is correctly configured within Windows".

Well I just think games should take PSO2's lead and have the prompts configurable.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

JaseC

Well I just think games should take PSO2's lead and have the prompts configurable.

Yeah, particularly for multiplatform titles it wouldn't be a tall order as the DualShock prompts already exist for the PlayStation version/s of the game.

aku:jiki

Oh wow, I posted about getting a €35 Fancy Skulls foil but I didn't notice the regular card prices until now...

InP7L4k.png

I guess some rednecks consider guns waifus or something.

Arthea

wait, I didn't even make to "steamgaf to remember list", disgusting

So how about that Pier Solar? Still nobody played it?

What's a safe GPU temp range? I'm overclocking for the first time in Afterburner to get a locked 60 with Ultra everything in Mordor right now.

under 90c?

JaseC

What's a safe GPU temp range? I'm overclocking for the first time in Afterburner to get a locked 60 with Ultra everything in Mordor right now.

under 90c?

I'd say you don't need to worry until you hit 90-95°C, but in the interest of longevity I aim to keep my cards below 75.

Thanks guys. I only added a 100MHz boost to it and it's staying at about 70-80fps for the most part, some odd dips. I should probably turn off Ultra textures since I only have 4GB and I think it stutters occasionally as a result.

Sendou

Man Shadow of Mordor owes a lot to the recent Batman games and Assassin's Creed. Which is not something new to say of course but I was quite honestly shocked by how closely some of the elements in the game resemble those two.

Good game though. Still need to tweak it a bit to get rid of some annoying slowdown but otherwise I'm really enjoying myself. Too many games to play.

ArjanN

Huh? So all SkullGirls DLCs were free when they launched? I MISSED ALL THREE. :'(

Eliza is still free for a couple of months, and there's still 2 more characters coming.

If you were an indiegogo backer you automatically already get all the DLC characters.

Can't add without base game? Ridiculous.

Yep, I rea do hate how Valve handles it's DLC implementation.

Why would they allow you to add the DLC without owning the base game, when the whole point of this free DLC is to get you to buy the main game?

Indignate

I mostly need to know one thing, can I save everywhere, if no, for sale it waits.

I believe you can, but it saves the state of the area at which you entered it.

So I think going into an area, fighting a couple of battles and then saving and loading would negate those battles.

Of course you can just walk back out or whatever before you save.

AHA-Lambda

Why would they allow you to add the DLC without owning the base game, when the whole point of this free DLC is to get you to buy the main game?

In this specific instance that's fair enough, I'm not moaning about not get free stuff (I have no interest in skullgirls), I just mean generally.

Why shouldn't I be able to get DLC for a game I have pre ordered elsewhere?

DocSeuss

I'm just not familiar with a lot of the folk here outside of JaseC, Grief, Jshackles, Milamber, and Atraveller. Those have been the more prominent ones. A few others, too, but I can't remember their handles(only avatars).

Edit: Oh, and DrDogg, too, the resident photographer.

I don't like you as a person

Dr Dogg

4 fecking hours left for Shadow of Mordor to download! Well at least it will be finished when I get in later on so I can play a coup,e of hours and post some initla thoughts here before moving on to something else :(

I'm just not familiar with a lot of the folk here outside of JaseC, Grief, Jshackles, Milamber, and Atraveller. Those have been the more prominent ones. A few others, too, but I can't remember their handles(only avatars).

Edit: Oh, and DrDogg, too, the resident photographer.

Ha! Well at least you remember me from my occasional screenshot dumping in here and not my more frequent crazy longwinded rants. To be fair though after a while it's easy to see familiar peeps from the regulars who post in here by either their habits or the self elected community role they have kind of taken on.

It looks like 2GB VRAM is just enough to run Mordor at 1680x1050 with everything but textures set to max:

http://abload.de/img/mordor08kbx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Seeing how most engines these days cache their texture and mesh data I wouldn't be too bothered or take what Afterburner reports as what the game is actually using. I'd say unless the game starts grinding to a halt (like to 5-10fps) or you get an annoying low memory dialog box pull you out of game you're 99.99% not running out of VRAM.

[quote="Crimsonclaw111, post: 132407870"]What's a safe GPU temp range? I'm overclocking for the first time in Afterburner to get a locked 60 with Ultra everything in Mordor right now.

under 90c?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every modern card has a optimal range for its core clock of 80c. If you go above that the card will down clock and sometime decrease the voltage to reduced temperature. Unless you're Salsa who will go bananas and 90-95c isn't out if the question but realistically they all have thermal protection and will shutdown when in danger at about 100c. In games mine only get to 75 under constant full load in SLI (top card anyway) and no more over 70 singular but my ambient temperatures are low here. Only real time I'm putting a full and heavy load on a GPU is when running something like Furmark or continuos loops of Heaven or Valley to stress test an Overclock.

tmarg

Shadows of Mordor is the perfect Christmas sale game. I guarantee you it will be half price by then.

I'm not sure it will. I think it's going to do pretty well, so I don't think it's really going to need to do big price drops. Plus, it's almost half price right now if you buy from Nuuvem anyway.

Echoplx

I'm not sure it will. I think it's going to do pretty well, so I don't think it's really going to need to do big price drops. Plus, it's almost half price right now if you buy from Nuuvem anyway.

Arkham Oranges was $20 on Amazon a month after release according to ITAD. WB have always been pretty aggressive with discounts.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hello. I'm here from the League of Steam GAF Lurkers.

You may not know us. But we know you.

Arthea

I believe you can, but it saves the state of the area at which you entered it.

So I think going into an area, fighting a couple of battles and then saving and loading would negate those battles.

Of course you can just walk back out or whatever before you save.

well, that would be no in my book.

Hello. I'm here from the League of Steam GAF Lurkers.

You may not know us. But we know you.

nice try!
but I know you

tmarg

Arkham Oranges was $20 on Amazon a month after release according to ITAD. WB have always been pretty aggressive with discounts.

The general reception to Oranges was a bit less enthusiastic. I'm sure even if they've been aggressive with discounts in the past, they will be willing to milk a hit when they've got one. Plus, the final Hobbit movie is launching in December, which will probably help drum up fresh interest for LotR related products.

I'm sure it will have a sale, but I'd probably guess 33%.

Mordor keeps freezing with a slight overclock, I see three numbers at the top of MSI's overlay (xx%, temperature, and then another percentage that seems to stay at 98 or 99%)

I reverted it but... eh. Guess I'm not one for OCing or I need help :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom