• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamfall

This is why I refuse to buy the first two.

I think my new/only option with EA is- if it's published by them, get it on Origin. Sim City 5, Dead Space 3, etc. All those newer titles seem to have a safe haven there only.

I worry for the day that Ubisoft does the same- although U-Play is already a pretty dastardly service!

I think my new/only option with EA is- if it's published by them, get it on Origin. Sim City 5, Dead Space 3, etc. All those newer titles seem to have a safe haven there only.

I worry for the day that Ubisoft does the same- although U-Play is already a pretty dastardly service!

For some reason Amazon.com has started selling Steam keys for Assassin´s Creed® III, so I wouldn't give up hope for that yet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Garry will put it as a daily in less than 2 hours. BELIEVE! lol.

This! The only game I've actually been waiting on picking up throughout this entire sale but still no flash or daily deal. Hope is dwindling but ill be sat F5'ing and wishing in 1.5 hours time.
I wouldn't count on that. In the OT1 I said that one of the new Flash Sales would be a TF2 hat. Of course I was joking at the moment, but you can imagine my surprise when that exact same thing happened a few days later. Well, not exactly the same: there were TWO hats on sale, instead of only one.

So just for the record, I believe one of the dailies today will be a bunch of Tribes: Ascend* items. Then we may have the Portal franchise again, and maybe the Darksiders franchise too, if THQ is feeling generous.

*replace Tribes: Ascend with any random F2P game available on Steam

Mrbob

Just noticed Tropico 4 is back on a flash deal for a couple hours. Highly recommended. Especially if you just want to chill and build your tropical paradise. One of the best surprises I've had in awhile.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Games published via EA Partners are free to also go elsewhere, mind you that arm of EA is not exactly brimming with releases (the most recent being The Secret World). Although Crytek seems to enjoy sharing a bed with EA, I imagine it'll eventually push for a release of Crysis 3 on Steam a la Crysis 2's reappearance with the Maximum Edition label.

Soi-Fong

I'm wondering if I should double-dip on Tropico 4 and also get the DLC since I got it from amazon, but the amazon ver wasn't steam activated... Or should I just get TLJ + Dreamfall..

Good point about dead space. If DS3 isn't Steam bound I wont get the first two if they go on sale.

Tadale

So after the Dota pass went on sale earlier this week, I kind of got interested in playing the game, but didn't really understand how the early buy-in worked, and missed it at 75 percent off.

After watching a bunch of videos and reading some guides, I'm pretty well sold in the game, but I don't know if I want to spend $22 to find out for sure. Is it worth grabbing that bundle, or maybe does anyone know how often beta codes are sent?

Torraz

So after the Dota pass went on sale earlier this week, I kind of got interested in playing the game, but didn't really understand how the early buy-in worked, and missed it at 75 percent off.

After watching a bunch of videos and reading some guides, I'm pretty well sold in the game, but I don't know if I want to spend $22 to find out for sure. Is it worth grabbing that bundle, or maybe does anyone know how often beta codes are sent?

Send me your e-mail or steamid via PM and I can give you one my my beta codes.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm wondering if I should double-dip on Tropico 4 and also get the DLC since I got it from amazon, but the amazon ver wasn't steam activated... Or should I just get TLJ + Dreamfall..

I don't think I will ever understand this fascination of having everything on steam. You are willing to spend $10 to grab the base game, and its DLC, after spending $10 on the base game elsewhere, just so it can be in your Steam library?

JaseC

I don't think I will ever understand this fascination of having everything on steam. You are willing to spend $10 to grab the base game, and its DLC, after spending $10 on the base game elsewhere, just so it can be in your Steam library?

One or both of:

1) +1 to Steam game count
2) The desire to have everything as possible under the one, well-managed roof -- the client handles installation/uninstallation as well as game updates, and in some cases the Steam variants of non-Steamworks games have Steamworks support (achievements, cloud saves, etc.)

KPJZKC

So GAF, what Tropico DLC should I get? I've grabbed Modern Times as it seems to be the only one that's obviously worth the money.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hmm, Tropico 4 worth it even though I already own Anno 2070/SimCity 4?

I have only played a little(i.e. 40 minutes or so) of T3, but the tropico series has more political influence. Meaning you could be an ruthless dictator, or a caring loving president. Assassinations and propaganda play a role too, as you will have to be reelected every few years. And whatever promises you make, (I think) become goals for the next set of years. The music gets annoying though.

One or both of:

2) The desire to have everything as possible under the one, well-managed roof -- the client handles installation/uninstallation as well as game updates, and in some cases the Steam variants of non-Steamworks games have Steamworks support (achievements, cloud saves, etc.)

More of #2 than #1. Just sign into Steam and BAM, there is all my games.
So JaseC, do you buy games to collect or play?

Ok, I understand that, but enough to double dip?

dreamfall

One or both of:

Completely this. I've bought games for really cheap on Amazon, that weren't Steam activated, and involved some crazy forum searching for the right update to get it to work on Windows 7. I like it just running/updating from the same place. Also, when switching computers, it'll be nice to have games accessible from signing into one service.

Eternia

Still kind of bummed out that GMG raised the price of Jet Set Radio even though it's only a difference of about $0.50. I don't know if I would even like the game but I thought the price was right after holding off of the Amazon bundle.

JaseC

Certainly. Although in Soi-Fong's case, since he's weighing up one option against the other, I'd advise against it, everybody has their price point where purchases go from being considered to whimsically indulged.

Caerith

I do want Tropico, but there's so much on my plate already that I know I won't play before the summer sale (if there is one). Think they might do a GOTY by then?

For me personally I only buy games from other sites that will activate on Steam. Saves me much trouble. Only time I've ever double dipped was when GMG had a great deal on Batman: Arkham City and alluded that it was the Steam version. They then announced it wasn't the Steam version and the only way to get the Steam version is to buy it on Steam. I felt the double dip was necessary because I was under the impression the Steam version was devoid of GFWL in favor of Steamworks not that they would BOTH be in the Steam version.

So to this day I have a key for Arkham City from GMG that I have never used and unfortunately no one wants to trade me something for it. So it continues to sit :(

Omega

Banned
I'm anticipating Borderlands 2 in the next daily in an hour. Mark my words!

i wanted to laugh then realized this has a good chance at happening.

and i can picture them looking at what games to put up, with the 6th slot between Fallout NV and this, and they choose this.

ElyrionX

I loved Diablo 3 and it's my GOTY. But I played that with friends. Will I like Torchlight 2 if it's going to be a solo experience for me?

Nert

Lazy code giveaway incoming. I finally got around to picking up the Humble Bundle and there are redundancies to take care of. Whoever activates these Steam keys first gets these games!

Binding of Isaac+DLC (wonderful game): WKL9J-I8I8Y-PY4IW

Cave Story+: X0TD7-IH9XF-TYD7R

Shank 2: YIPA8-ZPKXL-PYJHF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom