• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people working for Ubisoft. Didn't take advantage of the pricing mistake because of it. Couldn't do it.

That said, I don't wanna pay 25€ on AC IV either. :)
It's about balance.

It's ridiculous to me that Child of Light base game was 25% off when the DLC was 40%.
I thought Capcom had them beat with 20% off RE4, but I just gifted it to a most worthy GAFer and found out it was actually 40% off.

Ubisoft still has the worst discounts of the sale.

Mono

I hate Bethesda policy about DLC pricing. I want Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored but price is ridiculous. GOTY edition is cheaper than 2 SP DLCs.

You'd think I'd learn not to buy Bethesda games at release with how many times I've been screwed over by their GOTY editions and DLC prices, but I still do it every time. :X

rrs

I hate Bethesda policy about DLC pricing. I want Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored but price is ridiculous. GOTY edition is cheaper than 2 SP DLCs.

It's been 50% off for like the last zillion sales, it makes no sense whatsoever

Red

Steam sales really knock me out of my work/leisure balance. I know it's ridiculous but I enjoy them how I imagine religious folk enjoy Advent or Ramadan. I spend way more time occupied with games than I would normally, and with these flash deals it's like my life is circling around 8-hour chunks.

So this is the first steam sale im taking part of. Is there daily deals that are not on the front page? I see FF8 is one of those, thats why I am asking.

Mono

So this is the first steam sale im taking part of. Is there daily deals that are not on the front page? I see FF8 is one of those, thats why I am asking.

There's a TON of deals not on the front page. But usually when a part of a series is a daily deal (like Final Fantasy XIV: ARR), then the other games in the series get a stealth discount as well.

Try this if you don't want to dig.

Chavelo

I remember when Injustice had a price error last Winter Sale or the one before that.

Two bucks for the GOTY or something like that. BAM.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Lurkers requirements
it's 5 posts in this thread or 5 posts in the last thread, not 5 total between threads. I know that's confusing. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-0B0D0882B24D027A

Unclaimed DLC key for Rome II TW. Figured I'd post it again since it's on sale now and some people may have bought it

Excellent... and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind a fresh cup of morning moe heh.

Tell me about it. Hopefully we can just get deals on Ikaruga and Typing of the Dead:Overkill (got a cousin who wants this and I love it). Then I can hold off because this winter will be brutal.

I don't know what "morning moe" is.

Anustart

Finally got to sit down and play Rogue Legacy for the first time. Holy shit, this game is awesome! Having a blast with this. Might be the best thing I've purchased during this sale.

yeah me too. I just killed the 3rd boss but then had to leave for work. Considered calling in but decided against it :(

Why haven't I seen the aliens: colonial marines "can't stop, steam sale" gif?

If someone can find it and post it, I'll look into doing another giveaway. :p

garath

Yeah, typically if a game is a daily deal, the others in the series might be heavily discounted as well. FF14 was on sale yesterday and today and the FF series got a discount with it.

oti

Banned
So is it stupid to wait for a deeper discount on games like AC Brotherhood, Resi6 and Dishonored? More than 75% games for AAA titles is an exception, isn't it?

Baust

Asterbreed is basically bullet hell+Zone of the enders.
If you like that get it.
3F4B2EC37EDEF688A6F732F72A0871A113988074

I... I can't wait for the dailies. HELP.

Steam sales really knock me out of my work/leisure balance. I know it's ridiculous but I enjoy them how I imagine religious folk enjoy Advent or Ramadan. I spend way more time occupied with games than I would normally, and with these flash deals it's like my life is circling around 8-hour chunks.
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to do this after this year's winter sale. Valve better start giving flash and community sales 8 hour cooldown periods like the dailies. Sixteen hours is more than enough for people who don't want to sit in front of a screen so much.
I don't know what "morning moe" is.
http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase-meanings/Cup-Of-Joe.html

Replace the letter "J" with "M" and you've got a terrible joke no one gets. Still, an episode of Nichijou has to be the best way to start a day off.

TheTrain

It's ridiculous to me that Child of Light base game was 25% off when the DLC was 40%.
I thought Capcom had them beat with 20% off RE4, but I just gifted it to a most worthy GAFer and found out it was actually 40% off.

Ubisoft still has the worst discounts of the sale.

Don't forget Activision, usually they put an insane base price for the older title.
This is the first year that I see Gun and Timeshift behind 5€, with 75%

Resident Evil pricing is so damn hilarious.

Stupid RE4 making me want to buy it

It's weird because while RE4 is the oldest of the RE games on sale, this HD release is actually the latest release on PC for the series. So you have that weird situation where RE6 is going for cheaper than RE4, which can be a bit of a head scratcher under just about any other circumstance

Tizoc

Whenever in a game's page read how much time is left on the deal. if it shows less than 48 hours, that means it is a daily or flash and may not go any cheaper.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to do this after this year's winter sale. Valve better start giving flash and community sales 8 hour cooldown periods like the dailies. Sixteen hours is more than enough for people who don't want to sit in front of a screen so much.

http://www.knowyourphrase.com/phrase-meanings/Cup-Of-Joe.html

Replace the letter "J" with "M" and you've got a terrible joke no one gets. Still, an episode of Nichijou has to be the best way to start a day off.

I know what cup of joe was, but have(had?) no idea what "moe" meant.

What are you talking about. Seriously.

You can clearly see it starting -- moreso now, but I don't think that GIF helped. What are you an anime-denier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom