• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Confirmed to start June 11th, Get Yo Wallets Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the rules again for steam sales?

Buy only flash/daily or on last day? Is this correct?

hOvdqbr.png

I have a feeling they're going to mix it up this time, though. Something to encourage people to buy sooner. (I guess that's what some of the events were previously.)

Blue-kun

I'm ready.

I'm also ready for not being able to gift Ys games to fellow gaffers as usual due to crappy region limitations :(

Sad life. But I'll at least grab Life is Strange and Civ Beyond Earth.

Linkark07

Banned
I'll get my check tomorrow so... I can spend money on this sale...

Wait, why doesn't this 't makes me happy? I should be jumping in joy.

kswiston

I am debating my budget. Either $50 or $100. Probably the former unless GTA V gets a 30% or better sale (not holding my breath).

Community is going to vote for the wrong shit again just like every other sale.

This.

Divinity Original Sin, Axiom Verge, or Batman Arkham City for the 50th fucking time? Batman it is!

After the critical response of Life is Strange from the gaming community, I am interested to see if this game goes on sale before I commit to buying it. If the interesting story didn't grab me the way it did with episodes 2 and 3, I wouldn't have been as interested in this latest Steam Summer Sale "event."

kswiston

im confused never participated in oone of these. wheres the list of games on sale?

The list is 90% of what steam sells.

To be more helpful, most games will be on sale, but 9-12 larger discounts (usually on more popular titles) will be featured daily.

Backlog: reduced

Money situation: good

Recently upgraded rig: done

Wishlist: expanded

You may begin when ready, Valve.

C'mon $15 GTAV, only been waiting like 4 goddamn years

GTA5 better be fucking $30.

Please don't be the guys who keep griping in the Steam Sale OT that white-hot selling, recently-released games don't get the huge-ass discounts long-released, less-hot-selling titles get. It's like on every page of those.

I don't even have a steam account (or a gaming pc) and these sales are tempting....

Well a lot of indie games don't have high requirements and are some of the best games released in recent years. Also older pc games will go on sale, so even if you're just running a crappy integrated graphics card you should still be able to get a nice haul.

MrBS

I'm hoping to pick up Borderlands Pre Sequel on the cheap.... from somewhere other than steam during this sale thanks to regional pricing BS. Thanks 2K.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
D4.
Massive Chalice.
The Evil Within DLC.
Grey Goo.
Final Fantasy XIII-2.

If it's not one of those 5 items, I'm going to do my best not to buy it. I have 797 games on Steam, and I've finished less than 10 of them.

I don't expect much of a discount on D4 or Massive Chalice, but I wouldn't need much of one to convince to grab either.

D4.
Massive Chalice.
The Evil Within DLC.
Grey Goo.
Final Fantasy XIII-2.

If it's not one of those 5 items, I'm going to do my best not to buy it. I have 797 games on Steam, and I've finished less than 10 of them.

D4 came out like two days ago
10% is the best price you're getting for it for a while

120v

Been holding out on gta 5 for this... I don't expect it to be more than 15-20% off though

Anyway wooo bring it on

FoneBone

What are the rules again for steam sales?

Buy only flash/daily or on last day? Is this correct?

Also games that are discounted 75% or more outside of daily deals *usually* don't get discounted further, but there are exceptions.

Since everybody else is doing this, most wanted:

Wolfenstein TNO - fingers crossed for this to hit $10 or less
South Park (ditto)
Alice: Madness Returns
Saint's Row IV: GOTC
Dishonored GOTY
DmC 2013: Really hoping this goes to $7.50 or less, but since Capcom has been insanely stingy with price drops on this (it took them a good two years to lower the base price from the $50 it launched at), I'm not that optimistic
Just Cause 2 (I've missed the boat when it's been $3, but I'm sure it'll hit that again)
Oceanhorn
RAGE
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
The Stanley Parable

Harusame

It looks like I'm buying a $100 Steam card tomorrow. I hope the sales for Visual Novels are pretty good for this summer sale. I did get a few deals during the winter sale, but it's still not as many as I wanted.

D4.
Massive Chalice.
The Evil Within DLC.
Grey Goo.
Final Fantasy XIII-2.

I don't expect much of a discount on D4 or Massive Chalice, but I wouldn't need much of one to convince to grab either.

D4 is already 10% off plus it's Swery's game. I'd say, don't rely on a sale too much and support him. The dude deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom