• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munin

This is the first time where all flash sales are games I already own. Which I wouldn't blame anyone for if 3 of them hadn't already shown up before as well. Geez.

Steeven

This must be the most cheapest and thus worst sale I've experienced on Steam. I've only bought Death Rally and Hotline Miami for €10 total. I gifted The Walking Dead to my wife for €12,50 I believe. The games I wanted were still too expensive imo. Luckily I have this backlog.

This must be the most cheapest and this worst sale I've experienced on Steam. I only bought Death Rally and Hotline Miami for €10 total. I gifted The Walking Dead to my wife for €12,50 I believe. The games I wanted were still too expensive imo. Luckily I have this backlog.

I think its a great sale, lots of deals on other websites like Amazon and GMG i think Steam is just shearing the wealth :D

Interfectum

What were some of you expecting with this sale? Far Cry 3 for $5? Besides the lack of achievements and GMG/Amazon putting up some good competition I don't really see what's wrong with the sale. The only problem I have personally is I already own 90% of the games that have good deals. (my problem, not steam's lol)

Bulzeeb

I was wondering when this would go up. I think I'm going to get Sonic Generations over at GMG for ~$5.

my impulsive buyer self wants to spend the money, my rational self tells me clear some games from my back log first, the battle in my mind continues :S

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah, next year we should rename the Steam Winter Sale thread to just the Winter Sales thread, lots of other sites getting the attention they deserve here during this same period. I spent less than $25 for Sleeping Dogs and XCOM on GMG, so I'm plenty happy about this sale.

BFIB

I've gotten exactly what I wanted out of this sale.

I finally had some Steam Wallet money to blow, but I realized that I'd buy all of these games, and they will just sit in my backlog...with the games from the summer sale I haven't even got to yet.

So I'm getting bits and pieces here and there. So far, my damage has been:

Skyrim DLC
Civ V upgrade to GOTY
NFS: Hot Pursuit
Deus Ex: HR

Gifted The Witcher.

woo-hoo, repeats!

I'm not really sure if I plan on picking up anything else, this sale. I think I spent way too much as is already, but we'll see...

Retne

What were some of you expecting with this sale? Far Cry 3 for $5? Besides the lack of achievements and GMG/Amazon putting up some good competition I don't really see what's wrong with the sale. The only problem I have personally is I already own 90% of the games that have good deals. (my problem, not steam's lol)

The reason people are down on this sale are 3 things. First is that a lot of these games have been on sale for cheaper on steam. Secondly the deals keep repeating themselves constantly with new deals coming out very rarely. Finally there are no achievements/metagame to play.

It's easily the worst steam sale I've participated in and it's kind of a shame to see. I don't think anyone was expecting super huge cuts on game that just released.

Yuripaw

Banned
Was x-com enemy unknown part of the sales yet? I can't remember. if so, how much? and do they do repeats?

I already own it, but I wanna gift it to a friend.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Debating between the THQ Bundle at $25 or the Age of Empires III complete pack at $10. I'm mainly interested in the THQ Bundle for Company of Heroes, but the pack doesn't include Tales of Valor. It does however include Dawn of War II.

The AOE3 bundle is a lot more straightforward but the demo didn't really do much for me. Hmm decisions, decisions...

ChesterCharm

Neo Member
Yeah, next year we should rename the Steam Winter Sale thread to just the Winter Sales thread, lots of other sites getting the attention they deserve here during this same period. I spent less than $25 for Sleeping Dogs and XCOM on GMG, so I'm plenty happy about this sale.

This needs to happen. Who wants to start it?

Amazon
Greenmangaming
Gog
Getgamesgo
Desura
... What else is out there?

Nymerio

Woah, what the fuck. Did they change the price on Hot Pursuit? I was just about to buy it and it says the price is now 9.99, but it also says the flash sale is still on for half an hour.

baconcow

I want Puzzle Agent 2 to go down in price. Just finished the first and thoroughly enjoyed it, but being jobless, the current 5 bucks are too much.

Come on, Garry, stop giving us repeats of the same big-studio crap and give us something new.

Also, I regret not having jumped on Resonance. Later read someone completed it in 5 hours, would have been the perfect length. :(

Check PM, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom