• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, what the fuck. Did they change the price on Hot Pursuit? I was just about to buy it and it says the price is now 9.99, but it also says the flash sale is still on for half an hour.
Yea, they changed it around around 6am maybe? Its no longer listed as a flash sale.

Volcynika

Woah, what the fuck. Did they change the price on Hot Pursuit? I was just about to buy it and it says the price is now 9.99, but it also says the flash sale is still on for half an hour.

The price reverted early. If you look at the game's page it doesn't mention being under a flash sale anymore.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
I woke up after getting only four hours of sleep hoping that this had been fixed. Apparently not. :(

Yeah it's a strange that they didn't fix that. It's their loss. I was prepared to double dip.

Hopefully they notice the mistake and put it back up again before the end of the sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yes

Core at 50%, haha, sold! Still just 10% on Void though, damnit, Gaijin.
I'm sure Core will come up in a future Humble Bundle, so I'll wait for 75% off if it doesn't. I also think it's the worst game of the series, which, while not bad, I haven't enjoyed as much as the rest. C'mon Flux, get on Steam already!

Nymerio

Glad I jumped in on Hot Pursuit while it was marked at $4.99.

I wish I had as well. At least I already have it from Amazon, but it would be nice to have it directly in steam as well. Was it mentioned if it was a simple pricing mistake or if there was another problem?

Raven77

Okay I'm sick of hearing about a few of these games but wondering how they actually are. Any opinions on the below?

Cave Story+

FTL - Faster Than Light

Orcs Must Die 2

Besides that, what are some other truly great games like the above??? I don't want something that "feels" homemade. I don't like rhythm games or games that make you buy stuff to complete it / do good.

I recently bought Dungeons of Dredmoore and am not really liking it. The controls are horrendous.

1-D_FTW

Yeah it's a strange that they didn't fix that. It's their loss. I was prepared to double dip.

Hopefully they notice the mistake and put it back up again before the end of the sale.

Or maybe it'll just be a Daily today;)

I wish I had as well. At least I already have it from Amazon, but it would be nice to have it directly in steam as well. Was it mentioned if it was a simple pricing mistake or if there was another problem?

The flash timer expired too early.

MRORANGE

Zbaxw.png

Tizoc

I voted for Freedom Force since I've wanted that game since the sale started XD.
...and Chivalry AGAIN?

Sanic

I'm sure this was brought up a day ago when the dailies went live, but what's up with the Far Cry bundle being more expensive than the individual games? This happens every single sale; sometimes the amount isn't significant, but in this case, it is. Frankly, it's really shady.

Ryan_

Is Orcs Must Die 2 any good?

I played the first one a bit but was looking for a good co-op game to play with a friend.

Volcynika

I'm sure this was brought up a day ago when the dailies went live, but what's up with the Far Cry bundle being more expensive than the individual games? This happens every single sale; sometimes the amount isn't significant, but in this case, it is. Frankly, it's really shady.

It's supposed to be the deluxe Far Cry 3, I've read from some people that bought it said they've gotten the deluxe. It's even listed correctly in the UK.

cicero

Pricing errors happen for other games too.

DURING a flash sale, ONLY for a specific group of games, and then not fixing it for several hours, despite its being a major flash sale error that suddenly occurred for no reason? Come on...

I think the far more plausible reason is that for some reason they decided to intentionally pull the sale and change the reduction in price back to the normal sale price.

Volcynika

DURING a flash sale, ONLY for a specific group of games, and then not fixing it for several hours, despite its being a major flash sale error that suddenly occurred for no reason? Come on...

I think the far more plausible reason is that for some reason they decided to intentionally pull the sale and change the reduction in price back to the normal sale price.

Yeah. Keep on thinking crazy stuff.

So the steam sale is officially dead now right? So from now on we can let the Amazon sale thread get to 2 OTs.
That idea posted up there about an all-encompassing general purpose winter sale thread would be amazing. It would be hectic, chaotic and anarchic, but amazing nevertheless.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Okay I'm sick of hearing about a few of these games but wondering how they actually are. Any opinions on the below?

Cave Story+

FTL - Faster Than Light

Orcs Must Die 2

Besides that, what are some other truly great games like the above??? I don't want something that "feels" homemade. I don't like rhythm games or games that make you buy stuff to complete it / do good.

I recently bought Dungeons of Dredmoore and am not really liking it. The controls are horrendous.

I love Cave Story+. Very oldschool, very retro. Lots of replayability if you go in for tough as nails challenge, but it's very pleasant and fun going through it on easy and choosing the easy paths.

With Dredmore, try using the arrow keys to move around. It's easier to spot and avoid traps, and not hitting traps goes a long way to not being dead. Finding a class build that works for you is pretty tough too. I found the...Psyker? Mentalist? Telepath? skill tree to be really swell. Healing, crowd control, good damage with pyrokinesis. Also look at the workshop for mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom