• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2016 thread of hoping for better deals elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

PnH7Gws.png

LOL.

fushi

A quick summary glance tells me that now more than ever you are better off looking for deals elsewhere. I am honestly regretting waiting for this instead of picking up a few things earlier.

Every sale: yay a sale, let's see the deals

*sees deals*

wtf this is awful where the deals
*30 mins later*
oh there they are guess it was alright

Aretak

Final Fantasy X/X-2 only being 40% off sucks. It's 50% off on the Square Enix store, but I can't use my wallet credit there obviously.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Is there any mods to fix FFVI to not look like shit? Only reason I'm holding back on buying it is that the steam version looked like an abomination.

Guys, Gabe does not read these threads. He is not going to see you whining about the lack of dailies and bring them back. It's been what, a YEAR since they disappeared? Do we really need to go on about it over and over and over? It's tedious as hell.

Bytes

Store seems borked for the time being. Sometimes a game will appear as being on sale and sometimes it won't. I will hold off on being disappointed until the prices finally settle, at which point I'll be disappointed again.

Went live as I was browsing the store wonder when it was going live, clicked on things on my wishlist saw the went on sale from when I had the page up to clicked on the game link and then the store shit to bed. No point getting hopes up, there hasn't been a truly great Steam sale in years IMO.

Abhor

Steam asking me to login when I'm trying to vote through Steam client...

Probably best to just come back later

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
discounts are still being applied, calm the fuck down. every time I sware.

also Master Spy is 80% off, someone was shilling hard for that sometime ago

Grief.exe

FF5 or FF6 guys? And lol, no sale on RimWorld? :(

Frequently these Early Access titles, especially those targeting a more hardcore demographic, are not heavily discounting these titles during release. The argument being that these users will disproportionately leave bad Steam reviews and give bad feedback to to the developers.

Rimworld is worth the full price though, my personal GOTY.

Anustart

Guys, Gabe does not read these threads. He is not going to see you whining about the lack of dailies and bring them back. It's been what, a YEAR since they disappeared? Do we really need to go on about it over and over and over? It's tedious as hell.

Haven't seen a single person mention the dailies....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom