• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 |OT| It's better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

d6N4c9l.png

Stuff that you should now, but are going to ask anyways:
Install Enhanced Steam, it will be your best friend when it comes to browsing Steam on web browsers.

As there are no daily deals or flash sales, if there is ever a game you want to buy check first when its discount ends by going into that game’s Steam Store Page. If the timer shows it ends by the end of the sale (July 4th) then you can buy it at any time you want before the sale ends.

It should be noted that games won’t go any cheaper than what they are right now, although you may find a game cheaper if bought from other retailers such as Gamersgate, Greenmagaming, dlgamer, etc.

Some publishers offer their titles to be discounted for only a set period of time, Ubisoft, for example, may not have all their titles discounted at the start of the sale but they will put theirs up some days later. It is imperative that you check when such discounts end as they may end before the overall Summer Sale itself ends.

You CAN refund purchases that you made, follow this link for further info on Steam’s Refund Policies. Take note that any game that you do refund may be refunded as Steam Credit/Gaben Dollars.

Feel free to use ModBot to make giveaways of games you want to share with others. Instructions to using ModBot can be found in here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

Take note that games bought in certain regions are region restricted; if someone bought a game from Eastern Europe (see below), for example, they can only redeem that game in Eastern Europe. Said game could not be redeemed, if gifted, to another Steam user as it is region restricted still. The use of VPN for such a case may risk one’s account being Locked and Deleted, just deal with the fact that you can’t get Doom 2016 for $15 from Russia and pony up the money for this 60 GB behemoth.
These are some of the countries that fall among the Steam Stores whose content are region restricted:
Asia
Eastern Europe
Latin America
South-east Asia
the Middle East

Kindly don’t post your haul, there will be a thread made after the end of the Summer Sale where you can post your haul of games that you won’t play for the next 2-3 years.

Useful Links:
Dusk Golem's excellent hidden gems thread
Thread for discussion of building & buying Desktop PCs
Thread for discussion and recommendations on buying Laptops

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Doom is £23.99 which is way better than I expected but still too rich for my blood, £15 is my sweet spot for SP games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looking forward to some great deals

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
woot woot

first ever sale when I have a legit gaming PC

nearly ever game on my wishlist is on sale haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom