• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2016 thread of hoping for better deals elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Posted on behalf of Tizoc:

Essential tools for getting the best deals on games during this sale
Enhanced Steam extension offers various useful options such as showing which website has a game cheapest at, and can arrange your wishlist to show what games have discounts, among many other useful functions.
Idle Master for getting cards faster to sell and make some quick Gaben Dollars .
IsThereAnyDeal is a useful website to view price histories and find the cheapest current price.

Frequently Ignored Answers
There are no longer Dailies, Flash Sales or Community's Choice polls. Each game's page will state when their discount ends. As such to get the best deal possible best to wait until the last day and buy a game you want, just in case it becomes cheaper elsewhere during the sale. You can use Steam Refunds to refund a game, but make sure to read the FAQ linked for criteria for refunding a game. General rule of thumb is that if the game is not played for more than 2 hours and for the purchase of said game to have been in under 2 weeks, then it can be refunded.

Use ModBot to make giveaways of Steam games or any other form of digital code that you have. Just be wary of the regional restrictions on gifting mentioned here.

You do not need to post your haul here. Someone will make a dedicated thread as the sale draws to a close.

The sale ends in:
IXwypDy.jpg

Anustart

Wish dark souls wouldn't have gotten popular. First 1 and 2 discounted to 5$ quick. 3 acting like its a damn nintendo game.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Where are all the cool graphics and shit in my face that screams Winter sale? This is the most mundane looking sale page.

Tizoc

Please use Enhanced Steam to find the best deals for the games that interest you.

Check out huMBLEBundle.com, DLGamer.us and Gamebillet for cheaper alternatives to some games that amy interest you.
Other sites to check

Saw the page, said I wasn't logged in so hit refresh:
Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

XID: 2194657877
Ahh that's the first hour of Steam Sale.

I'll just come back later. Yeah I know but the glitches (the gem hyper inflation due to duplication was my favorite to read about as I missed that one)

chronomac

Reminder: Prices don't update immediately. It takes a while sometimes. Don't panic.

Reminder #2: Steam's store goes down sometimes. It's usually at the beginning of a sale day and it's not down long. Don't panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom