• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faerith

Neo Member
I decided to pull the trigger on contraption maker at the last second. Love me some TIM, and a 2 for one at 50 percent off is my kind of deal. Please apply if you like these type of physics puzzle games.

Oooooh, a TIM-game.
*_*
(not that I'll be lucky enough to win, but: Ooooh, a TIM-game. I had so much fun with that, when I was a kid)

Shantom said:
It's not a clone, but Hexcells Plus should scratch the same itch.
Hmhm, looks Minesweeperish, and it's chea... oh, I own it.
Well, thank you for the reminder to actually try my non-card games and not to forget about them.
(Are we but paleolitic hunters&gatherers to find and collect innocent games out in the gog plain and steam mountain?).

liezryou

Last giveaway sequence initiated

exc.gif

Have you seen my post above yours? :eek:

Oh yeah as far as I know DS4Tool is a fork of the drivers I linked by a different developer. Does it support DS3 gamepads too side by side with a DS4? If so I might switch :D

The original DS3 SCP Service (Scarlet Crush) works with DS4.
No tray icons unless you want to start the monitor service to see which pad is being enumerated as controller 1/2/3/4.
You lose touchpad support and the ability to change the lightbar color, but otherwise, it's stable and amazing.

I can now use either my DS3 or my DS4 (in truth, I prefer the DS3) at will with any game and to me, that's the part that makes me say no to all these forked driver "tools" based off the original SCP DS3 service.

Ibuki

Banned
I grabbed Pacman Championship all you can eat, Enslaved, And the Divinity OS DLC. Those are my very last purchases and it's been a great summer sale. Anyone else grabbing some last minute stuff?

i did yeah sorry windowed mode was a brain burp lol meant fullscreen

I've done some digging and apparently it's an issue with the game running only in about 30hz still trying to find an easy fix ><

Ohhh that issue you mean! I had the same issue and fixed it relatively easy. First of all set the game to Windowed Mode at 1080p, then install this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42956

After Game Companion is running press CTRL+ENTER while in MGR and it will remove the borders and fill your screen despite it still technically being windowed :)

The original DS3 SCP Service (Scarlet Crush) works with DS4.
No tray icons unless you want to start the monitor service to see which pad is being enumerated as controller 1/2/3/4.
You lose touchpad support and the ability to change the lightbar color, but otherwise, it's stable and amazing.

I can now use either my DS3 or my DS4 (in truth, I prefer the DS3) at will with any game and to me, that's the part that makes me say no to all these forked driver "tools" based off the original SCP DS3 service.

Yeah I use the original Scarlet Crush drivers myself but thanks :) I was only curious if DS4Tool is on par now in terms of simultaneous DS4 and DS3 support.

i ended up getting more games that i had planned but couldn´t avoid buying some more co-op games to play with my daughter, and the wolfenstein sale was pretty unexpected but well received no doubt

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I dunno if I should still have hope DS2 will end up in XBone/ps4 with the old gfx promised and it that'll hit PC in a patch or upgradeable 'Enhanced Edition' with all the DLC.
What do you guys think, will current-gen Dark Souls 2 happen?

Still in the sale thread? At least it is familiar territory!

Awesome giveaway, nbnt! Your kindness knows no bounds. Good luck everyone who enters!

I don't understand... that bad rats cannot simply be... bad rats.
It must be a trick. Maybe it's some hidden gem of a game disguised to be something else...
Or maybe he jumpled the key values to not match the games they say they are...

What else could possibly explain why "bad rats" is there and it's explicitly stated to be bad rats?!

B2Hj1DB.gif

Either that or it's a glitch in the Matrix.

wilflare

I don't understand... that bad rats cannot simply be... bad rats.
It must be a trick. Maybe it's some hidden gem of a game disguised to be something else...
Or maybe he jumpled the key values to not match the games they say they are...

What else could possibly explain why "bad rats" is there and it's explicitly stated to be bad rats?!

B2Hj1DB.gif

Either that or it's a glitch in the Matrix.

what if it is Shovel Knight

Saiyan-Rox

Ohhh that issue you mean! I had the same issue and fixed it relatively easy. First of all set the game to Windowed Mode at 1080p, then install this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42956

After Game Companion is running press CTRL+ENTER while in MGR and it will remove the borders and fill your screen despite it still technically being windowed :)

Yeah I use the original Scarlet Crush drivers myself but thanks :) I was only curious if DS4Tool is on par now in terms of simultaneous DS4 and DS3 support.

ah awesome thanks i'll give that a look now!

Cru

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Cru:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious -- MB-8A548A8363D50EDD - Taken by Trejik. 21 entrants total.

t1404146671z1.png

I dunno if I should still have hope DS2 will end up in XBone/ps4 with the old gfx promised and it that'll hit PC in a patch or upgradeable 'Enhanced Edition' with all the DLC.
What do you guys think, will current-gen Dark Souls 2 happen?

I honestly doubt it, at this point.

They might get some sales from trying to port it up... but honestly, like Tomb Raider, I think it would be a quick cash grab with better performance for the consoles with no reason to put it on PC.

Besides, FROM is already working on Bloodborne and whatever else is next.

It's not impossible, but to me it seems highly unlikely.
And in truth, right now the biggest thing FROM could do for me is to patch Steamworks into the original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
People have been really generous in these threads:) Great giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom