• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam store page update (discovery, curation, customization, blueness)

syko de4d

No idea if i like it or not, i think at the end i will like it.

But what i think they could have added next to the Topseller, New releases etc. tabs should have been a "Most Played" Tab where i can see top10-100 most played games with their price and actual player count.

Jimrpg

I love it, infinite
scroll
games in main page!

Jesus about fucking time. I hated having only 100 games to scroll through and then having it revert back to the freaking start of the list every single time I click back from a game page. Jesssssusssss!

THE FUCK?!

DZtKpoc.png

Does the curator (like the youtube personality or whatever) have some way of making money through this?

Not right now.

When this started getting floated around I remember the rumors did point to that though, with their storefronts and what not. Still could be happening.

Tenck

Oh man, biggest change is opening other windows with middle button on Steam now!

I've wanted this since forever. Thanks Gaben.

Feep

Banned
I don't know exactly how this works, but clearly I should figure it the fuck out because my entire business depends on it.

Also, how does the NeoGAF curation thing work? And how do I get my game on it when it comes out o_O

Nzyme32

NeoGaf curator? Is this legit or someone trolling?

The NeoGAF official group is a curator now - I assume the original person to set it up is responsible, the problem is that the main writers of reviews are clearly of the waifu persuasion, while the rest of us are too lazy to write anything :p

Love the update, the only thing i wish is that all these recommended games filtered out what I've already wishlisted. I wishlisted it, I know about it. Show me something new

I understand this probably helps indie developers with smaller budget games sell more copies but I don't like it. I've never purchased a game based on recommendations and this does nothing to change my mind. Too much clutter, too many things like "recently updated" and stuff getting in my way. I just want to see sales, player count stats, and new releases. If I really want a game, I will manually search for it in the search bar.

Also, why did they remove the page that showed the player counts for each game in the past 24 hours?

Lijik

I want a customizable version of this page. I really like using the tabbed options but I don't care for 'recently updated' or giving so much vertical real estate to giant buttons for a queue or curator list. It's not like I can view the queued items on this page anyway.

Yeah If I could just trim this down to the new release + recent sale section (and make it be all new releases instead of whats popular) I'd be a happy camper. Not really a fan of how it is now, it just adds a bunch of bloat thats well meaning but I ultimately dont want.

I understand this probably helps indie developers with smaller budget games sell more copies but I don't like it. I've never purchased a game based on recommendations and this does nothing to change my mind. Too much clutter, too many things like "recently updated" and stuff getting in my way. I just want to see sales, player count stats, and new releases. If I really want a game, I will manually search for it in the search bar.

Also, why did they remove the page that showed the player counts for each game in the past 24 hours?

still there: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

store dropdown to stats

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, I can remove those wretched early access games from the store front and actually look at it again.

ArjanN

The NeoGAF official group is a curator now - I assume the original person to set it up is responsible, the problem is that the main writers of reviews are clearly of the waifu persuasion, while the rest of us are too lazy to write anything :p

Most of those games are actually good though. Aside from a couple of bad VN games and Bad Rats.

Top Bottom