• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2016 |OT| It's better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Divinity Origin Enhanced edition worth it? I am a fan of Fallout 2 and Icewind Dale and it seems the isometric style is almost the same without guns .. RPG but with slightly more action. However I hate wordy games like BG and Planescape Torment etc..
There is quite a bit of dialogue in Divinity, if you want to talk. But the game has a focus on combat, and even in the bits where the game allows you to talk your way through, you can usually just plain fight stuff as well. So a big focus on player freedom. Also the combat system happens to be the best turn based combat system ever realized, by the way.

Arex

Interested in getting Subnautica, seems like a nice diving and exploring game?
But I never bought an early access game before, will I get the full game once it's released or do I need to rebuy it?

OmarYusaf

Interested in getting Subnautica, seems like a nice diving and exploring game?
But I never bought an early access game before, will I get the full game once it's released or do I need to rebuy it?

Buying an early access games is buying the game, you just get to play the janky early versions before other people get their hands on the final product.

I need someone to tell me DR3 is worth it. I know its cheap but all these games add up after a while. if DR4 isn't until next year I might grab it, but if its coming this year then I might just wait for that instead.
How is Dead Rising 3? Never played 1, really liked 2. For that price? Did they fix issues on PC version? Heard it was bad.
Dead Rising 3 isn't worth it; bad game and terrible sequel. Performance is still iffy even after the so-called fixes.

Nabs

I finally tried hexcells out just now - oh my god its minesweeper sudoku. I'm hooked.

Are the three games all independent - I can play hexcells and then move onto plus and infinite? They don't supplant each other? Hexcells seems fairly short but its soo good. Scratches that puzzle itch nicely, with a lovely ambient soundtrack that nicely integrates your moves with additional plinky plonky notes.

You got the idea. Go from Hexcells to Plus to Infinite. Hexcells plays like a tutorial, easing you into the trap known as Plus. Shit gets real.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
tbf, it's been a decent sale for me

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Real Boxing™
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Ryse: Son of Rome
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Goat Simulator
Valkyria Chronicles™
Goat Simulator: Original Soundtrack
Virtual Pool 4
Goat Simulator: GoatZ
Punch Club
Goat Simulator: PAYDAY
Goat Simulator: Waste of SpaceBatman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Mass Effect Collection
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Batman Arkham Origins
Tomb Raider GOTY Edition (RU/IN/CIS)
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Premium Edition
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
NBA 2K16
Stardew Valley

Lain

Went through my Summer Sale cards and turned the leftovers into gems.
What a pita it was: search for cards > select card and hit turn into gems > are you sure? > hit yes > you gained 20 gems > click OK > inventory page loading > inventory page doesn't go back to my search despite the search words still being there in the search input place > cancel at least a letter and re-type it to get the search result wanted > rinse and repeat. I tried the 1-click turn into gems ES button, but it simply didn't work.

Leonsito

Ugh, haven't been able to trade any card in the last hours, trade confirmations almost never appear, and when they do I can't accept the offers :(

Grief.exe

Ugh, haven't been able to trade any card in the last hours, trade confirmations almost never appear, and when they do I can't accept the offers :(

Do you have mobile authentication attached to your account?

What cards do you need?

I have
Everything is Fine x5
The Swell is righteous today x2
x marks the spot x3
Don't go chasing fireflies x1
Splash x2

Laieon

This was a pretty good sale for me overall (probably the best out of the past few). I'll be busy for a long time.

Picked up:

Fallout 4
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Doesn't run that well on my system though, unfortunately).
Prison Architect
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Fable Anniversary
Tales of Symphonia

I'm feeling that itch to buy something else before the sale ends but there is nothing that jumps out at me.

I also have Witcher 2 and Stalker that should tide me over for a while so I should probably walk away and do something else for 20mins.

Evo X

Quick question. What happens if I turn the trading cards I got from purchasing into gems or badge, but then get a refund for a game or two I am not sure about?

If I am thinking about returning some stuff, should I just not touch those cards and let them expire?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Slightly OT but how come Nuuvem prices don't come up in Enhanced Steam's Lowest Price section anymore?

One of two reasons: first of all, IsThereAnyDeal (who we get our pricing data from) take into account region locked items now, and Nuuvem has region locked a lot of their stuff. Secondly you may have disabled Nuuvem in your extension options page.

EDIT: speaking of Enhanced Steam, the servers are starting to die again as people scramble to make their last minute purchases.

Quick question. What happens if I turn the trading cards I got from purchasing into gems or badge, but then get a refund for a game or two I am not sure about?

If I am thinking about returning some stuff, should I just not touch those cards and let them expire?

They won't care about a couple of cards. As long as you don't abuse it (like buying then refunding >10 games).

Evo X

They won't care about a couple of cards. As long as you don't abuse it (like buying then refunding >10 games).

Huh. Well, in that case does anyone have Splash, Naptime is the best time, and Everything is fine cards they can trade me? Only ones i need to craft the badge.

My Steam name is DemonFang.

mdzapeer

I need someone to tell me DR3 is worth it. I know its cheap but all these games add up after a while. if DR4 isn't until next year I might grab it, but if its coming this year then I might just wait for that instead.

Well I tried Dead Rising 2, its an arcadey type game, but I am not enjoying it. Just not my type of game. The slow movement speed also doesnt really help.

I have refunded the games. Doubt I will enjoy Dead Rising 3 either, not my cup of tea.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My final haul:

Oxenfree (already finished, was great)
SOMA
Transformers Devastation
Hyper Light Drifter
Momodora III
DLC quest
Steam link

Already bought Inside as well, want to play that day one.

Tizoc

Please comsider joining us in the monthly gaf steam thread everyone :) thread will be upon within the hour

Leonsito

Do you have mobile authentication attached to your account?

What cards do you need?

I have
Everything is Fine x5
The Swell is righteous today x2
x marks the spot x3
Don't go chasing fireflies x1
Splash x2

Yeah, I received the notifications and usually it works well, but it seems like everything is broken today. Thanks but don't worry, my cards are now gems lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for making this sale a great one! I hope we see some of the new faces in our regular monthly Steam community thread. See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom