• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about inconsistency:
1nXwn.jpg

this is just the store right? DLC shouldn't be showing up in the game client. they can name the store page as screwed up as they want...just be consistent in the client

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Steam should allow you to rename a game in your library so it would have your "proper" naming conventions. I've wanted to do this with several of my titles.
Not only that, but it should let you rearrange them in the order that you want. I seriously HATE how some franchises screw up with the chronological/timeline order, and are sorted alphabetically. Meaning that you can have the third game first, then the second, then the fourth, a couple of spin-offs and finally the first one (I'm talking about you, Serious Sam).

But the worst thing I've seen yet is the Monkey Island remakes. One game is under the S letter, and the sequel is under the M. Makes sense.

Miker

Not only that, but it should let you rearrange them in the order that you want. I seriously HATE how some franchises screw up with the chronological/timeline order, and are sorted alphabetically. Meaning that you can have the third game first, then the second, then the fourth, a couple of spin-offs and finally the first one (I'm talking about you, Serious Sam).

But the worst thing I've seen yet is the Monkey Island remakes. One game is under the S letter, and the sequel is under the M. Makes sense.

Is it Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2? Because the sequel isn't called "Secret of Monkey Island 2," but just "Monkey Island 2."

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Tropical 4, yay or nay? I have never touched the franchise.

Never touched the franchise? The games are awesome. If the concept of "SimCity for south american dictators" does anything for you then its definitely worth picking up, even if it is basically just Tropico 3+

Tomodachi

I've heard GB is included in TFoL, so you can play it from there. I don't know about their quality, TFoL was on my wishlist for some time till I heard of their extremely short length (15 minutes or so for each one).

I wouldn't throw money at it, it's a sub hour experience any way you cut it
Still worth looking at gravity bone though

fwiw Gravity Bone is available for free to download from their website.

I liked it, it'll probably show up in more indie bundles sooner or later if you're that bothered about the length.

I liked Thirty Flights of Loving, and before that, Gravity Bone. It's something video games don't do often. Short-form story telling with simple graphics and music that ooze purpose and emotion. Or I could do the "fans of the genre" thing. Fans of Gravity Bone will like Thirty Flights of Loving.

TFoL has Gravity Bone, and mostly to see Blendo's progression you should play it first.

It's really interesting. I don't regret buying it. It tells a better story in 15 minutes than most games do in 6+ hours.

Thanks a lot guys. The fact that is short and story-focused is actually a big plus for me. Definitely getting it before the sale ends.

Omega

Banned
wtf man skyrim was just on sale.

kind of regret not getting sleeping dogs when i had the chance. was positive they would repeat it like everything else

Necrovex

Never touched the franchise? The games are awesome. If the concept of "SimCity for south american dictators" does anything for you then its definitely worth picking up, even if it is basically just Tropico 3+

You just sold me on Tropical 4. I will play it once I finish Persona 4 Golden, which will take ma a week or so at this rate.

mrgone

wtf man skyrim was just on sale.

kind of regret not getting sleeping dogs when i had the chance. was positive they would repeat it like everything else

I don't think it's been a daily deal yet, so it might pop up in the last few day (or is it two?). Hell, it might not have won because it's a daily tomorrow anyways. Follow the money!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Miasmata yay or nay? Does it run halfway well on integrated graphics?

AlexBasch

Bought Tropico on the last sale but never bothered to actually play it.

I mean, I created a dictator named Heisenberg, but other than that, nothing.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2? Because the sequel isn't called "Secret of Monkey Island 2," but just "Monkey Island 2."
I know, but it still bothers me a lot. Why not rename the first one, removing "The Secret of" from the title? Or making games in the same franchise appear in order, disregarding the alphabetical order.

played some FTL recently. fuck that game is really good.

so good. finally picked up a transporter and stealth systems....shit the game gets intense. fun fact : if you teleport some guys over and the ship gets destroyed, they don't come back.

back to sector8 on easy....looking to take down the boss this time, now that i know form2 is a sonofabitch

I missed football manager on the 25th, why wont they put that on sale again?! :(

because you want it. that seems how these sales are going

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The intense amount of deal repetition must have something do with the kind of data they want to collect for this sale. (Or maybe it's just that they are running it for so long and they're experimenting with this kind of structure.)

I wonder if the economist will share anything about this sale on the blog. Probably not.

I want to know if the subjective negative reactions to the sale are at all predictive of lower sales figures/revenue.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Fans of Total War, is Napoleon not as good as the others?

COME ON SPACE QUEST COLLECTION, GO ON SALE!
Don't mess with the steam version, I hear its poorly implemented for win7. Just buy the bundles from GOG.com for 2.50 each, and you never have to worry about them not running either.

dreamfall

Good to see The Longest Journey + Dreamfall up there! Voted CS: GO, with no intention of buying any of those games.

Daily deals- bring something different pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom