• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2016 thread of hoping for better deals elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-F6F1B6E507AD6163 - Taken by painey

Nabs

How well does Stardew Valley play with a Steam Controller?

It's really nice. I made a config where it uses a regular gamepad joystick along with mouse/kb (left/right mouse clicks on triggers, scroll wheel on bumpers, etc). You can then enable rumble for your Steam Controller, and have it work like a regular controller.

It's nice to have full mouse control along with rumble for things like fishing.

Orgen

Finished IMSCARED. Weird game but totally recommendable (pity that it's not on sale now it seems... so better wait for another sale).

Uzzy

Make sure to pick up Glittermitten Grove this sale. It's a game about faeries, not a frog, and even though it's not on sale, these sort of games are just fractions of a full price game, and is two good to miss.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Any cyberpunk recommendations? I'm feeling something first person that really pulls me into the world.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Hard Reset Redux
ROOT
Vektor Wars
Neotokyo
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
SiN Episodes: Emergence
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon maybe?

What's your experience with racing games? Way into sims and play with a wheel or are you more of a casual player, enjoy arcade?
I play with a controller most of the time. I played Dirt, NFS (including their Shift 2 Unleashed), recently started Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6.

Branson

I play with a controller most of the time. I played Dirt, NFS (including their Shift 2 Unleashed), recently started Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6.

Project CARS is on the more sim side of the spectrum. Way more SIM than Forza, and it takes after PC sims a bit more than the rest. Its a fun game for sure, looks great. But it deals with more of the motorsports side of racing with actual race cars than with street cars. You'll have to spend a little bit of time getting the controller set up with it to make it feel right like those other games do out of the box, as its a bit hard to drive with a controller.

It does have underlying issues with the SIM aspect of it but if youre not really into that side of it super much it wont matter that much to you.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nete, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-E8440EC7D8F79F0C - Taken by yoshizzle. 74 entrants total.
DOOM (2016) -- MB-C2A034A41FC14089 - Taken by Nudull. 62 entrants total.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided -- MB-C04D550D01C2A9F5 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 57 entrants total.
Rocket League -- MB-4CAA3B416DFAA3F8 - Taken by Loptous. 22 entrants total.
X-Wing Bundle -- MB-B009C8BD1D3E3B11 - Taken by Adnor. 5 entrants total.
Needs a joystick... and remember to mod the hell out of Alliance
XCOM 2 -- MB-B7F1F47D1AB9338B - Taken by inky. 58 entrants total.

t1482842893z1.png

Orgen

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orgen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ADR1FT -- MB-F8BB785E385B58AA - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 13 entrants total.
Shadow Complex Remastered (Epic Launcher) -- MB-9B9FF1E6014E43AB - Taken by Metroid. 1 entrants total.

t1482810502z1.png

Enjoy

Regginator

If Rocket League doesn't win the "5 more minutes" award, I will fucking riot. That award was made for Rocket League, who doesn't have a "just one more game" feel with it? In fact, the matches are 5 minutes for fuck's sake.

I got $50 of credit. I'm thinking of buying Astroneer and possibly Mankind Divided. Maybe Danganronpa 1 (gonna need to go over my credit for that).

But then Doom... and Dirt Rally... I feel like I have a problem worth my backlog now haha

Project CARS is on the more sim side of the spectrum. Way more SIM than Forza, and it takes after PC sims a bit more than the rest. Its a fun game for sure, looks great. But it deals with more of the motorsports side of racing with actual race cars than with street cars. You'll have to spend a little bit of time getting the controller set up with it to make it feel right like those other games do out of the box, as its a bit hard to drive with a controller.

It does have underlying issues with the SIM aspect of it but if youre not really into that side of it super much it wont matter that much to you.
Thanks for your input.
Hard to drive with controller hmph. Isn't the game multiplatform?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I got Gungeon working on my GPD Win, finally. This game is pretty fun but the guns feel like crap. They feel absolutely awful. I also feel like my characters need more health or stronger weapons. Where's an in game tutorial on the character types, weapons, items? Did I miss something? It just throws you in.

I got Gungeon working on my GPD Win, finally. This game is pretty fun but the guns feel like crap. They feel absolutely awful. I also feel like my characters need more health or stronger weapons. Where's an in game tutorial on the character types, weapons, items? Did I miss something? It just throws you in.

There's a tutorial room on the left portion of the breach. There characters are all fundamentally similar.

yuraya

I got $50 of credit. I'm thinking of buying Astroneer and possibly Mankind Divided. Maybe Danganronpa 1 (gonna need to go over my credit for that).

But then Doom... and Dirt Rally... I feel like I have a problem worth my backlog now haha

Best thing to always do is buy what you want to play at this very moment. Everything else can wait until there is a sale next time in the summer. Or sooner as stuff gets discounted on Steam all the time.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
There's a tutorial room on the left portion of the breach. There characters are all fundamentally similar.
I did that tutorial but it doesn't talk about too much. Is there more in there?

I see the hunter has a dog. That's cool but I have no idea the purpose. Kind of weak to not have any info on this stuff. But the game is overall pretty fun. Just wish the guns felt better.

I did that tutorial but it doesn't talk about too much. Is there more in there?

I see the hunter has a dog. That's cool but I have no idea the purpose. Kind of weak to not have any info on this stuff. But the game is overall pretty fun. Just wish the guns felt better.

The dog has a random chance to find items sometimes, its not amazing. There's blurbs of info for just about everything in the ammonomicon. The guns vary pretty wildly from real strong, to stupid meme guns. The usual quality of chests goes brown>blue>green>red>black skull.

http://enterthegungeon.gamepedia.com/Enter_the_Gungeon_Wiki Here's the wiki, I don't know about its quality of information though.

StereoVsn

Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Hard Reset Redux
ROOT
Vektor Wars
Neotokyo
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
SiN Episodes: Emergence
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon maybe?
I would also really recommend a few non first person games:

- Shadowrun Trilogy (Dragonfall and Honk Kong are very good)
- DEX - 2D cyberpunk ARPG
- Technobabylon - damn good adventure game

Regginator

Is there no Steam trade forum for the Winter sale cards? When I click on "Visit trade forum" it sends me back to the store homepage.

fallout

I need a good podcast game? Dragon's Dogma or Tale of Symphonia? Or Both?
I only played it on the GameCube, but ToS is definitely a good podcast game. You can set it up to auto-fight battles, which is rather for convenient for several of the dungeon slogs.

ag-my001

Was reminded by the giveaway above: how do the X-wing games work? Are they just DosBox versions? Are they the Win95 versions that replaced the music and models?

I keep meaning to buy them, but I feel they've been cheaper than the current price.

Zomba13

Ended up buying more stuff. Both The Room 1 and 2 because I always wanted to play them but couldn't on my mobile. Got Half Minute Hero The Second Coming because I loooved the one on 360 and also grabbed The Metronomicon because I like rhythm games and the soundtrack is pretty sweet.

Imur

It's really nice. I made a config where it uses a regular gamepad joystick along with mouse/kb (left/right mouse clicks on triggers, scroll wheel on bumpers, etc). You can then enable rumble for your Steam Controller, and have it work like a regular controller.

It's nice to have full mouse control along with rumble for things like fishing.

Thank you, sounds good! I guess I will try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom